PDA

View Full Version : Velonews/Bicycle Buyers Guide 2008

DarrenCT
02-24-2008, 07:16 PM
ok what products do u guys think were cool?

i'll start

1. those dt swiss carbon clinchers. neat but way to f'ing much coin

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/2007/shows/eurobike07/?id=results/eurobike078

2. richard sachs signature

the coolest bike in both magazines and basically in the world.

3. speedvagen

cooler than all those sloping carbon rigs

shinomaster
02-24-2008, 07:27 PM
I think new stuff is over rated. I'm gonna start collecting 2002 campy parts, and Caad7's.

Erik.Lazdins
02-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Based on your post - I need to pony up and resubscribe!

pdxmech13
02-24-2008, 07:45 PM
I give those guys a little credit trying to fill the mag's with stuff. with the internet and all it's easier than ever to see the latest and greatest. I am reaching here a little but Leonard sure is one smart cookie and I'm even warming up to that Matt guy. :beer:

rounder
02-24-2008, 09:35 PM
I give those guys a little credit trying to fill the mag's with stuff. with the internet and all it's easier than ever to see the latest and greatest. I am reaching here a little but Leonard sure is one smart cookie and I'm even warming up to that Matt guy. :beer:

Me too. VN does a really great job and love their annual reviews. Also, Leonard and Matt are really thorough. They tear the stuff apart and analyze it...they are not just cheerleaders for the manufacturers. To me they have more credibility in their reviews than others out there. I remember Leonard making some sort of comment about not reviewing complete bikes because there are so many variables.

Anyway...as far as reviewed products go...the Look 586 was stunning (don't need one).

lavi
02-25-2008, 02:49 AM
I liked the Spot Longboard which was in the Mountain Bike magazine that was included with my Bicycling magazine BG. The Spot was a hardtail 29er with that new belt drive system. Sounds pretty cool. I might have to check that out one day for SSing in Bend. Not a road bike, but still pretty cool.

I think the VN is pretty comprehensive. The Bicycling is more for the masses, but is easy to read in one session.

saab2000
02-25-2008, 02:56 AM
I think new stuff is over rated. I'm gonna start collecting 2002 campy parts, and Caad7's.

Word. There are a couple of newish things that have me somewhat excited, but not to the point of actually dropping the coin on them.

I would like a Record UT crankset or two though. And a Centaur for my CSI. Otherwise it's all just stuff that'll be grossly outdated by this time next year and available for pennies on the dollar.