PDA

View Full Version : Any Boston area riders doing the Blazing Saddles Century this weekend?

Bruce K
08-26-2004, 01:13 PM
Saturday is the North Shore Cyclists Blazing Saddles Century.

They have both full and metric rides as well as a shorter loop.

All of the rides start at Georgetown High School. The full and metric rides loop up into southern NH, over to Newburyport, MA and back down towards Georgetown, with the full century going over through Essex to Manchester, Beverly Farms and back.

Are any Serottaphiles who are not off to the TdFL planning on riding? There has been no shortage of Serottas in the past, just a shortage of forum members.

Hey jerk and drunk, I hear there is a fairly good-sized group of CCB, ECV, and 4C's riders trying to do a 4-5 hour full century. That sounds like your speed. :D

BK

BumbleBeeDave
08-26-2004, 02:46 PM
I am going to TdFL! But we definitely need to scope out some time to get together for a ride this fall.

Let's talk about it! Late September, maybe?

BBDave

Bruce K
08-26-2004, 08:41 PM
We'll have to work on it Dave.

Some of my (so-called) freinds are trying to convince me to do theri annula Kankamaugus Highway ride up in NH on 9/24. They park at Loon Mountain and ride over to North Conway, have lunch, and ride back.

I'm sure it's a beautiful ride but a mountain goat I am not. I'm giving it a lot of thought as this would be a nice trainign ride and a good personal challenge before the Ride for the Roses and our local 'cross races.

How much Stone Cat Ale will it take to entice the Boston celebs (jerk and drunk) up to the North Shore for the ECV Cross Races in GLoucester? There will be plenty there.

BK