PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Topic: Louis Garneau

Viper
02-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Grant and some others have heard some static about their snowbound, northern home. :D I'd like to say that I am warming up towards Canada of late...and it's Louis Garneau's fault, they make some great stuff! I know they have a facility in Vermont, but oh Canada, I enjoy your high-end clothing zoot.

I think I've been a Giordana addict cause Sean Kelly wore their stuff, but lately I find myself looking like a Loius Garneu model/actor/singer/drug rehabber; shorts, bibs, jerseys, base layers, knee warmers, gloves etc.

Are you riding any Canadian clothing. :confused:

Blue Jays
02-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Haven't had a chance to try Louis Garneau gear on the road. My impression of the company is that they produce quality garments.

Viper
02-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Haven't had a chance to try Louis Garneau gear on the road. My impression of the company is that they produce quality garments.

Has my poll swayed your impression. :D

DarrenCT, this is what dating is like these days...right?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQQZ0mpiROE

Grant McLean
02-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Sugoi is the better Canadian brand.

But Canadians don't buy into other Canadians until they leave home,
go out into the world, find fame and adulation, and return home to
have the rest of Canada tell them that they always thought you were great.
Even for all those years while they were poor and could only afford to eat
Kraft Dinner.

I think i've said too much.

-g

shaq-d
02-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Kraft Dinner.

canadian KD is cheezier than US KD.. just FYI :p

Viper
02-23-2008, 09:06 PM

But Canadians don't buy into other Canadians until they leave home,
go out into the world, find fame and adulation, and return home to
have the rest of Canada tell them that they always thought you were great.
Kraft Dinner.

-g

LOL FUNNY. :beer:

How do you feel about the Bryan Adams vid above (tell the truth).

paczki
02-23-2008, 09:13 PM

-g

I'd be careful. The Canadian secret service may have to take you out.

I could tell you some stories about Trudeau and... I'd better shut up.

shinomaster
02-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Dion, Celine

jemoryl
02-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Their helmets are good and underappreciated.

Pete Serotta
02-24-2008, 01:25 AM
Canada is a wonderful and great country,,,

I had plenty of time to work there over the years and love the country and the people. (although I prefer not to be there in winter)

Wish our $ was worth more than it is verses theirs// :D

bostondrunk
02-24-2008, 04:30 AM

-g

Disagree :).
We chose LG over Sugoi and Giordana the past two years for kits. We especially like their new bib shorts, with the 'power gripper' (no rubber gripper) legs.

keno
02-24-2008, 06:44 AM
I was in the market recently for a track pursuit bike. I had questions on the Garneau 9.0 frame. They didn't answer my emails. (I have one Garneau jersey with a tiny little short zipper that's no better or worse than some others I own.)

I'm indifferent to Garneau and wouldn't seek out their products.

keno

fixednwinter
02-24-2008, 07:42 AM
I'm Canadian and while I do have some Garneau products that I like (e.g. helmet, knee warmers, arm warmers, etc) I have to say that it was one of their pieces of clothing that actually CUT me a few years back!

Mountain Equipment Co-Op in Canada sells the Garneau line, and they had some of their lycra cycling shorts. I bought three pairs in 2001. These were not their top of the line model, more lower-to-mid range.

After riding with them for a few months, I noticed one of the shorts was slightly painful to ride - the edge of the chamois seemed to be getting sharper and sharper, after repeated washings. Finally, after a long ride, I looked at my thighs afterwards and the edge of the chamois had SLICED into my skin on both legs - ouch! To this day, I have minor scarring there.

Obviously, I couldn't return them after months of use, and I know it was just a one-off (the other two pairs were fine), but yikes, it's kind of scary when your own clothing is out to hurt you! :confused:

zap
02-24-2008, 08:12 AM
I proudly wear a maple leaf, team canada, jersey made by giordana. Fly sees me and starts singing o canada. I swear people driving in the D.C. metro area treat me better when I wear the jersey.

I have a number of lg items and have worn their helmets in the past. When zip and i crashed hard, our garneau helmets saved us from more grief. Three days after the crash we drove up to TO to see my mom and stopped by a lbs (grants?) and purchased two new lids.

jsfoster
02-24-2008, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE=zap]"I proudly wear a maple leaf, team canada, jersey made by giordana. Fly sees me and starts singing o canada. I swear people driving in the D.C. metro area treat me better when I wear the jersey."

I know that many Americans have said that wearing a canadian tee shirt - or similar type comments- while touring Europe has made their reception more welcome. Do you suppose that this is true in the USA as well? A shocking, but plausible, thought. comments??
-Jon

Also, I have ridden with a few of the Canadian team in colorado, they are a bunch of great- and fast- guys!

saab2000
02-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Sugoi

Also, Canadian ladies are very pretty! :D :D

Onno
02-24-2008, 11:30 AM
Yes, all my girlfriends in high school looked just like Evangeline Lilly! Really!! ;)

pdonk
02-24-2008, 03:15 PM
I have a few of their jerseys from various clubs I have been a member of. Like them, and the options you can do, just make sure to order early and allow for extra time.

Don't like the chamois in LG shorts and ride sugoi and PI.

Viper
02-24-2008, 03:41 PM
I have a few of their jerseys from various clubs I have been a member of. Like them, and the options you can do, just make sure to order early and allow for extra time.

Don't like the chamois in LG shorts and ride sugoi and PI.

Thanks for the tip. I use their jerseys, haven't tried their shorts yet.