PDA

View Full Version : So Too Tall,

keno
02-23-2008, 06:39 PM
how did the ride that goes nowhere go?

keno

Too Tall
02-24-2008, 07:35 AM
Not so bad thanks for asking. It turned into a good day. Rode 20 miles to the shop and taught the class. They suffered and we talked about how to train during the recoveries, I think it was appreciated. One funny to relate, two riders said they always had trouble standing...so I showed them that standing was the opposite of what they were doing....just bend / lower your front end and eureka..you are standing! They seemed pleased ;) Anywho, we produced sweat puddles and I made them listen to Jimmy Thackery and Bob Marley ;) THAN immed. after class a client arrived for a coached ride. He is a BEAST, very muscular guy with tons of power however is a real 'fraidy cat in packs...so we went to a local training loop and found another rider to do a 3 man rotation with and did that for an hr. he got tons better. Next we hit a soggy field and had him charge into me as hard has he could using his shoulders and head to make contact...once he figured out that when contact is expected riders compensate and deal...than we moved on to shoulder and hip contact blah blah blah it went real well except I kept having images of my new Rapha Jacket getting shredded :rolleyes: He plans to attend a local training race next week...I'll ask the officials to let me into the lower category..they are pretty relaxed and I'll help him understand how to just ride a pack. Oooo we practiced cornering on wet roads hehe THAT for me was the most fun. People often do not appreciate how much traction bikes have on wet roads if you use good technique and are not stiff in the upper body.

OK ok ok point made KenO, it was not so bad and ended up on my bike for 5+ hrs. THAT I liked alot.

scrooge
02-24-2008, 09:34 AM
....blah blah blah it went real well except I kept having images of my new Rapha Jacket getting shredded :rolleyes: .... THAT I liked alot.

That's all great...but you fit into a Rapha jacket? Tell me more...I had written them off.

PS: Hows the new wool jersey holding up?