PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Headphone Solution?

ThasFACE
02-23-2008, 02:06 PM
Anyone tried these?: http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/speakers/9b1e/

They seem interesting.

BumbleBeeDave
02-23-2008, 02:45 PM
. . . somewhere--can't for the life of me remember where--and the reviewer said he was pleasantly surprised.

But I'd far rather find single earplug somwhere that multi-plexes both channels into one earplug so I can keep one ear completely free. But I haven't seen anything like that out there. The only singles I've seen are at Radio Shack and pretty low quality. guess I could make my own out of a pair, but it seems like a grand PITA.

BBD

Grant McLean
02-23-2008, 02:57 PM
But I'd far rather find single earplug somwhere that multi-plexes both channels into one earplug so I can keep one ear completely free. But I haven't seen anything like that out there. The only singles I've seen are at Radio Shack and pretty low quality. guess I could make my own out of a pair, but it seems like a grand PITA.

BBD

if you want mono in one earbud, just get an 1/8" mono adapter,
and put it between. you don't need to use the other side if you're
just after one bud with both channels.

-g

BumbleBeeDave
02-23-2008, 03:20 PM
if you want mono in one earbud, just get an 1/8" mono adapter,
and put it between. you don't need to use the other side if you're
just after one bud with both channels.

-g

. . . get one of these adapters, then cut off the earbud I don't want to use? Seems like that would do the trick. I would want to listen with my right ear and leave the left ear open to hear traffic.

BBD

Grant McLean
02-23-2008, 03:52 PM
. . . get one of these adapters, then cut off the earbud I don't want to use? Seems like that would do the trick. I would want to listen with my right ear and leave the left ear open to hear traffic.

BBD

that's what i've been doing. You don't really need to cut off the other bud,
I usually just wind up the left one, and clip it up near the top of the suspender
of the bib short, which really seems to help keep the wire from yanking out the one bud.

-g

LesMiner
02-23-2008, 04:16 PM
20 years ago a similar device called a "bone phone" was marketed by DAK. It had an AM/FM radio It wrapped around your neck and sat on your collar bone.

dvs cycles
02-23-2008, 05:13 PM
:beer: 20 years ago a similar device called a "bone phone" was marketed by DAK. It had an AM/FM radio It wrapped around your neck and sat on your collar bone.
I was wondering if I was the only one who remembered this. :beer: