PDA

View Full Version : Fit article

Needs Help
08-26-2004, 05:15 AM
I read this article on bike fit and the Wobble-Naught system, and I thought some people here might be interested:

http://www.mlracingteam.com/cyclingteam/news.php?newsid=124

caffeine power
08-26-2004, 06:39 AM
I read that in the Velonews that came yesterday. If I was in Idaho I'd be standing in line for one. Maybe next year I can do it when I visit a friend in Pocatello...if he's not booked solid.

Needs Help
08-26-2004, 01:29 PM
Idaho?

-----
Craig Upton is the founder and principle of PR Nutrition and Training, Inc.a New York City-based cycling and multisport coaching and nutrition communications firm. Upton specializes in developing power-based training tools for road racers, mountain bikers and triathletes. He coaches a wide variety of athletes from Olympic hopefuls, IronMan champions, National Champions and leading age-group athletes. Upton was a professional cyclist who competed in road racing at its highest level, the European pro peleton, for over five years. He raced with Brescia-Lat Professnal Cycling Team, a leading Italian-based team, whose schedule included the Tour de France, the Giro D'Italia and other World Cup venues. He still races competitively in the United States and has many top placings in pro-am events. He is the current time trial record holder for Central Park and had 20 top-10 placings during the 2003 season. He ended the season with a fourth place finish at the prestigious Univest Grand Prix, the largest amateur cycling event in the United States. Prior to cycling, Upton was the top goal scorer and led the New Zealand National Water Polo Team at two World Championships. He was a member of the New Zealand National Water Polo Team for four years. Upton was born and raised in Wellington, New Zealand. He holds a degree in finance from Victoria University in Wellington and currently resides with his wife, Julie, in New York City.
------

Also, you can find a list of other fitters here:

http://www.wobblenaught.com/storelocations.asp

davep
08-26-2004, 02:40 PM
They have a web based do it yourself fit sytem on their web site for only $50. What's the difference between their system and all the other DIY systems on the web?

Needs Help
08-26-2004, 03:01 PM
I don't know--it's the first time I've read about this system. Maybe some more experienced riders can chime in.