PDA

View Full Version : Any of you West coasters going to the T-Mobile International on Sept. 12th?

EPOJoe
08-25-2004, 02:16 PM
Yet another chance to see Lance abandon, and hear Robin Williams go on, and on, and on....
But there will be some nice bikes! :banana:

sfscott
08-25-2004, 05:14 PM
Really hard to get into the City and deal with crowds, but I'm going to try.

If you're in town, City Cycle, the local Serotta outpost usually has a nice gathering on race day, and that weekend, they;ll sponser some rides into Marin.

In the past, the Serotta demo fleet and Ben have been there, and even a Mavic support car!

www.citycycle.com or 800.88-ELVIS

P.S. This is Robin's LBS, so you never know who'll show up, but you can count on the Ottrots, Eliums and other fancy tricked bikes to show up there conveniently in his size.

SteveE
09-01-2004, 01:17 AM
either as a course marshal or as a spectator. If spectating, I'll stake out a spot on the Fillmore St. hill. Go Webcor!!!!!

bfd
09-01-2004, 11:59 AM
With regard to City Cycles, SFScott states:

<This is Robin's LBS>

That's not exactly true. With something like 60+ bikes in his garage, there's probably enough room that a dozen or more shops could say they're "Robin's LBS".

Robin buys from numerous shops in the SF bay area including city cycles. For example, one could argue that A Bicycle Odyssey in Sausalito, CA (www.bicycleodyssey.com) is also "Robin's LBS" as Robin buys alot of bikes, clothes, etc. from there and he has been known to "work" behind the counter and answer phones! ABO is also a Serotta dealer too.

As for T-Mobile, ride your bike and cruise around! That's what we do. We move to various points to see the race from different angles and the Expo is a must see. Park your bike at the SF Bicycle Coalition parking lot (free!) and check out the various vendors. Last year, I got to test ride the then brand new DA 10 mounted on a couple bikes on trainers at the Shimano booth, too cool! Plan to spend the day and enjoy.

sellsworth
09-01-2004, 01:13 PM
I'll be there with my wife and kids. Last year I was at the starting line with my son (who was seven years old). We had a blast and enjoyed watching Lance, Vino, Simoni, et al. start the race. I think that Hincapie will really go for it this year.

Is it true that Lance was behind the course getting changed this year? I think that there are fewer turns and more climbing than the previous courses. If Lance was behind the changes it may be a sign that he wants to finish.