PDA

View Full Version : How Can I Post

dirtdigger88
02-21-2008, 12:54 PM
a file that someone sent me as an adobe file- its a scanned catalog from the mid 70s-

Jason

Keith A
02-21-2008, 01:22 PM
You should be able to attach it just like you would an image file. I tried this file as an example to see if it would work.

BumbleBeeDave
02-21-2008, 01:24 PM
You can upload and post the following file types:

bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip

But there's a size limit on the file, and if your file covers several pages, then it wouldn't surprise me if it's too large to upload. Here at the paper when I get a multi-page PDF, I open it in Photoshop, which gives you an opening dialog that lets you choose which page you want to open and what resolution you want. Then I flatten the file in the "layers" menu and resize it to what I need.

If I'm sizing a photos for the forum, I do it about 6-10 wide at 72ppi, then save as JPEG.

BBD

BumbleBeeDave
02-21-2008, 01:24 PM
You should be able to attach it just like you would an image file. I tried this file as an example to see if it would work.

I thought he meant post it as in let people actually see it on the forum . . .

BBD

Keith A
02-21-2008, 01:56 PM
BBD -- The forum won't display a PDF file...all you can do is upload it.

AgilisMerlin
02-21-2008, 02:15 PM
try shutterbug, photobucket, etc.........

if you already have an account, you can either upload as a .pdf (photodigitalfile) or open the exising .pdf and save it on shutterbug, or photobucket as .jpg or .gif (these two files will be drastically smaller in size)

once you uploaded into your photo site........they give you the code (properties) of where it sits on their server.......

this is what i would do...........hold on let me see if i can take the .pdf and dump it in photobucket........hold up....please.......

AgilisMerlin
02-21-2008, 02:30 PM
whoa..........

photoshop won't open acrobat file above
acrobat won't change properties and let me save as photo file
photobucket won't accept a .php file........

gotta go out with kids........

look into this later..........

any ideas anyone............kind of interested.......just need to convert... .pdf/.php to .jpg or .gif............

big shanty
02-21-2008, 02:38 PM
you can click on the camera button in Acrobat and highlight a whole page of the catalog...this copies the contents of the box to the clipboard. You can then open PowerPoint or MS Word (if you're using a PC), click "Paste", and then do a "Save As"...and change the format to bitmap or other image format. Repeat for additional pages of the catalog.

dirtdigger88
02-21-2008, 02:40 PM
IF anyone can figure it out- please let me know- I am thinking the file to too large to do it the way Keith said-

who ever figures it out- email me- Ill send you the file-

its a cool old catalog from yester-year

jason

Grant McLean
02-21-2008, 02:47 PM
IF anyone can figure it out- please let me know- I am thinking the file to too large to do it the way Keith said-

who ever figures it out- email me- Ill send you the file-

its a cool old catalog from yester-year

jason

I guess this is a work around solution -
You can change the PDF into a .jpg ( but only 1 page at a time)
and it has to be within the size 800x800

-g

pale scotsman
02-21-2008, 02:49 PM
If you can see it a whole page at a time, you can do a print screen and paste it into photoshop or the like. Then trim it to your liking, save it as a jpeg, and post it daddy-o.

regularguy412
02-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Why not open each page in Acrobat. Then take a screen shot (prtscrn key) and 'save as' a jpeg in any photo program. Would take some time, but you'd have each page as a separate pic.

Mike in AR

DUH- I missed the Scot's post. Same idea.

jthurow
02-21-2008, 04:47 PM
Here's a link to the .pdf (http://www.esnips.com/r/hmfl/doc/0e87071e-9d49-4a92-9a1a-ff4fd44138ad/Bike-Warehouse-Frame-Catalog-1976). When I tried to convert it into a postable format, the text wasn't readable.

enjoy... especially pages 7 & 8.

jimi

Ken Robb
02-21-2008, 05:03 PM
cool--I'm trying to decide between a Sachs and a Weigle. Those Masis don't look like they would hold up under my power. :banana: