PDA

View Full Version : Need jersey fit help ASAP

woolly
08-25-2004, 08:05 AM
Help! I have to place a jersey order in the next couple of hours, and need advice on sizing. The jerseys are Louis Garnneau. In most jerseys, I wear an XL (Aussie, Voler, most Pearl Izumi), but our recent club Jerseys have been Castelli, and they seem to fit VERY tight. For these, I opted for an XXL, primarily for the extra room in the shoulders & upper torso (I don't like my jerseys to fit like an oversized T-shirt, but one that fits too tight in this area annoys me).

So, are the LG's more "Traditional American fit", or more "Tight Euro-fit"?

Thanks in advance!

- Chris

bpm
08-25-2004, 08:08 AM
My club used Louis Garneau clothing a few years back and I remember there being two different styles or cuts of clothing. They offered clothing in "club" cut and "racing" cut. Obviously the club cut fit looser. I remember the club cut fitting very similar to Pearl Izumi clothing and the racing cut being significantly tighter through the body. I'm not sure that if that helps or makes your decision harder. Good luck.

Serotta PETE
08-25-2004, 08:15 AM
I use xl in all the ones you mention,

for Assos and Castelli, i need one size larger. (I know this helps very little for it is the cut that they use at that time.).

Maybe you can call Garneau and ask or go measure one up to an existing jersey at the LBS

I would take an xl based on info or what fits and does not.

TmcDet
08-25-2004, 08:21 AM
My club used Louis Garneau clothing a few years back and I remember there being two different styles or cuts of clothing. They offered clothing in "club" cut and "racing" cut. Obviously the club cut fit looser. I remember the club cut fitting very similar to Pearl Izumi clothing and the racing cut being significantly tighter through the body. I'm not sure that if that helps or makes your decision harder. Good luck.

our club uses LG jersey's and they are in the 2 cuts that bpm mentions here. there is a big difference in the fit of two cuts so you really need to know which cut you getting....from what I find there is 1-2 size differences between the 2 cuts

Ozz
08-25-2004, 08:22 AM
The last Louis Garneau jersey I bought fit like a Pearl Izumi - I wear a large in both. This was a couple years ago.

I think you would be correct to think an XXL Castelli fits like a XL Pearl Izumi (or Louis Garneau). I would put them into the "American fit" category. Although I have seen where them have the "club" vs "pro" fit.

Frankly, buying jersey's without being able to try them on is frustrating...even within the same manufacturer, year to year and style to style the fit seems pretty random.

Good luck.

scottcw
08-25-2004, 08:54 AM
I just returned an XL LG owner's club jersey to Serotta because it was too tight. Definitely a European rather than American cut. I asked them to exchange it for an XXL.

Out of the 7 XL jerseys I own, 6 fit right, one is too tight.

woolly
08-25-2004, 09:04 AM
Thanks all! After not being able to tell just HOW MUCH more snug their "fitted" Pro-Fit jerseys are, I bit the bullet and ordered both sizes. Problem solved.

Thanks again!

- Chris

jberk
08-25-2004, 09:34 AM
please let us know which turns out to be the better fit. :beer: