PDA

View Full Version : When do you get time to unwind ?

pdxmech13
02-20-2008, 09:28 PM
As the riding season comes closer by the minute I am already having a hard time trying to relax. I am so busy when I get home its hard to just sit and watch the tele on heavens forbid listen to an album. Dinner and dishes haven't been doing themselves, when do you get a chance to just chill ? Does it really have to wait for the weekend ?

DarrenCT
02-20-2008, 09:32 PM
im single

after 9 its time to chill

i either read, screw around on the 'net or drink beer

mostly drink beer

khjr
02-20-2008, 09:33 PM
I am so busy when I get home ? #$%^& - you get to go home?!

e-RICHIE
02-20-2008, 09:36 PM
i relax after i shave atmo.

avalonracing
02-20-2008, 09:37 PM
im single

after 9 its time to chill

When I was single it was time to chill until it was 9 ;)

DarrenCT
02-20-2008, 09:45 PM

do u go with the grain or against?

AgilisMerlin
02-20-2008, 09:46 PM
have a couple kids.....................

relaxing is a state of mind.

todays training...

trip to homedepot......mopped house.......ordered out........when to the brother inlaws.........drank shytt......fosters bitter and bowled on the Wii...sony

rode the rollers for 45 minutes today, while watching cartoons.......kids vacation week.............

burning a boatload of musak..........nudge nudge wink wink............ :banana:

and planning to do much of same tomorrow.............pay some taxes tomorrow....owe in maine and virginia.........feds dumped large sum.....so covered i am ..........

wife busy selling the vino..........and fish eggs.............do what you can when you will...............no worries, eh !!!!!

lifes too short not to listen to musak:

if you ride like crap in March...........you will swing forward by May...........

good luck............... :D

WadePatton
02-20-2008, 09:50 PM
:banana:

shanerpvt
02-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Penfold's Thomas Hyland Cab...........12 1/2 frn's.........87 pts........that's where i'm at this evening........pretty relaxed, all things considered.

:beer: ,

shaner

Blue Jays
02-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Unwinding time is about three hours between the end of workday and making something simple and quick for dinner. Then it's gym, home, shower, and into bed. Repeat.

Louis
02-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Unwinding time is about three hours between the end of workday and making something simple and quick for dinner. Then it's gym, home, shower, and into bed. Repeat.

You work out after dinner? I eat after riding / rowing / whatever. I've always thought that's what you were "supposed" to do.

Viper
02-20-2008, 10:32 PM
1). Brush teeth, polish them with microfiber towel (old school)and tooth paste.
2). Go to bed in Captain America Under Roos.
3). Dream of blondes from JCREW Catalog as well as spending 7 hours trying to figure out the origin of the universe/mankind.
4). Wake up at 6am. Drink water, ride on trainer. Eat, shower, shave. Play with Star Wars action figures for ten minutes, begin the battle on Hoth from where I left it the day before.
5). Work from 7:30am till 5:30pm. Race to gym at 5:30pm. Train like a rabid shark.
6). Dinner at 7:30pm. Turn on computer and finish work from 9-11pm.
7). Put on fresh set of Sean Kelly Under Roos and leave the night light on for Star Wars action figures. Pray to the living spirit of Sean Kelly for strength. Ponder how the earth was made, where the universe ends and who really made it.
8). If I have free time I catch an episode of Miami Vice.

Blue Jays
02-20-2008, 10:33 PM
/\/\ Dinner might be rice & beans, a big bowl of cereal & milk, cheese & fruit, or something similarly simple.
When the days grow longer I may eat after a Tuesday/Thursday night training ride. Meals before or after workouts have never been bothersome to me.

Ozz
02-21-2008, 08:18 AM
have a couple kids...:D
+1000

pdx....you don't know what "busy" is..... ;)

:beer: :beer: :beer:

pdxmech13
02-21-2008, 09:33 AM

straight razor ?

AgilisMerlin
02-21-2008, 09:43 AM
http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1330.gif

AgilisMerlin
02-21-2008, 09:46 AM
http://planetsmilies.net/star-wars-smiley-5472.gif

1). Brush teeth, polish them with microfiber towel (old school)and tooth paste.
2). Go to bed in Captain America Under Roos.
3). Dream of blondes from JCREW Catalog as well as spending 7 hours trying to figure out the origin of the universe/mankind.
4). Wake up at 6am. Drink water, ride on trainer. Eat, shower, shave. Play with Star Wars action figures for ten minutes, begin the battle on Hoth from where I left it the day before.
5). Work from 7:30am till 5:30pm. Race to gym at 5:30pm. Train like a rabid shark.
6). Dinner at 7:30pm. Turn on computer and finish work from 9-11pm.
7). Put on fresh set of Sean Kelly Under Roos and leave the night light on for Star Wars action figures. Pray to the living spirit of Sean Kelly for strength. Ponder how the earth was made, where the universe ends and who really made it.
8). If I have free time I catch an episode of Miami Vice.

thejen12
02-21-2008, 10:11 AM
I worked part-time for many years, and got my "chill" time. I really need it, health-wise. Last year they made me switch to full-time and I had a hard time with it. Finally I learned to go to work early so I had some time to unwind after work, but it's still a drag.

I have a new boss now, and we're going to discuss going back to part-time. :banana: To me, it's definitely worth giving up the money. After all, the point of money is to buy the lifestyle you want. If I get that lifestyle by working part-time, then I don't need so much money to buy all the "time saving" ammenities.

Jenn

dnades
02-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Amen Jenn. Wish my field payed well enough to work part time. It used to when things were less expensive (rent for instance) but that was a long time ago. Getting time to relax is something we are currently working on but the deck is pretty well stacked against it. I don't know what we would do if we had children. Get used to the concept of debt I guess.

Fixed
02-21-2008, 10:27 AM
talk to my wife and son over dinner then make 25 obama calls .. a nite ride to the pub for an hour back home play the piano or guitar hurt my ears then to bed
cheers

thejen12
02-21-2008, 10:54 AM
I think it really helps if you're one of the lucky people who needs less than 8 hours of sleep per night. Unfortunately, I'm in the 8-9 hour category. :crap: If I could get by on 6 hours a night, life would be a whole different story!

Jenn

SoCalSteve
02-21-2008, 10:59 AM
I worked part-time for many years, and got my "chill" time. I really need it, health-wise. Last year they made me switch to full-time and I had a hard time with it. Finally I learned to go to work early so I had some time to unwind after work, but it's still a drag.

I have a new boss now, and we're going to discuss going back to part-time. :banana: To me, it's definitely worth giving up the money. After all, the point of money is to buy the lifestyle you want. If I get that lifestyle by working part-time, then I don't need so much money to buy all the "time saving" ammenities.
Jenn

Gets it!

This is how I try to live my life and I am fortunate to have a career that allows me to work when I want and take time off when I need to. (unless the writers go on strike, then I have time off whether I need it or not). :argue:

Great way to live your life, I say! I semi-retire a few months every year.

Steve

onekgguy
02-21-2008, 11:02 AM
...taking time to write in my blog (http://onekgguy.blogspot.com/). Reminiscing or just collecting my thoughts.

Kevin g

Viper
02-21-2008, 07:59 PM
http://planetsmilies.net/star-wars-smiley-5472.gif

:beer:

I believe in life on other planets.

Star Wars, to me, is real.

shinomaster
02-21-2008, 08:04 PM

Scrotum?

superunleaded
02-22-2008, 01:32 AM
"When do you get time to unwind ?"
While waiting for the peloton.http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2137/2283535336_567eb0ef37_b.jpg

BURCH
02-22-2008, 08:18 AM
Since moving to Louisville and away from I-95, we have so much chill time it is amazing. Not spending up to 2 hours in your car each day really helps. Working from a home office isn't hurting it either.

AgilisMerlin
02-22-2008, 08:21 AM
super,

only two beers to chase those bottles........... :crap: poor guy

Too Tall
02-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Two things come to mind. Hanging with select close friends and riding my bike alone. Did I mention cooking ;) For some reason I'm in my most chill state when cooking.

superunleaded
02-22-2008, 11:51 AM
super,

only two beers to chase those bottles........... :crap: poor guy

AM
we killed those bottles with Gatorade and Cytomax bro :beer:
but i paid for it dearly the next day :crap:

played hookey to go watch the tour under the sun ain't too bad.

but mannn, i got to unwind the whole day. :banana:

C5 Snowboarder
02-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Golf and then read a book