PDA

View Full Version : 08 vs. 07 HSG IT

jasond
02-20-2008, 11:57 AM
So, I'm finally going to spend some serious cake on a new road bike and just have a few questions.

1. Is there any differences other than decals and price between the 08 and 07 HSG IT? From what my LBS says there are no differences however, they would obviously like to get rid of an 07 before an 08 right now.

2. The LBS says I can just change the decals from the 07 style to the 08 style vary easily. Of course I'd probably have them do it before I attempted it. I think the red outline with white fill for lettering makes it stand out a little more which I like.

3. Are there any reviews other than Bicycling magazine? Or can anyone here give me a quick review. Maybe just a little list of Pros and Cons. I'm finding it hard to find reviews.

Thank you!

HSG Racer
02-20-2008, 12:01 PM
The headtube length is slightly larger in 08. I have an 07 size 56 frame with a 13.8 headtube length. The 08 size 56 frames have 14.5 headtube length. That's the only difference that I see between the two. The tubing may have also changed. Call Serotta directly for the new tubing specs with the 08 models. Hope this helps.

aLexis
02-20-2008, 12:03 PM
I like the decals of the '07 a lot better. Just my two cents.

avalonracing
02-20-2008, 12:29 PM
There is a thread on here that says that the decals are under the clear coat. Do not expect an easy switch until you confirm this for yourself.

jasond
02-20-2008, 12:48 PM
There is a thread on here that says that the decals are under the clear coat. Do not expect an easy switch until you confirm this for yourself.

Yes, I have seen that thread. The salesman seems to think otherwise, this is why I wouldn't attempt it myself. I guess it really doesn't matter what decals I get but how the bike rides.

jasond
02-21-2008, 04:28 AM
I like the decals of the '07 a lot better. Just my two cents.

The more I look at the 07 decals the more I like it also. :banana: