PDA

View Full Version : All those padlocks ...

Louis
02-19-2008, 10:43 AM
After a few weeks of "almost anything goes" it seems that we have had a change in policy. I have no problem with that, but will someone at least be up-front about things, and acknowledge that the policy has been tightened?

I think things are a lot simpler when everyone is aware of the rules of the game.

Thank you
Louis

jmewkill
02-19-2008, 10:50 AM
drive fast, take chances.

Lifelover
02-19-2008, 10:57 AM
After a few weeks of "almost anything goes" it seems that we have had a change in policy. I have no problem with that, but will someone at least be up-front about things, and acknowledge that the policy has been tightened?

I think things are a lot simpler when everyone is aware of the rules of the game.

Thank you
Louis

My general take on it is pretty much the opposite. I think the mods should do what they do and don't need to bother with reasons. Posting a reason or "change in policy" will just cause more problems than it solves.

Most of us are smart enough to catch on to what the current standards are. If not the mods can address folks directly.

sc53
02-19-2008, 10:58 AM
The shaved scrotum thread is still open.

Louis
02-19-2008, 10:59 AM
and don't need to bother with reasons

We've been there before and it wasn't pretty.

dave thompson
02-19-2008, 11:01 AM

Thank you
Louis
Louis:

If you keep buying the stuff that I sell, I'll guarantee that none of my FS threads will be locked! :)

BumbleBeeDave
02-19-2008, 11:05 AM
I hate to look at it so cynically, but every OT political thread I've seen on here seems to have devolved into flames, and it's still over 8 months till the election! Friendly, reasoned political debate can be educating and fun, but that just doesn't seem possible here. Plenty of cycling related politics to talk about . . .

BBD

regularguy412
02-19-2008, 01:15 PM
This is not a democratically run forum,, nor should it be. We can post and share opinions and facts at the discretion of the Serotta designees.

Many of us have differing views on some of the touchier subjects. The mods are correct in making a preemptive strike when some of these subjects surface.

Keep it bike-related,, and we likely will not have too many problems.

Thanks to Pete and the other mods for their insight. I think that's why they call'em MOD-erators,,so things can, hopefully, remain 'MOD-erate'.

Mike in AR :beer:

Blue Jays
02-19-2008, 01:25 PM
It makes the forum much more efficient to digest when the topics are more uniformly about cycling and cyclists.

Lifelover
02-19-2008, 03:10 PM
We've been there before and it wasn't pretty.

Just like preschoolers, they all came back when they didn't find a better play ground.

Grant McLean
02-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Just like preschoolers, they all came back when they didn't find a better play ground.

actually, that's not correct.

Andrew left. The others came back

-g

BumbleBeeDave
02-19-2008, 03:26 PM
. . . all over the internet where people can yell at each other until they're blue in their cyber-faces. But do we need that here? My feeling is probably not--at least until after the election.

There just seems to be something about this election year that has everyone on edge, tense, and easily angered. I think maybe it's because in this year when the election is wide open, it gets people thinking more about those questions about where we have been, which way the country is going and who would either get us there or change the course.

In talking with friends I've never seen so many people worried about where this country is going and how it's getting--or not getting there. I know I worry about it, what kind of world my daughter will inherit, and the place of our country in an increasingly changing and crowded world. I get all this information fed to me by the media about how things are going to hell in a handbasket, but I feel totally unable to control any of it.

I think a lot of other people feel that same way and it's easy to get frustrated, irritable, and angry when you feel like that. It's tempting to want to blame sombody--anybody--for what we see as being wrong today, and in an election year there's a nice convenient target--the other party.

I've always looked at my cycling and, by extension, this forum as a place to get away from things like that. Kind of like that table at the local bar I've spoken about before where you can go any hour of the day and find somebody to help you escape that outside world and just talk cycling. It's refreshing to be able to do that and not have to try to shut out that party at the next table screaming at each other about the election.

BBD

onekgguy
02-19-2008, 08:00 PM
I don't understand the need to over-moderate the forum. We're all adults and nobody is forced to follow threads they don't want to.

You can't discuss one of the larger stories of the day (Castro) for fear that somebody may become upset about something posted on the forum? You can't have a thread which talks about shooting down some space junk? Why? Why all this paranoia? This has gotten ridiculous.

This is getting to be like some episode from the Twilight Zone where people only speak of happy things.

Next stop Willoughby.

Yes, this is a bicycle forum but it's more than that. It's a community of people who hopefully have interests other than bicycles. There are many interesting people who have a lot to offer other than their expertise on bike stuff. Let's hear what they have to say and if you don't like the direction a thread is taking, don't look at it.

Kevin g

DarrenCT
02-19-2008, 08:21 PM
It makes the forum much more efficient to digest when the topics are more uniformly about cycling and cyclists.

sounds like something oprah would say atmo

roman meal
02-19-2008, 08:58 PM
The shaved scrotum thread is still open. You can't get that kinda information just anwhere, at least not without getting a disease.

roman meal
02-19-2008, 09:00 PM
sounds like something oprah would say atmo

Diane Sawyer says stuff like that, too, like "Don't you find that most processed toppings on pizza are just inordinately difficult to digest?"

capybaras
02-19-2008, 09:11 PM
where is the male photo?

csm
02-19-2008, 09:28 PM
where is the shaved scrotum thread?

Blue Jays
02-19-2008, 09:32 PM
"...where is the shaved scrotum thread?..."All the hair removal tips are shared in THIS (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=40894) helpful discussion thread.

csm
02-19-2008, 09:37 PM
thanks so much!

Blue Jays
02-19-2008, 09:58 PM
/\/\ Just trying to be helpful! http://www.sportbikeworld.com/forums/images/smilies/laughing.gif

swoop
02-19-2008, 10:17 PM

this presumes a lot.. and every bit not true.