PDA

View Full Version : Question for Serotta Pete- Length of PM messages

Sandy
02-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Serotta Pete- I sometimes try to send long PMs. If a PM exceeds 3000 characters, a message appears, as I am sure that you realize, that necessitates shortening the message to 3000 characters. It would be nice if we could write longer PMs- Say 4000 characters or maybe 5000. Is it possible to increase the maximum length of PMs or is it a function of the capability of the computer software or something else?

No big deal. Whatever it is, it is, and we must adust to it, but is it possible to increase the number of characters?

A real character,

Sandy

Pete Serotta
02-18-2008, 01:42 PM
I have just increased the total that it can be..... Give it a try..

Get out there and ride...... PETE

barry1021
02-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Serotta Pete- I sometimes try to send long PMs. If a PM exceeds 3000 characters, a message appears, as I am sure that you realize, that necessitates shortening the message to 3000 characters. It would be nice if we could write longer PMs- Say 4000 characters or maybe 5000. Is it possible to increase the maximum length of PMs or is it a function of the capability of the computer software or something else?

No big deal. Whatever it is, it is, and we must adust to it, but is it possible to increase the number of characters?

A real character,

Sandy

It's a short story!! :cool:

b21 (only know about 20 words)

Sandy
02-18-2008, 07:31 PM
I have just increased the total that it can be..... Give it a try..

Get out there and ride...... PETE

Thanks Pete. Have not been feeling well lately. Doing very little unfortunately.

Sandy

Sandy
02-18-2008, 07:33 PM
It's a short story!! :cool:

b21 (only know about 20 words)

I just start writing and the words just contine coming until I sometimes exceed the 3000 characters. I guess that does make it a short story!! :)

:banana: Short Story Serotta Sandy :banana:

JohnS
02-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Sandy, try emailing them...

manet
02-18-2008, 07:40 PM
send them to stevep.
he started readers digest.

roman meal
02-18-2008, 07:42 PM
send them to stevep.

large print version

Viper
02-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Look, I'm mostly to blame. Sandy and I had a huge debate over the new Star Wars movie/tv show and we ran out of room :D :

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news/announcement.html

Sandy
02-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Sandy, try emailing them...

Simple solution that you give. The only problem is that I have Verizon email that I REALLY dislike. If I write a long email and try to send it, the message just disappears and I am unable to retrieve it, so I lose it all. I think that it is some type of time constraint. My computer abilities are minimal at best, but I did learn how to cut and paste, which I do sometimes- I even have problems with that sometimes (same message printed multiple times). I use Microsoft Word etc.

Sandy

Sandy
02-18-2008, 07:48 PM
send them to stevep.

Before or after he started the internet? :rolleyes:

Too old to start,

Sandy

barry1021
02-18-2008, 07:49 PM
writing emails, that sounds odd. Feel better!!

b21

Simple solution that you give. The only problem is that I have Verizon email that I REALLY dislike. If I write a long email and try to send it, the message just disappears and I am unable to retrieve it, so I lose it all. I think that it is some type of time constraint. My computer abilities are minimal at best, but I did learn how to cut and paste, which I do sometimes- I even have problems with that sometimes (same message printed multiple times). I use Microsoft Word etc.

Sandy

Sandy
02-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Look, I'm mostly to blame. Sandy and I had a huge debate over the new Star Wars movie/tv show and we ran out of room :D :

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news/announcement.html

I must say that you are an amazingly prolific poster on the forum. I don't see how you can most so much intricate thought out material and content.

I would really like you one day to meet my American Pit Bull Terrier King. I don't know where you live but if not too far form MD, perhaps we can have you meet him. I think that you would see he is not the stereotype that you and many others probably believe that he and all pits are.

Sandy

Viper
02-18-2008, 08:14 PM
I must say that you are an amazingly prolific poster on the forum. I don't see how you can most so much intricate thought out material and content.

I would really like you one day to meet my American Pit Bull Terrier King. I don't know where you live but if not too far form MD, perhaps we can have you meet him. I think that you would see he is not the stereotype that you and many others probably believe that he and all pits are.

Sandy

Invite me down for a weekend in early June and I'll be there with my bike, Star Wars action figures, a box of dog bones for King (and my gentleman's Spyderco just in case he's an Oriole fan and wants to bite a Yankee). :D

I'm doing the 3S/3M ride in early May, it will kill me and I will die a painful death. I will have my corpse and my Pinarello shipped to the Genesis Planet. I will be re-born and dying for crab cakes and beer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X6I6id6RR0

I nearly cried when Lt. Yar was killed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUy2EYcYY-0&feature=related

Sandy
02-22-2008, 12:50 AM
I just sent a PM that was longer than 3000 characters as it included someone's PM sent to me that I replied to. The entire message was sent. I did not have to eliminate any characters. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

Sandy