PDA

View Full Version : Selle Italia Thoork

Birddog
02-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Anybody have any real world experience with this saddle? I can ride just about any saddle so I'm curious to hear if there are any major negatives. I'll listen to any positives too.

Birddog

Ed Moses
02-18-2008, 12:12 PM
I have the Thoork Gel flow on my Cross Bike (Pinarello CX carbon) and I find it to be very comfortable. I used a test model from my LBS for about a month - twice! - before parting with my money.

I have to say that it was easy to get a good position on - and it is the first saddle that I have found I can pedal safely with no hands. I have one leg shorter than the other and always found it difficult to get my balance nohanded - the flex on this saddle seems to fix that.

I have now been using it for 3 months (tests before that!) on rides up to 60 miles/4-5 hours with not too many ill effects!

Do you have any specific questions?

Ed

1centaur
02-18-2008, 02:02 PM
I have been rotating saddles around on my trainer-bike lately as I experiment with seatposts and set-back for various reasons. I keep coming back to the regular Thoork, even though I ride Aliante or Arione on all my real road bikes. Its smooth transitions from front to back and side to side are a nice change from the cutouts and ridges that are more problematical on the trainer than the road, and its relative lack of padding does tend to help produce an efficient stroke.

Only bad thing - the Thoork will not fit on my new Ericksen post because it has something in the back between the rails and is too tight across to fit over the top. It fits fine on a Thomson and a Bontrager.