PDA

View Full Version : What's up, RedTurbo?

weisan
08-24-2004, 06:24 AM
Hey buddy, I saw that you are having a garage sale on eBay for some of your high-octane bikes (Calfee etc.)

What's up?

gsd
08-24-2004, 08:04 AM
Probably RTs buddy Rick Ring at Bicycles Inc has some new Serotta toys for this weeks HHH. :) He with the most toys wins.

Redturbo
08-24-2004, 08:20 AM
I'm selling my stock Calfee and looking at a custom Parlee/Hampsten or Calfee built to match my Sachs. Just think about it, a carbon bike built to RS specs. I could rule the world! (evil laugh here) Oh, did I say that out loud?

turbo

Climb01742
08-24-2004, 09:20 AM
redturbo--steve hampsten is building me a hampsten/parlee. a great guy. very neat process so far. i'd recommend steve, for what it's worth. if only parlee built stuff faster! :p

FlaRider
08-24-2004, 09:55 AM
RedTurbo,

Just a quick note concerning Parlee: I asked Parlee to build my Z1 with a bottom bracket drop of 8 cm (same as my Sachs and my Serotta) but they said this couldn't be done due to some manufacturing issues. I suspect it has something to do with the molding process. I had to settle for a drop of 7.5 cm. My Parlee is in paint, so I don't know how this will affect handling.

Cheers,

Rafael