PDA

View Full Version : Real Dario Pegoretti?

Johny
08-23-2004, 10:16 PM
http://www.bikefanclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=773

amg
08-24-2004, 06:24 AM
looks like it.

He seems like quite a character! :)

Antonio

BumbleBeeDave
08-24-2004, 09:50 AM
. . . And I thought frying bacon naked was dangerous! ;)

BBDave

amg
08-24-2004, 07:49 PM
Hey Gang,

Notice in the photo where Dario is welding the drop out area of the frame, while wearing what is perhaps a tribal version of the first welding mask ;), notice the massive size chain stays on that particular frame. That frame appears to me to be a Big Leg Emma based on the fact that the chain stays are huge in proportion to the rest of the frame. Now look closely at the chain stays, they look to me like a super-size version of the Columbus MAX chain stays as far as I can tell from the photo. The chain stays in the photo look different than the ones seen on the BLE show bike.

Could it be that Columbus had difficulty producing the BLE chain stays to Dario's specs. so both Dario and Columbus had to settle on a larger version of the MAX chain stay? Was this what held up production of the BLE? Just a guess.

Antonio :beer:

EPOJoe
08-24-2004, 09:45 PM
I had always assumed this is what e-RICHIE and Captain Kirk looked like while they worked, but somehow I expected more style from an Italian. :banana:

poussez
08-25-2004, 02:36 AM
in reference to Pegoretti's supposedly poor style, one must consider that all Italians wear Armani shirts, or would like to.
I appreciate the "monkey man" look, and the frames as well :banana: .

cpg
08-25-2004, 11:57 AM
I like Dario as much as the next guy but seeing him without a shirt while eating my lunch is... unfortunate. He looks to be a candidate for a bro. Velcro closure of course. <grin>

Climb01742
08-25-2004, 02:01 PM
i recently heard the argument made, by someone quite knowledgeable, that the MAX tubeset was the best steel tubeset ever made. i ain't smart enuf to know whether it is a true statement, but as a happy owner of a mx leader, seems possible. :p

amg
08-25-2004, 07:19 PM
you know, I took a better look at the photos and I believe I am mistaken, the chain stays on the frame he's welding do look like the chain stays of a BLE, not a variant of the MAX chain stays. I goofed.

Antonio :beer:

poussez
08-29-2004, 12:16 PM
I like Dario as much as the next guy but seeing him without a shirt while eating my lunch is... unfortunate. He looks to be a candidate for a bro. Velcro closure of course. <grin>
help please. what is a bro? not a brother I guess.

bcm119
08-29-2004, 12:25 PM
A male bra.