PDA

View Full Version : Brilliant!

William
08-23-2004, 10:08 PM
What could be better than a cold Guinness Extra Stout? Looking like one while your cruising along!

I don't normally wish to wear alcohol related or other team jerseys, but I'll make an exception for this one (I'm a Stout guy).:beer:

They have enough people lined up to get a run of jersey's going. If you likey and you want one, let them know and get your order in. I/2 now by Paypal, remainder upon completion. Price is a little steep, but part of it goes to the LA foundation.

www.guinnesscycling.com/teamstore.php

William

PS:. Someone gave me a Bud Dry jersey once and I promptly cut the sleeves off and drew a big circle with a slash through it (with a permanent Sharpee) over the Bud Dry logos. Maybe I'll give it to BD. :D

shaq-d
08-24-2004, 01:24 AM
nice jersey, but i prefer guinness draught...

sd

edit: omg, i just realized there's a REAL guinness extra stout.. turns out i've been always drinking the "foreign" one.. guinness' website.

sd

bcm119
08-24-2004, 11:15 AM
Guinness draught is smoother and lighter in flavor, with relatively low alcohol. It comes in draught, 16 oz cans or the new plastic bottle. Extra Stout is the one in the glass bottle- stronger, more roasty and higher abv. :beer:

Ozz
08-24-2004, 11:32 AM
This team was riding in the "Tour de Blast" I rode back in June. I think they said they were from Portland, OR.

They seemed like nice guys - I think they were there just promoting the team by showing the colors. There were also selling socks that match the jersey shown above. I picked up a couple pairs. The proceeds were going to LA Foundation.

Fred D
08-24-2004, 02:32 PM
Guinness draught just ain't the same as Stout, it's bland and not worth the bother. And beer from a can or plastic bottle is just plain wrong. Stout in a bottle, why mess with it. Besides if you warm it up you can make a meal out of it.

Tom
08-24-2004, 03:04 PM
What could be better than a cold Guinness Extra Stout?

Any other stout at cellar temperature. Heh heh.

Vermont made it legal to buy two beers at once in a bar. Evidently, they got sick of cold stouts and scottish ales. You buy one and by the time you drink it the second one's warmed up to the right temperature. Nobody knows how to serve the things, most of your microbrew places do it because people complain if their glass isn't cold. I believe they should say like my dad did to us children: "You'll drink what I put in front of you and like it, kid!"

William
08-24-2004, 04:04 PM
I apologize profusely for my farenhight-ish, centigade-ish, stoutish faux-paw. :crap:

BUT I STILL LIKE THE JERSEY-!!:D

The team is from Portland, You are correct sir! Give the man a Stout!! ......room temp of course.:beer:

William