PDA

View Full Version : separated at birth?

swoop
02-16-2008, 04:06 PM

saab2000
02-16-2008, 04:09 PM
The WWE could not have done better.

What is it with some teams and some riders who are like freak shows. Like those Smackdowns. (not that I would watch them....)

Something about the Rapha image of cycling has a lot of appeal when seeing that absurity.

swoop
02-16-2008, 04:14 PM
penis-stripe party of four... your table is ready.

(notice tyler's mouth is closed.... hint hint..tyler has some form).

e-RICHIE
02-16-2008, 04:17 PM
why isn't tyler on the start listmo atmo?

saab2000
02-16-2008, 04:19 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Nice codpiece.

swoop
02-16-2008, 04:19 PM
why isn't tyler on the start listmo atmo?

puerto.
but that may change-mo? (because they are only investigating fuentes and that other dude and not the bikers this time).
i think the three puerto amigos will show up and i think cipo may start too... but i dunno.. i'm just speculating.

saab2000
02-16-2008, 04:21 PM
puerto.

It's done. Let him race.

petitelilpettit
02-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Anyone got shots of the bikes? I've been dying to see what has become of the DeRosas.

Pettit

Birddog
02-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Can somebody kill this thread before BBD sees it? He'll be shopping for a green and black bike before you know it.

Birddog

jerk
02-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Anyone got shots of the bikes? I've been dying to see what has become of the DeRosas.

Pettit

yup.

jerk

mgm777
02-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Warning - Contrarian opinion ahead. The bike is a bit much. However, I like the green kit. Much better than the red and black, IMHO. Not too many NASCAR-esque brand labels splattered randomly on the kit. Could be because Rock Racing doesn't have many sponsors, no?

swoop
02-16-2008, 04:58 PM
don't get used to it.. because i think its for TOC only... or whatever whim comes next.

swoop
02-16-2008, 04:58 PM
It's done. Let him race.

cipo, tyler, botero and sevilla will be riding the TOC. its official.

Birddog
02-16-2008, 05:13 PM
publicity photo
http://photos.dataeast.free.fr/Flippers/dataeast/turtles/pub.jpg

swoop
02-16-2008, 05:16 PM
um... i know she's fast.. but i just want to feed her. eff bike racing.

girlie
02-16-2008, 05:27 PM
It's the sport.
How do you say it.....
Pellegrino
and
Altoids
....I think.

swoop
02-16-2008, 05:32 PM
yeah... i'm a sexist pig. she looks much skinnier to me than the good mr justin...

girlie
02-16-2008, 05:33 PM
yeah... i'm a sexist pig. she looks much skinnier to me than the good mr justin...
ok

swoop
02-16-2008, 05:33 PM
but i know you just wanna hold him and feed him too :P

girlie
02-16-2008, 05:37 PM
but i know you just wanna hold him and feed him too :P

ok!

DarrenCT
02-16-2008, 05:37 PM

PM sent

who the hell is this?

she is kinda hotmo!

well...not really but in a cyclist sorta way

i'd rather take paris.

shinomaster
02-16-2008, 05:39 PM
yup.

jerk

fugfruckingtacular!

swoop
02-16-2008, 05:40 PM
isn't that mara abbott (sic)?

shinomaster
02-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Justin and myself both lost our asses someplace..

Viper
02-16-2008, 05:43 PM
(notice tyler's mouth is closed.... hint hint..tyler has some form).

Agreed atmo. Some of the comments are lol:

http://www.doubletongued.org/index.php/dictionary/mouth_breather/

"Luke, close your mouth fool."

swoop
02-16-2008, 05:59 PM
well.. on a positive tip.. you have to love ball's passion and legal team! ok.. i'm recovered from today's ride.. no more interweb.. cheers! mara... if you have a sister that's a few years older... maybe rides but... um.. eats... call me?

shinomaster
02-16-2008, 06:00 PM
does BAll ride?

swoop
02-16-2008, 06:02 PM
does BAll ride?
yup. that's how this whole thing started.... riding with my old team mate haldane.
(a time ulteam)

oldguy00
02-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Swoop,
Do you race pro/cat1/cat2?

swoop
02-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Swoop,
Do you race pro/cat1/cat2?

hell-no!!!!!!!!! old farts only. 30-40's.... i know everyone says this but i decided not to take a 2 upgrade because there is no effing point. i'm 43... i'm just having fun. and to that end... this year... i'm hardly racing at all.
i've never done better than 7th in a 30 plus 123.
i kinda suck as a bike racer (i'm just stuck-up and weird so people wrongly assume that i'm good).!

DarrenCT
02-16-2008, 06:29 PM
hell-no!!!!!!!!! old farts only. 30-40's.... i know everyone says this but i decided not to take a 2 upgrade because there is no effing point. i'm 43... i'm just having fun. and to that end... this year... i'm hardly racing at all.
i've never done better than 7th in a 30 plus 123.
i kinda suck as a bike racer!

we still dig u

besides, ur an expert beer pong player

DarrenCT
02-16-2008, 06:30 PM
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.alongyotte.com/platinum_equation/table.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.alongyotte.com/platinum_equation/&h=405&w=534&sz=75&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=c9R5x5ObSHXQ_M:&tbnh=100&tbnw=132&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbeer%2Bpong%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe %3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2778/tableve5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

aLexis
02-16-2008, 07:22 PM

swoop, she raced today in Fresno. All the women raced with the threes, caught the onetwos and kept rolling. Petra told Mara she had to stay in the middle, as she needs to work on her pack skills. Good motor, but the euros will make her life very hard this year if she can't hold her own. And it was noted today that she needs a sandwich or two.

aLexis
02-16-2008, 07:24 PM
She is the current US National Road Champion!

PM sent

who the hell is this?

she is kinda hotmo!

well...not really but in a cyclist sorta way

i'd rather take paris.

swoop
02-16-2008, 07:33 PM
uh oh.. it just got ugly... five bucks ball pulls the team!!!!!
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/feb08/feb16news3

aLexis
02-16-2008, 07:42 PM
The part about all of this that is so lame, is that there is an incredible start list of riders, international and domestic. What has Paolo Bettini been up to, how is Ben Jaque-Mayne's training going? There are so many interesting stories to be told and and very successful race about to take place, and all that seems to matter is whether a bunch of guys in incredible hulk costumes are going to get to race. They are a side show. The Tour of California does not need his money or his riders, go home.

BumbleBeeDave
02-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Can somebody kill this thread before BBD sees it? He'll be shopping for a green and black bike before you know it.

Birddog

Too late! :crap: :rolleyes: :p ;)

BBD

girlie
02-16-2008, 07:58 PM
and all that seems to matter is whether a bunch of guys in incredible hulk costumes are going to get to race. They are a side show. The Tour of California does not need his money or his riders, go home.

Lets burn them, then kill them, then crucify them.......and then cook them.

swoop
02-16-2008, 08:09 PM
alexis... you're so right. so many guys to notice.... and get behind.... and so with the best intentions cipo is a side show....

and rock.. for all the good people involved.. doesn't deserve to be there for the lack of organization. it brings the whole event down..

my critique has always been that with the best of intentions ball will just scare decent sponsors away.
if he just would have gone the vaughters route and started small and stayed that way until he had the right people.

Viper
02-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Lets burn them, then kill them....and then cook them.

They're already fried.

aLexis
02-16-2008, 08:19 PM
the lack of organization thing is big, and it affects all of the teams. my pal Jim is the race promoter and instead of being able to concentrate on the big stuff, he is busy trying to secure a racing license for Cipollini, who didn't bother to show up to the race with a current license. and that is the tip of the disorganized iceberg.

go KBS!

alexis... you're so right. so many guys to notice.... and get behind.... and so with the best intentions cipo is a side show....

and rock.. for all the good people involved.. doesn't deserve to be there for the lack of organization. it brings the whole event down..

my critique has always been that with the best of intentions ball will just scare decent sponsors away.
if he just would have gone the vaughters route and started small and stayed that way until he had the right people.

swoop
02-16-2008, 08:47 PM
and where did cesear grajoles go? didn't he sign with them?

girlie
02-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Maybe the problem is with objecting to simply letting them race.......maybe I missed something but all of this reminds me of witch hunts and looking for the commies.......race - test.....and with time.
You can't make a man do right...or stop him from doing wrong....you can only catch them and then make them pay the price for the crime....once it is paid let them be.....it's called justice.

swoop
02-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Maybe the problem is with objecting to simply letting them race.......maybe I missed something but all of this reminds me of witch hunts and looking for the commies.......race - test.....and with time.
You can't make a man do right...or stop him from doing wrong....you can only catch them and then make them pay the price for the crime....once it is paid let them be.....it's called justices.

i think its less about that and more about simple disorganization and chaos. and i think one of balls tactics is chaos. it may look like its about the riders... but its really about throwing money around without vision and sight and forcing everyone else to clean up after you.

saab2000
02-16-2008, 08:55 PM
i know everyone says this but i decided not to take a 2 upgrade because there is no effing point.

You're joking, right? Of course there's a point. Aim higher.

If you don't try to hit the moon you will surely never hit it. I took the 2 upgrade as soon as I could when I was about 20 or 21. Never made 1s because I got to the point where it was pointless, so I guess I get your point. Blew the wad on Simes's and Eustice's Corestates thing. Enjoyed every second of getting my butt kicked but finishing in the 1/2/pros. Vindication is what it was.

Anyway, what'shisname (endoverend or something like that) from Durango is like 52 and could slay all of us twice over. Age don't matter.

swoop
02-16-2008, 09:04 PM
it doesn't matter what number is on my license so long as i can do 30/35/40 123's... and i decided end of last season to hang it up anyway.
gonna race the speedvagen a few times... maybe ten.

masters out here is hard... i'm proud to be able to suck at the level i suck at!
(between 3's and masters i was in about a half dozen breaks that lapped or got the field pulled last year... for me it wont get better than that. a few podiums to boot... so why push it? i'm sure as heck not going to train that hard ever again).

saab2000
02-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Well, I guess you're right. my last USCF license was about 1993 or so. Swiss ever since. Nothing anymore.

Every year I say I would like to race again and every year the damn mortgage payment gets in the way. I am not going to do it if I can't train enough to race in the high levels.

Anyway, I'd like to see Tyler Hamilton do well.....

shinomaster
02-16-2008, 09:11 PM
it doesn't matter what number is on my license so long as i can do 30/35/40 123's... and i decided end of last season to hang it up anyway.
gonna race the speedvagen a few times... maybe ten.

masters out here is hard... i'm proud to be able to suck at the level i suck at!

Next year I can race masters cross with old guys like Coylifut. :)

girlie
02-16-2008, 09:13 PM
i think its less about that and more about simple disorganization and chaos. and i think one of balls tactics is chaos. it may look like its about the riders... but its really about throwing money around without vision and sight and forcing everyone else to clean up after you.

I do not doubt that is Balls MO......but so what.....why is it working? And the racers whether he cares or not should not be crucified because of his actions.

Maybe it's time to learn some new tricks.......cause he is here and everyone is letting him win.....even if he is "losing."

Let them race....catch them in the act.....and shut the **** up. I'll bet he has a crew of people fighting everything he does...just cause. And I also bet Ball is a **** - details. Not every basketball coach was well behaved. He's just a spectacle in our precious tradition packed sport of cycling.....and it makes us uncomfortable. There are a lot of things in this sport that make me uncomfortable Ball is not #1.

swoop
02-16-2008, 09:26 PM
hey girlie... i want ball's guys to race. i think there should be amnesty for past offenses and better testing for current. the only guy on the team that i think is dirty is in it up to his neck anyway.
i wanna see tyler and company ride...

but i think knowing the delicate situation involved that haldane and ball might have taken some meetings before hand with the race organizers. i get 'mad' because of ball's amazing resources and passion lost for the seemingly chaotic style.. when if he were more tempered we could have an edgier slipstream on our hands... and all be the better for it.

aLexis
02-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Let them race....catch them in the act.....and shut the **** up. I'll bet he has a crew of people fighting everything he does...just cause. And I also bet Ball is a **** - details. Not every basketball coach was well behaved. He's just a spectacle in our precious tradition packed sport of cycling.....and it makes us uncomfortable. There are a lot of things in this sport that make me uncomfortable Ball is not #1.

The issue is not whether his racers are clean/dirty. It is not about him not fitting in with tradition. Promoters will get tired of his antics and quit inviting him. If he wants to go against the cycling grain, I think that's great, just be able to back it with the organization of a team at that level. The whole team is smoke and mirriors and money. For the sake of the riders, hopefully they pull it together, but right now it is a joke.

Louis
02-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Anyway, what'shisname (endoverend or something like that) from Durango is like 52 and could slay all of us twice over. Age don't matter.

For most people it does matter. For a few genetic freaks of nature it doesn't matter that much for a while. In the end everyone dies.

girlie
02-16-2008, 09:41 PM
If he wants to go against the cycling grain, I think that's great, just be able to back it with the organization of a team at that level. The whole team is smoke and mirriors and money. For the sake of the riders, hopefully they pull it together, but right now it is a joke.

Well it's probably the best "joke" Tyler could get.....that is more my point.

In the past the organization of the US teams could have been laughed at by the Europeans.....he'll either figure it out or he won't or he doesn't care. But he's in the game.....and some of his riders get a second chance - hopefully :)

swoop
02-16-2008, 09:47 PM
http://pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=5674&status=True

they mystery figure mentioned is maurice.. you'll recall him from floyd's legal team (as well as leogrande's).

i know a bunch of the boys are at valley of the sun.. i wonder if he has them headed to norcal...

BumbleBeeDave
02-17-2008, 08:23 AM
. . . and I'm thrilled to see Cipo racing again. I guess we'll see how he does and if he sticks with it whether he does well or not.

In the meantime, I think it's hilarious Ball talking up a rider's union. Makes me wonder where his $400 blue jeans are sewn and whether the workers THERE have a union.

BBD