PDA

View Full Version : Anyone find the Brooks Team Pro a little too round...

chakatrain
02-16-2008, 02:04 PM
The width of the Brooks Team Pro is just about perfect...but I'm finding it a bit too rounded in the undercarriage; even with playing with angle (nose up, flat, nose down), I can't quite get that rounded part from wanting to be a little more intimate with my undercarriage than I'd like.

I haven't yet ridden any other Brooks. How much flatter is the B17 or B17N? I'm tempted to try to B17N on my CSI next.

Has anyone else found the Team Pro a little too rounded? If so, to what saddle did you change?

rnhood
02-16-2008, 02:56 PM
I have not ridden the Team Pro but, the standard B17 I found a bit too rounded also. In back it's excellent but, when you're running 6-7 cm of drop the roundness eventually gets to you. If you slide back to get the pressure off then you're sitting on the rivet support rail and, boy it's hard.

I now have the Selle An-atomica and, it is much kinder to the undercarriage. It's cut is slightly fuller through the mid section while, at the same time being far more compliant (aka squishy). Its easier to get, and stay comfortable with this saddle. It works well for me and, I bet it would for you also.

BillyBear
02-16-2008, 08:31 PM
not rounded when pressed down by my big butt...it's perfect! Also first ride on the new Bold precision seatpost...sweet!

:butt: (my happy butt)

Any of you out there not riding brooks saddles cause seatpost does not have enough setback should check out the Bold posts....