PDA

View Full Version : Who (on this Forum) have you ridden with?

SoCalSteve
02-15-2008, 08:32 PM
I've had the great pleasure of riding with 5 people from the Forum.

1.) Tom Byrnes (a few times)
2.) BigMan (aka Henry) on Long Island, Palm Springs and Los Angeles
3.) petitelilpetite (aka James...ah, to be 20 and 6% body fat)
4.) mjbyl & girlfriend (Maarten has been a great customer of my "used" gear)
5.) Serotta Pete (last, but definetly not least)

I have seen Swoop race a couple of times and have met Jack Brunk, BlastinBob and Mavic 1010 (all on the same day, actually). Final leg of the TOC 2007 in Long Beach,CA.

Steve

Kevan
02-15-2008, 08:36 PM
too many to number.

Can I get by with: a lot?

Louis
02-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Quite a few at the GdB, four St Louis area forumites, and one northern IL dude.

girlie
02-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Fstrthnu/Flux
Jerk
Matt Berkley
Zank + Woman
Some other people I am sure are on the forum but I didn't know it at the time......

People I know...but "may" not care about cause I don't really know.
e-richie
steveNp
your_friend (I can only think and believe;)
I know there are more but I just can't keep track of everyone.

AgilisMerlin
02-15-2008, 08:51 PM
i rowed my boat down to New Hampshire..............and docked at Roman Meals abode...................

met, rode, beer..................

and since.......skipped the riding, beer......... :beer:

t. swartz
02-15-2008, 08:58 PM
still looking forward to riding with keith a., rain outs and health issues notwithstanding... :beer:

jerk
02-15-2008, 09:23 PM
climb90210
pretty pony
roy munson
roy munson
flux
stevep
girlie

jerk

Matt Barkley
02-15-2008, 09:26 PM
The pleasure to ride with (that I know of...):

Smiley
TooTall
Girlie
JeffG (seen him at Old La Honda/Skyline)

Thanks Guys! You all have taught me more than you think! :beer: - matt

shinomaster
02-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Coylifut
Chrisroph
IXXI
Vaxn8r
BCM119
Zank-does a cross race count?

davids
02-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Ti Designs
A handful of folks at the first Boston group ride attempt - Ti Designs again, DZRM, umm...
all those Hub on Wheels folks - Roman Meal, Bruce K, 39cross, znfdl, even stevep for a few moments. They put our photo in the paper. Some other folks got in it too.

...I know I'm missing folks on both these lists. sorry! Others too, probably. More soon, I hope.

Tom Byrnes
02-15-2008, 10:09 PM
All of the folks at:

Tour de Finger Lakes I and II, and Douglas's Ramble
Giro de Bozeman
Nottrott Weekend

Many So Cal SerottaPals: Mavic1010, BlastinBob, So Cal Steve and Sherri, Donn Austin, Kurt Fainman, Ken Robb, Stackie, not-so-Petit James, Mike Grotz (visiting So Cal Pal)

Lots of great people.
:)

Tom

roman meal
02-15-2008, 11:14 PM
i rowed my boat down to New Hampshire..............and docked at Roman Meals abode...................

met, rode, beer..................

and since.......skipped the riding, beer......... :beer:

It's more efficient that way. All that beer just waiting.

Bruce K
02-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Way too many to name them all.

Every Open House except the Tour de Toga, Douglass' last Ramble, the Hub on Wheels gang,
The whole Serotta Forumite Team at last year's PMC
Len J
Quattro
RAbikes2
BBDave
Smiley and Karen
Sandy
Bradford
Weisan
Alexis
Serotta Pete
Spokes
39cross
Hardlyrob
znfdl
Zanc and Mrs. Zanc (yes, I'm counting cross races)
veloslug

Bill Bove (who helped get me through some tough times with regular rides when I'm sure he could have been going much faster and farther)

This is such a great place and a great group of folks, the list just would go on forever.

BK

cadence231
02-15-2008, 11:42 PM
Dirt.

swoop
02-15-2008, 11:46 PM
i don't actually ride or own a bike...
i just slept at motel 6.

that's ok isn't it?

i ride weekly with cary ford. kurt is a local fixture and have heard him panting many a time (favorite kurt quote: 'oh fug, you guys are climbing this in the big ring?)', socal steve has seen two of the worst races i've ever done.. i crashed out of manhattan beach and my lead out sat up at the master crit at tour of cali... so not impressive.
i spun for five minutes with flux... so that's not really riding but the chamois time was excellent at neptunes net.
tom byrnes, and serotta pete .. i've seen and chatted up... but i couldn't pedal an inch for having had a long day already... i see mrs socalsteve (sherry) all the time.. but those are sightings rather than rides.

i had grant and stevep read my palms over a coke or beer at innerbike.
i've had sightings across four lanes of the fabled brunk but no actual contact.

i've done some races with someone from here but i can't remember his name and was embarrassed to death when he asked me if i was swoop because he obviously knows how bad i am and how idiotic i am on the bike.

coylifut
02-15-2008, 11:48 PM
cristroph, shino, too-tall, william, zank, myette

had dinner with ginger and manet (good times)

girlie
02-15-2008, 11:53 PM

dave thompson
02-15-2008, 11:56 PM
I've had the opportunity to ride with only one forumite, Dave Kirk. It cost me a bundle! :)

quaintjh
02-16-2008, 12:09 AM
And yet I've never seen the zebra suit in person! :beer:

Ginger
02-16-2008, 12:50 AM
A cast of thousands...

Well...I've attended many forum events...and a couple open houses, and I've ridden in those groups...I could even say I've ridden with Ben Serotta because we chatted for a bit on one of the rides...and Sandy too because he was there...but I'd say I've ridden with:

Pete M.
Tom B.
TT
Dave Kirk
Climb
Weisan
justinf
dbrk
Mavic1010 (who can sprint faster than me when chased by hounds...but didn't)
Ahneida
RhinoDave (too many miles to count)
Jim (many many miles)
D. Cotcamp
dirtdigger
H. Frank Beshear
Rover Rich

And Avispa and I have had flat tires at the same point in time on the same Finger Lakes ride.

Dinner with TT, manet, and coylifut *was* fun.

OOPS
Saab2000!!!

Avispa
02-16-2008, 12:54 AM
And Avispa and I have had flat tires at the same point in time on the same Finger Lakes ride.

Hey Gingah,

I thought that was OUR secret! Oh well.... Now the word is out on the Nets. ;)

Now my list: Too long to list, it includes almost everyone here, but mostly the ones that have been around for a while! :D

..A..

shinomaster
02-16-2008, 12:26 PM

Don't know this member?

saab2000
02-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Ginger, Too Tall, ZNFNDL, Flydhest. All very nice, knowledgeable, generous folks who also happen to be terrific riders and the real deal. They are cyclists who happen to do other things with their lives too.

Hope I am not forgetting anyone.

PBWrench
02-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Avispa
Brons2
Weisan
Ken Robb
Marco
Jacques Anteil

BumbleBeeDave
02-16-2008, 01:42 PM
And yet I've never seen the zebra suit in person! :beer:

. . . come to Heather's april 5th season beginning ride and party. I'm planning on making a, uh, "statement!" :rolleyes:

BBD

Louis
02-16-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm planning on making a, uh, "statement!"

A new outfit I hope ...

shinomaster
02-16-2008, 01:50 PM
Has anyone ridden with Darren? I'm worried that when he and I ride next month he is going to tear my legs off. I haven't gone for a "ride" ride since my last "race" in December. Can he climb? Should I take him up a 1000 foot climb? Should I get him drunk first?

BumbleBeeDave
02-16-2008, 01:52 PM
A new outfit I hope ...

Now I've also got the bike.

BBD

Louis
02-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Now I've also got the bike.

Oh Jeez, aren't there laws against this sort of public nuisance on the roadways?

I hope it's adequately documented so pictures can be posted here. (With appropriate XXX warnings of course, to keep the children away.)

To quote Conrad "The horror, the horror."

Louis

Chris
02-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Birddog.

stevep
02-16-2008, 02:53 PM
quite a few.
more after this year.

its a nice group altogether.

Bill Bove
02-16-2008, 02:59 PM
quite a few.
more after this year.

its a nice group altogether.

I don't know, maybe it's time tighten the requirements a little.

"I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member"

Lifelover
02-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Ginger, Too Tall, ZNFNDL, Flydhest. All very nice, knowledgeable, generous folks who also happen to be terrific riders and the real deal. They are cyclists who happen to do other things with their lives too.

Hope I am not forgetting anyone.

: (

What about me. The Northwest River Cluster F*** ride.

I rode with the folks at the 2006 Ramble and Saab.

saab2000
02-16-2008, 03:05 PM
: (

What about me. The Northwest River Cluster F*** ride.

I rode with the folks at the 2006 Ramble and Saab.

Lifelover is correct!! I have ridden with him and his buddies in VA Beach.

BTW, I may find myself back there for two months. March and April I am based there and the commute from Michigan stinks. Looking for a room to rent for 2 months. Place to crash basically. I'll drive my car down with my sleeping back and Thermarest! :beer:

I have a couple buddies there. Anyway, expect to see me again for March and April. I'll probably hit Fat Frogs rides if I am around.

William
02-16-2008, 03:28 PM
I know I'll leave a few out that I've ridden or hung with so I apologize in advance if I miss you.

Ahneida Ride
Beungood
Hans
Molly22
TooTall
Coylifut
Climb
Bradford
BBDave
Keno
Bruce K
larry D
Hypnos
Smiley
Sandy
Brian Smith
Serotta Pete
SteveP
Ginger (aka: MA)
Manet
Zank
In gob we trust
Davids
Kevan
Plus many others from the Serotta open House.

Oh, and last but not least...Bat Girl (Thddddddddlaar!!!) :banana: :D

William

Kahuna
02-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Tom Kellogg. His turf. His gang.

Awesome.

-K

vaxn8r
02-16-2008, 03:55 PM
AFIK:

gasman
ERDR
Shinomaster
bcm119
wasfast
IXXI
KevinK
Kirk007
nobrakes

I'd like to ride with more of you.

Redturbo
02-16-2008, 04:03 PM
FIXED :beer:
NM##### :banana:

saab2000
02-16-2008, 04:11 PM
I would like to ride with Mr. Fixed. Learn a thing or two about life! And riding in South Florida. I wanna learn how that is done.

Ray
02-16-2008, 04:28 PM
All of the DC folks and other east coasters at Smiley's in 2005 and 2006 and the fine folks from all over the place at the Ramble at Douglas's place in 2006. Lots of people, too many to mention, some who's forum names I never even quite matched up with their actual names.

Hopefully a bunch of the same and new folks at the Ramble this August. Internet forums are better when you've actually spent at least a little bit of time with the people involved. Seems more real.

-Ray

BillyBear
02-16-2008, 08:37 PM
tailwinds (many miles)

Viper
02-16-2008, 08:43 PM
If you have vintage, original Star Wars action figures, I will come ride with you. I'll bring good beer.

cleavel
02-16-2008, 08:44 PM
Hi,

I've ridden with:

petitelilpettit
Blastinbob

I've met:

Jack Brunk

I've probably raced with:

swoop

saab2000
02-16-2008, 08:46 PM
I will ride with Viper. Long, hard rides in the rain. No helmets. In Wisconsin. In March/April. Maybe around Lake Winnebago. 100 miles or so. Maybe more. Pretty effin' cold coming up from Fond du Lac to Oshkosh and then even colder coming up from Oshkosh to Appleton.

But you know Sean Kelly would do it twice. So you have no choice. I wanna get my Serotta CSI up there for a Lake ride this spring. Wanna join me Mr. Viper?

Viper
02-16-2008, 09:12 PM
I will ride with Viper. Long, hard rides in the rain. No helmets. In Wisconsin. In March/April. Maybe around Lake Winnebago. 100 miles or so. Maybe more. Pretty effin' cold coming up from Fond du Lac to Oshkosh and then even colder coming up from Oshkosh to Appleton.

But you know Sean Kelly would do it twice. So you have no choice. I wanna get my Serotta CSI up there for a Lake ride this spring. Wanna join me Mr. Viper?

I thought of you today. I trained on the treadmill until blood squirted from my nose. I smeared it onto the treadmill with my index finger and wrote, "SK wuz here atmo."

I'm training like a rabid Tiger shark. Sharks don't get cancer, but they do get rabies, maybe. This summer I will meet you for a Bike Marathon and we'll do this, here, except it won't be at 'Arnold's' drive-in, just you, me, Sean Kelly, three bikes, three combs and one stretcher. Fonzie will not be there to save you this time atmo: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySXMJlf5tVk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtbrkeu0eY0

Here is you after the ride declaring thoughts on Fonzie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT84OJha2nE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC64WR07hTk

molly22
02-17-2008, 11:01 AM
i've ridden with "William, the conqueror of very intimidating dogs and really polite bike rider" (i think rt 102 in exeter?). i sing his praise as he put himself between me and one of the aforementioned (duh-the dog) without hesitation. he's a man's man, a cyclist's man, a family man, a dogs best friend and not necessarily in that order.

Ozz
02-17-2008, 11:38 AM
I've only ridden with "gasman" and a guy who used to hang out here a couple years ago..."Indy Fab".

:beer:

bigbill
02-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Dave Hickey in San Diego.
Len J, once in San Diego and again in Maryland.

Both were at gathering for another forum so maybe there are others who have different names on this site.

It is always fun to put faces with names.

97CSI
02-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Ride with deanster in CO most every year. His turn to head east this year, as we are riding Bike VA in June. After the Finger Lakes Ramble, this list should expand by 50+, judging by the number of positive replies. http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=40557

roman meal
02-17-2008, 12:18 PM
If you have vintage, original Star Wars action figures, I will come ride with you. I'll bring good beer.

I sold all of mine 15 years ago to buy a nice engagement ring. How whacked is that?

Original Kenner five-figure set, the first figures ever made, etc...

C5 Snowboarder
02-17-2008, 01:01 PM
C5 Golfer :D :rolleyes:

JohnS
02-17-2008, 02:02 PM
A cast of thousands...

Well...I've attended many forum events...and a couple open houses, and I've ridden in those groups...I could even say I've ridden with Ben Serotta because we chatted for a bit on one of the rides...and Sandy too because he was there...but I'd say I've ridden with:

Pete M.
Tom B.
TT
Dave Kirk
Climb
Weisan
justinf
dbrk
Mavic1010 (who can sprint faster than me when chased by hounds...but didn't)
Ahneida
RhinoDave (too many miles to count)
Jim (many many miles)
D. Cotcamp
dirtdigger
H. Frank Beshear
Rover Rich

Dinner with TT, manet, and coylifut *was* fun.

OOPS
Saab2000!!!
You forgot me... :rolleyes:

William
02-17-2008, 03:39 PM
i've ridden with "William, the conqueror of very intimidating dogs and really polite bike rider" (i think rt 102 in exeter?). i sing his praise as he put himself between me and one of the aforementioned (duh-the dog) without hesitation. he's a man's man, a cyclist's man, a family man, a dogs best friend and not necessarily in that order.

M(H), I'll ride with you anytime, anywhere! :cool: :banana:

I hope things are going well in big "T". Can't wait until you get back up here for a Tour De RI.

William

Jeff Weir
02-17-2008, 03:55 PM
I've ridden with Kevan if you count passing him as riding with him. I've never ridden with DarrenCT but I once talked to him about bikes while we were standing in line at the liquor store. Does that count?

ShockTreatment
02-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Zap, Zip, Znfdl

also

TT, Smiley, TimB

maybe others from DC?

djg
02-17-2008, 06:42 PM
znfndl, tootall, flydhest ... smiley's crew a couple of times -- smiley, Sandy, RT (where's she gone?), and, er ... the Nottrot crowd, which included most of the above, plus Karen, bbdave, several Toms (Byrnes, Kellog showed up Saturday evening, another Tom, I think), Manet was there, Keno, KornJulio, Pete, I'm leaving folks out, I'm sure of it.

Louis
02-17-2008, 06:45 PM
I've never ridden with DarrenCT but I once talked to him about bikes while we were standing in line at the liquor store.

And I bet his shopping cart was full of wine coolers...

Skrawny
02-17-2008, 07:00 PM
petitelilpettit
Serotta James
Chakatrain

I think that's all.
I'd ride with any of you though!
-s

Dekonick
02-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Sandy, Pbob
Smiley did a fitt'n - great job too!

I usually ride alone or with a kid in tow...but havent been out much since the birth of number2.

Fat daddy needs to become fit daddy - but the two year old just doesn't get that...and I suppose the 9 month old will be the same in a year so I guess it is just gonna have to wait a bit before I get a chance to ride with any more forumites - even with a lot of them close by...

The kids are worth it IMHO...so it can wait :D

Ken Robb
02-17-2008, 11:50 PM
at my advanced age I'm prone to forgetfulness but:
Stackie
Tom Byrnes
Douglas Brooks
Frank Beshear
Steve Palincsar
Diego Donn
Kevan
PB Wrench
Dan LeFoot
Joe Bell

and a cast of thousands whose names I can neither remember nor spell :rolleyes: :beer: :banana:

Great folks all!

DarrenCT
02-18-2008, 12:32 AM
I've ridden with Kevan if you count passing him as riding with him. I've never ridden with DarrenCT but I once talked to him about bikes while we were standing in line at the liquor store. Does that count?

very funny Jeff

i actually saw you on lower shad road in pound ridge once. let's ride this spring.

u bring the co2, i'll bring the beer

-d

RIHans
02-18-2008, 12:52 AM
I was on the same team as E-Richie and Peter W...CYBC. We rode together. Well, I
was a junior, and they kicked my lil' butt.

William, he would be on the big, bad, kick butt team.

As I type this stuff, I'm watching the late repeat of the TOC prolog. Nice.

Blastinbob
02-18-2008, 08:26 AM
All those that "said" they rode with me, plus a bunch of others that won't admit it.

Elefantino
02-18-2008, 08:47 AM
Daaaang. We really need to get you all down to Florida. We actually have fun on the flats. Really.

Len J
02-18-2008, 08:47 AM
Way too many to name.

Anyone who did the following rides:

Last years saratoga rides
2005's Serotta Open House
Either of Smiley's Nottrott rides
Either of Spectrum Bob's Soup rides
e-richie on my fitting
2007 PMC Serotta team

I've also ridden with bigbill on a couple of RBR rides

And of course, sspielman has dragged my sorry butt all over Talbot county.

Never rode with anyone from this board that I wouldn't ride with again.

Len

RABikes2
02-18-2008, 09:09 AM
Bruce K -- a few times :)
BBDave
Serotta Pete
Sandy (and met Gloria)
Smiley and Karen
Len J
Spokes
Bill Bove
Kathy Krumme
Climb
Ben (yeah right, I "rode" with him for about ... oh, forget it :p )
Lori Hoefer
Hypnos
Ginger (MA)
Elefantino (look forward to meeting the Mrs. in April; see you then!)

I'm leaving many names out from the 2004 Open House, but we rode together, too.

RA

Keith A
02-18-2008, 09:15 AM
still looking forward to riding with keith a., rain outs and health issues notwithstanding... :beer:I'm ready to roll anytime now...just as long as it's not a hammer fest :D

GregL
02-18-2008, 10:08 AM
I introduced myself to Bill Bove at a Cycle Science Sunday morning ride in Juno Beach in March '06. I've probably ridden with a few of you unknowingly at races in western, central, and eastern upstate NY. I would love to ride at DBRK's Canandaigua fest in August, but I already have a pre-existing family commitment that weekend. MAJOR BUMMER!!

Spinner
02-18-2008, 12:09 PM
... TdFL 1 & 2, GdB, DBRK Ramble.