PDA

View Full Version : They're all wading in now....

corky
02-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Puerto reopened (http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/operation-puerto-affair-reopened-14559)

swoop
02-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Puerto reopened (http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/operation-puerto-affair-reopened-14559)

this may kick tyler out of TOC.. which would bum me out... and provide for fireworks since rock put about 500k into sponsoring the event.

i wish they'd just let the past stay the past and move on.

GregL
02-14-2008, 04:33 PM
i wish they'd just let the past stay the past and move on.

+infinity

Why can't all the morons who run professional cycling stop the witch hunts and come up with some real solutions. Declare blanket amnesty for any doping activities prior to 1 January 2008. Institute workable policies and procedures to combat PEDs in the sport. At the rate they're going now, the UCI, ASO, and all the other organizations are just going to sink to the level of the US congress...

Avispa
02-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Why can't all the morons who run professional cycling stop the witch hunts and come up with some real solutions....

Hey,

I think as long as some of the rider morons that got caught and/or have suspicious backgrounds are around, nothing is going to change. I say ban them all for good and I bet things will be different!

..A..

regularguy412
02-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Hey,

I think as long as some of the rider morons that got caught and/or have suspicious backgrounds are around, nothing is going to change. I say ban them all for good and I bet things will be different!

..A..

I agree. The question is: Which (unbiased :confused: ) lab will we use to determine guilt?

Doping will continue to be a problem, either to a greater or lesser degree. IMHO, the UCI and ASO must first get their _OWN_ acts coordinated before any real progress can be made on controlling the dopers. As long as the struggle continues over control of the ProTour, the doping control issue will continue to be the political football.

Mike in AR

Avispa
02-14-2008, 05:08 PM
I agree. The question is: Which (unbiased :confused: ) lab will we use to determine guilt?

Doping will continue to be a problem, either to a greater or lesser degree. IMHO, the UCI and ASO must first get their _OWN_ acts coordinated before any real progress can be made on controlling the dopers. As long as the struggle continues over control of the ProTour, the doping control issue will continue to be the political football.

Mike in AR

Totally agree with you, bro!

..A..

flux
02-14-2008, 05:24 PM
While out training around Palo Alto today I caught up with an old buddy who was very close to a handful of the riders implicated in Puerto.

We talked.

The volume, combinations and potency of the stuff these guys were given blew my mind and take into account I was around some crazy stuff back in the day.

I had no idea to what lengths these guys were going...

I try not to care about this stuff or even have an opinion but knowing what I know now I hope these guys get totally exposed. They were going way, WAY beyond "taking care" of themselves. These guys were doing every friggin thing in the book. Fcuk em' all.

Of course I can't prove any of this is true.

shinomaster
02-14-2008, 05:26 PM
While out training around Palo Alto today I caught up with an old buddy who was very close to a handful of the riders implicated in Puerto.

We talked.

The volume, combinations and potency of the stuff these guys were given blew my mind and take into account I was around some crazy stuff back in the day.

I had no idea to what lengths these guys were going...

I try not to care about this stuff or even have an opinion but knowing what I know now I hope these guys get totally exposed. They were going way, WAY beyond "taking care" of themselves. These guys were doing every friggin thing in the book. Fcuk em' all.

Of course I can't prove any of this is true.

Flux for President.

jeffg
02-14-2008, 05:33 PM
Flux for President.

+1

I missed the chance to see my candidate in Palo Alto today!

Hey Flux, are you riding in Woodside this week?

flux
02-14-2008, 05:34 PM
... not everyone who saw Fuentes has been implicated. Some guys slipped through the cracks.

bostondrunk
02-14-2008, 07:02 PM
... not everyone who saw Fuentes has been implicated. Some guys slipped through the cracks.

So what would be an example of over the top dosing, etc?? Spill it!!! :)

shinomaster
02-14-2008, 07:19 PM
So what would be an example of over the top dosing, etc?? Spill it!!! :)

A huge blunt?

sbornia
02-14-2008, 07:26 PM
While out training around Palo Alto today...

Were you on the other side of the Bay last week, riding in the Berkeley hills? Saw a guy who looked like you.

flux
02-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Were you on the other side of the Bay last week, riding in the Berkeley hills? Saw a guy who looked like you.

No. I've been here and LA... that's about it. Great riding here though. Hasn't gotten boring yet!

pdxmech13
02-14-2008, 08:30 PM
I really don't think the riders are getting burned on this as much as the fans.

flux
02-14-2008, 10:04 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008/feb08/california08/?id=startlist

DarrenCT
02-14-2008, 10:08 PM
tyler out

not good for da sport atmo

brians647
02-14-2008, 10:39 PM
I really don't think the riders are getting burned on this as much as the fans.

Not yet, but in 2009 they'll feel the effects big time. The sport will take YEARS to recover.