PDA

View Full Version : Optical illusion?

jpw
02-14-2008, 03:06 AM
http://www.serotta.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SCB&Category_Code=GRG

The first frame is listed with an 18+ cm ht and the second a 15+ ht, but for all the world they 'look' quite the opposite...at least to me. The Concours looks to have a much longer ht than the Legend ST.

Do I need glasses? :-)

soulspinner
02-14-2008, 04:49 AM
Not only that, but the caption says the Concours has a carbon rear. It sure isnt in the photo. I actually called about the dimensions and they said it had 8 drop , 72.5 head angle and 41.7 cm. chainstays, which seem long to me. Otherwise it would fit me as a daily driver. I forgot to ask about the carbon rear. The person who answered the phone indicated it was new, the price is right.

DarrenCT
02-14-2008, 05:44 AM
Not only that, but the caption says the Concours has a carbon rear. It sure isnt in the photo. I actually called about the dimensions and they said it had 8 drop , 72.5 head angle and 41.7 cm. chainstays, which seem long to me. Otherwise it would fit me as a daily driver. I forgot to ask about the carbon rear. The person who answered the phone indicated it was new, the price is right.

looks like the webmaster may have had a few too many atmo

jpw
02-14-2008, 09:30 AM

I missed the carbon stay gaff. I DO need glasses :-)

What body size would this frame ideally fit do you think?

soulspinner
02-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Me with a straight Thomson post(laid back st). 5-10, longish legs short arms. 85cm bike inseam. 115 -120 stem. Are long chainstays because of the front center dimension?

jpw
02-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Me with a straight Thomson post(laid back st). 5-10, longish legs short arms. 85cm bike inseam. 115 -120 stem. Are long chainstays because of the front center dimension?

I'm 5 - 9 1/2, shorter legs with an 83.3 cm inseam and a longer lower back. Probably slightly too big a frame therefore for me. A pity.