PDA

View Full Version : Defintely On Topic: Tour of California

Viper
02-13-2008, 06:26 PM
It begins on Sunday. Discuss. Let the season being atmo-atmo.

http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/

http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/Route/stages.html

ada@prorider.or
02-13-2008, 06:30 PM
It begins on Sunday. Discuss.

Great race
Wrong sponser for cycling.
Well the same as the olympics.
Great event .
Wrong country.

I had a dream...........

AgilisMerlin
02-13-2008, 06:35 PM
Any blood issues, and i gotta a couple fellows who will clean up the mess, yo :banana:

http://www.filmreference.com/images/sjff_03_img1279.jpg

Louis
02-13-2008, 06:36 PM
OK, I'll bite:

Wrong country.

??????????

ada@prorider.or
02-13-2008, 06:38 PM
??????????

i mean olympics in china

AgilisMerlin
02-13-2008, 06:39 PM
wrong country as in China, me thinks>

gonna be a lot of people in the hospital....................with oxygen masks........

right Cees ?

Louis
02-13-2008, 06:40 PM
i mean olympics in china

Oh. Thanks for the clarification.

That's a tough one. Both the political/human rights and the actual environment there are not ideal for a big international event of that type.

Pete Serotta
02-13-2008, 06:42 PM
:) :rolleyes: :D

ada@prorider.or
02-13-2008, 06:45 PM

AgilisMerlin
02-13-2008, 06:45 PM
don't know

but would not be surprised if some athlets get completely frickin' sick while competing........

kind of funny actually......................the best of health and the worst environmental disaster in regards to air quality.........

everyone has to breath, right ?

swoop
02-13-2008, 06:58 PM
if you're local to socal you can't avoid how genuine a presence Amgen has been to the sport and community. I wish more sponsors stepped up like they have....
not only to they support TOC.. they have a great masters team and a huge club.

yes the humor an irony is obvious.... but Amgen wasn't built on doping....

ada@prorider.or
02-13-2008, 07:05 PM
Amgen wasn't built on doping....

meaby the otherway around?

know its since 1993 so..............

AgilisMerlin
02-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Cees,

California
China
EPO Amgen
Olympics

pick one. you are shooting at the stars ?

ada@prorider.or
02-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Well for years there is a saying with the pro´s,a victory cost you a Tousand Oaks:
mmm what should they mean ?
Mister FEDEX?
Its just a mess.

flux
02-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Watch for me on Stage 3. Did I just say that?

swoop
02-13-2008, 07:20 PM
meaby the otherway around?

know its since 1993 so..............

i know... i heard that it was lemond's dad that was looking at it as a therapeutic treatment for greg post shooting illness.... oh irony.

still... if amgen stops supporting the tour of cali.. it's done and from a local perspective.. its been really great for us to have here.

swoop
02-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Watch for me on Stage 3. Did I just say that?.

tyler too atmo.

Viper
02-13-2008, 07:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ng-BZbJXno

:D

May The Force be with you atmo.

ada@prorider.or
02-13-2008, 07:26 PM
i know... i heard that it was lemond's dad that was looking at it as a therapeutic treatment for greg post shooting illness.... oh irony.

Funny you say that since there was research done in netherlands about the shooting and greg where i had close contact with some research people.
And the problem was lead poission by all tiny bullets that he had in his body.

Elefantino
02-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Hooz gonna be where?

I'll be atop or near the top of Trinity on Stage 3.

I'll also be in downtown SR on Monday.

You'll recognize me by the orange Serotta hat that stands 6-5, above many other hats.

ada@prorider.or
02-13-2008, 07:40 PM
California
China
EPO Amgen
Olympics

California great country (only when i am there there always rain as Netherlands).
China great country and people love to be there ,do not like the prison camps
Epo Amgen great for patients with health problems they do a great job at that a heaven for cancer patients
Olympics great event love to be there when it taken place

stevep
02-13-2008, 07:41 PM

atta boy j.

get me something.
keep it interesting.
you can ride the sprinters bus the next day.

stevep
02-13-2008, 07:42 PM

tyler too atmo.

atspo

FATBOY
02-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Absolutely....just promise to take it easy on my boys Swindlehurst and Louder though....

DarrenCT
02-13-2008, 07:47 PM

im meeting swoop at a bar and we are doing a shot of whiskey every time they show u on tv

FATBOY
02-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Sooo Darren, how serious is this riding problem of yours anyway? Do you feel that it gets in the way of your drinking? Could be a problem :beer:

DarrenCT
02-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Sooo Darren, how serious is this riding problem of yours anyway? Do you feel that it gets in the way of your drinking? Could be a problem :beer:

after 10 minutes of spinning, all the beer is gone. (unless i put some in the water bottle)

maunahaole
02-13-2008, 08:01 PM
You should talk to one of your neighbors with a brazing torch and see if you can get cages made that will hold a keg. Granted you may also need some high q cranks for clearance. :beer:

BumbleBeeDave
02-13-2008, 08:08 PM

I'm gonna book mark THIS one! :banana: :banana: :banana:

BBD

Viper
02-13-2008, 08:10 PM
after 10 minutes of spinning, all the beer is gone. (unless i put some in the water bottle)

Steve Mcqueen = hero
Roy Scheider = hero
Evil Knievel = hero
Paris Hilton = herpes
Colonel Steve Austin = hero
Lion-o = hero
Sonny Crockett = hero
Han Solo = hero
DarrenCT = on his way to being a hero

swoop
02-13-2008, 08:55 PM
atspo

pucci-pedia. cali edition!

flux
02-13-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm gonna book mark THIS one! :banana: :banana: :banana:

BBD

Yo. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=o6-Snl4a1RI)

BumbleBeeDave
02-13-2008, 09:32 PM

. . . Make our Forum day!

BBD

jeffg
02-13-2008, 09:43 PM

Cool! So should I look for you busting a move on Mount Hamilton or on Sierra?

I am planning to be at the top of Coleman Valley on Stage 1 and Trinity on Stage 2, but might be persuaded to check out Stage 3 live to see a svelte move on Ham or Sierra ...

Viper
02-13-2008, 09:51 PM

Clint Fluxwood - "Every day for the last ten years, Loretta there has been giving me a large black coffee. Today she gives me a large black coffee, only it's got EPO in it---a lot of EPO. I...just came back to complain. We're not just gonna let you walk outta here."

Bad dude - "Who's we sucka?"

Clint Fluxwood - "SRAM Red, Mr. LeMond...and me"

(all hell breaks loose, women scream, children cry, men faint).

Bad dude - Is all wrecked up and trying to clip-in.

Clint Fluxwood - Holding his water bottle filled with Cytomax tm and ready to crush the bad dude's face, "Go ahead, make my day."

flux
02-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Clint Fluxwood - "Every day for the last ten years, Loretta, there has been giving me a large black coffee. Today she gives me a large black coffee, only it's got EPO in it---a lot of EPO. I...just came back to complain. We're not just gonna let you walk outta here."

Bad dude - "Who's we sucka"

Clint Fluxwood - "My Shimano, LeMond...and me"

(all hell breaks loose, women scream, children cry, men faint).

Correction: It's "My SRAM Red (http://www.sveltecycles.com/servlet/Detail?no=175) , Lemond... and me."

Viper
02-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Correction: It's "My SRAM Red (http://www.sveltecycles.com/servlet/Detail?no=175) , Lemond... and me."

fixed atmo.

sellsworth
02-13-2008, 10:03 PM
Hooz gonna be where?

I'll be atop or near the top of Trinity on Stage 3.

I'll also be in downtown SR on Monday.

You'll recognize me by the orange Serotta hat that stands 6-5, above many other hats.

My 11-year-old son and I will be at the prologue, stage 1, and stage 2. We'll on Trinity also - you must mean stage 2 for Trinity. We'll be riding a Santana tandem. We're camping near Bodega Bay and doing the Coleman Valley climb on Monday. It should be great fun and the weather forecast looks pretty good.

72gmc
02-13-2008, 11:00 PM
good beer = campy
darrenct = goggles that make everything look like campy
flux = mr. october in february (good luck, justin)
evel knievel with a bike with a kickstand = biopace

handsomerob
02-13-2008, 11:13 PM
my prediction...

Fivethumbs
02-13-2008, 11:39 PM
I really like the Tour of California although I don't know how much longer Amgen can be the sponsor. They're hurting financially right now.

flux
02-13-2008, 11:42 PM

swoop
02-13-2008, 11:47 PM
I really like the Tour of California although I don't know how much longer Amgen can be the sponsor. They're hurting financially right now.

well.. as long as they make it to stage 4..... we're all good cuz brotha flux is going to hurt people.

flux
02-13-2008, 11:56 PM
well.. as long as they make it to stage 4..... we're all good cuz brotha flux is going to hurt people.

I just hope KBS/Medifast represents and I fulfill my role in our goal to do so. It might be a stage result, it might be a breakaway, it might be attacking in vain, it might be moving our sprinter at just the right time up or dropping back to help whoever our leader may be if he gets in trouble, it could be getting bottles relentlessly... who knows? That's bike racing and 9 times out of ten these little things go unnoticed by the spectators. The little things are what I am good at though and 10 times out of 10 my boss Jonas Carney notices. That's why I got a new contract and a handsome pay increase even when I was sitting at home with a broken collarbone last summer. I am confident we will have some sort of impact on this race which will undoubtedly be KBS's most important one to date.

swoop
02-14-2008, 12:06 AM
i'm not above pulling dudes off bikes .... willing to set up a fierce waterballoon rig with surgical tubing etc. pretty sure i can knock that squirt levi down.
i'm just sayin.

flux
02-14-2008, 12:08 AM
i'm not above pulling dudes off bikes .... willing to set up a fierce waterballoon rig with surgical tubing etc. pretty sure i can knock that squirt levi down.
i'm just sayin.

If you do that I can arrange for you to ride in the Team Car on Stage 8.

Let me know...

swoop
02-14-2008, 12:26 AM

BumbleBeeDave
02-14-2008, 06:28 AM
I just hope KBS/Medifast represents and I fulfill my role in our goal to do so. It might be a stage result, it might be a breakaway, it might be attacking in vain, it might be moving our sprinter at just the right time up or dropping back to help whoever our leader may be if he gets in trouble, it could be getting bottles relentlessly... who knows? That's bike racing and 9 times out of ten these little things go unnoticed by the spectators. The little things are what I am good at though and 10 times out of 10 my boss Jonas Carney notices. That's why I got a new contract and a handsome pay increase even when I was sitting at home with a broken collarbone last summer. I am confident we will have some sort of impact on this race which will undoubtedly be KBS's most important one to date.

. . . Now just WAIT a gosh darn minute! "Getting bottles relentlessly?" That's not what I had in mind when we were told to "watch you!" Your Forum buddies are not looking for "Flux delivers San Pellegrino." Your forum buddies are looking for . . . F*L*U*X*A*P*A*L*O*O*Z*A*!!!

As Captain Picard would say, "Make it so!" ;)

BBD

DarrenCT
02-14-2008, 06:40 AM
good luck bro!

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/9879/biospinelliha6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Elefantino
02-14-2008, 06:43 AM
Cowbells for you, JS. We'll be cheering you on Trinity.

stevep
02-14-2008, 07:12 AM
flux.
im sitting here at my computer very thirsty.
i send darren downstairs for a beer and all he finds are empties... even though i hear the caps popped.

can you bring me up something?

DarrenCT
02-14-2008, 07:26 AM
flux.
im sitting here at my computer very thirsty.
i send darren downstairs for a beer and all he finds are empties... even though i hear the caps popped.

can you bring me up something?

sp,

im sick of this light beer. go get some dogfish head ipa for us

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/2831/stevebeer2lj7.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Viper
02-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Starts tomorrow. Bring it on, I could use a few hours on the stationary bike with coffee and the tv set on TOC. Please tell me Paul, Phil and Bob are announcing.

Flux (USA) Team Serotta Forum-issimo

Paolo Bettini (ITA) Quick Step
Tom Boonen (BEL) Quick Step
Fabian Cancellara (SUI) Team CSC
Oscar Freire Gomez (ESP)Rabobank
George Hincapie (USA) High Road
Bobby Julich (USA) Team CSC
Levi Leipheimer (USA) Astana
David Millar (GBR) Slipstream Chipotle Presented By H30
Fred Rodriguez (USA) Rock Racing
Rory Sutherland (AUS) Health Net Presented by Maxxis

Feb. 17 - Palo Alto - Stanford University 2PM PST/ 5PM EST