PDA

View Full Version : Writer's Strike over

Pete Serotta
02-12-2008, 09:15 PM
The striking members of the Writers Guild of America voted overwhelmingly late Tuesday to end the three-month walkout that has crippled the entertainment industry. The vote comes shortly after the union said it had reached a tentative deal with the major Hollywood studios and broadcast networks for a new three-year contract. The union said 92.5% of the votes were in favor of ending the strike. Writers are expected to be back at work Wednesday.

SoCal Steve :beer: :beer: :beer: for you....Welcome back to work and unfortunately less time on the bike...

Tell Sherri hi...

Pete

SoCalSteve
02-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Pete and to everyone else as well (you know who you all are),

First off, I want to say that this has been a very anxious time for me as no one really knew when the writers and producers would work it all out. In the 28 years of working on movies and TV shows, this is the first time that I seriously had this feeling...Its not a good feeling!

I just want to say thank you to everyone that wished me well along the way and have again reached out to me with well wishes of going back to work. Thank you, it really means a great deal!

And finally, a big thank you to everyone at Serotta, especially Pete (for being the "Henry Kissinger" of the Forum) and Ben (for funding this wonderful place)...I am so glad that I could check in here everyday that I've been unemployed (truth be told, I check in here when I am employed as well, dont tell my bosses).

If there was an upside (and there always is one) I got to ride a whole bunch, drop at least 10 pounds and build up the CSI (again) and the Y-Foil (again, this time as a fixie).

Again, much appreciation to everyone for helping me get through this.

Steve

PS: And of course Sherry, my wonderful wife of 5 years, who has been ever so supportive (as she gets up every morning and goes off to work).

DarrenCT
02-13-2008, 02:19 AM
glad your back in business steve-o

now its time to start building more bikes ;)

rustychisel
02-13-2008, 02:37 AM
Now, just concentrate on the quality... oh, and don't forget time for riding. :beer:

saab2000
02-13-2008, 06:37 AM
I hope compromise on both sides was reached. Either side getting too much will mean trouble down the road.

stevep
02-13-2008, 06:49 AM
good job steve.
now get back to it.
other s

victoryfactory
02-13-2008, 07:02 AM
Ahhh...
Finally I can unleash the razor sharp commentary and wit which I have
been holding back during the strike in sympathy for the union.

VF