PDA

View Full Version : CSI just wows me...

chakatrain
02-12-2008, 09:04 PM
No...not the TV show :p

Picked up a '96 CSI from DarrenCT in August: 55.x TT, relatively stock. When weather permits, like today, I use it for the 12mi commute to work. For whatever reason, I just get a big smile on my face riding it. The set up is far from perfect (thought I have made a few tweaks: added a Brooks Team Pro honey saddle, honey Brooks bar tape, Nitto Noodle 42mm bar and a silver Chris King HS) with the '96 campy chorus, but for whatever reason, the bike is a joy to ride. It's fast on anything but the big hills (and that's due to me, not the bike), and just wants to MOVE. I accomodate its wishes best I can :p

Funny how bikes have personalities. My Gunnar Crosshairs just always feels sluggish and a bit pouty, like it doesn't really want to move, where the CSI is like a husky that wants, even begs to run full tilt.

There's something wonderful about a bike honestly gives you joy just riding it. Thought I'd share.

DarrenCT
02-12-2008, 09:10 PM
glad your enjoying it. the steel fork is the icing on the cake and that blue is mint

cheers
-d

Keith A
02-13-2008, 09:02 AM
chakatrain -- That pretty much sums up how I feel about my CSi that is of the same vintage. BTW, what's the serial number on yours? I'd be interested to see how closely it was built to mine.