PDA

View Full Version : Light Rain for the Mid Atlantic , a GREAT day to ride fixed

Smiley
08-21-2004, 12:10 PM
Went out today thinking a quick 20 before the rain falls well it turned out to be 40 with rain. Funny how having a fixed gear bike makes the thought of cleaning gears a thing of the past , so ride on I did. Mounted the Brooks Swift that I bought from IXXI and put a bag over it and off I went. Good work out a fixed ride turns out to be. Glad I got fixed and thanks Too Tall , the chain line is sublime :banana: :banana:

William
08-21-2004, 02:18 PM
Smiley,
Your changining my mind, you don't know the effect you're having. :confused: Fixie voodoo pure and simple. I can feel it....must turn the Supercourse 12 into a fixie...must turn the Supercourse 12 into a......................................... :D

Sounds like you had a blast! Just riding in the rain, just riding in the......

William :rolleyes: ;) :D

Smiley
08-21-2004, 02:42 PM
Hoser down and hanger up , that's how simple it is Big Guy . It helped having a fixee with wet rims . It stops better with the use of the legs. Oh by the way my advice is build that Raleigh with wide tires , I've got 28 mm on mine to cushion the feel of the road with my steel frame and fork .

va rider
08-21-2004, 02:50 PM
funny, I bought my Girodana frame off eBay with horizontal drops and was going to build it into a fixee. Instead, I just hung all my old 8 speed parts and ta da, beater.

Of course, I didn't think it was going to rain this morning, so I grabbed the Serotta and rode it 68 miles. Got wet, but, we both will survive.

Maybe in the winter, Giordana = fixee

Climb01742
08-21-2004, 03:26 PM
i'm jealous. a monsoon here in boston. quite a lightening show last night. had to run today. hoping tomorrow the weather co-operates. ride on, boys.