PDA

View Full Version : Google Maps "Street View" . . . Big Brother is watching YOU!

BumbleBeeDave
02-12-2008, 01:53 PM
One of our reporters just tipped me off to Google's turning on their "Street View" feature on Google Maps for a much larger area of the country, including our own Capital Region. Look up the address you want, click on "Street" at the upper right--and as long as you have Flash Player 9 installed you get an extra screen that shows you a street level photographic view of the location! You can zoom in or out or pan around . . . apparently they had a van with a pan camera driving around to all these places. Here's a pic of the Serotta Mother Ship.

It's WILD! But be careful what you search for . . . I've already seen dbrk doing yoga on his deck, Dave Thompson working on his car in his front driveway--in nothing but his Speedo--and Serotta Sandy doing nude calisthenics in his front yard! :eek: :eek: :eek:

BBD

Viper
02-12-2008, 02:00 PM
the world is so tiny now. i thought it was huge when i was a kid. sunkist soda, skateboard, schwinn with 'rat trap' on the rear (to hold my skateboard) and the planet seemed endless. it's tiny now. in fact, e-RICHIE is have 'happy hour' at his shop this friday, north america is invited atmo.

brians647
02-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Holy cow. That's a trip. No wonder obesity is a problem, people don't have to leave their computers any more!

BURCH
02-12-2008, 02:05 PM
I was trying to get driving directions to church for a wedding and I saw that street view option. I clicked on it and I was blown away because I could see exactly what the drive up to the church looked like. I emailed the link to my family who were going so they knew what the church looked like since there were about 20 churches in that area of Pittsburgh.

Then after thinking about it...I thought that it was convenient, neat, and scary at the same time.

brians647
02-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Then after thinking about it, I thought that it was convenient, neat, and scary at the same time.

Yes, it is... yes, it is.

BumbleBeeDave
02-12-2008, 02:09 PM
. . . now that we can actually look to make sure he's working! :beer: :D ;)

BBD

fiamme red
02-12-2008, 02:14 PM
It's WILD! But be careful what you search for . . . I've already seen dbrk doing yoga on his deck, Dave Thompson working on his car in his front driveway--in nothing but his Speedo--and Serotta Sandy doing nude calisthenics in his front yard! :eek: :eek: :eek:

BBDI just saw BBD sitting at his computer, looking at Google Maps "Street View." :confused:

BumbleBeeDave
02-12-2008, 02:18 PM
I just saw BBD sitting at his computer, looking at Google Maps "Street View." :confused:

There's nobody standing behind me and--HEY! What the . . . ?!?! :crap:

BBD

Grant McLean
02-12-2008, 02:35 PM
I don't think the photos are that current.
If it's anything like the rest of google maps,
the photos are 2-4 years old in some places.

-g

BumbleBeeDave
02-12-2008, 02:39 PM
I don't think the photos are that current.
If it's anything like the rest of google maps,
the photos are 2-4 years old in some places.

-g

. . . I'd hate to think Sandy is STILL sitting naked in his front yard.

BBD

sg8357
02-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Too bad, I thought Google had bought that satellite from
the movie "Enemy of the State"

I tried Google mapping OBL, it zoomed right in on his cave, cool.

Grant McLean
02-12-2008, 02:52 PM
. . . I'd hate to think Sandy is STILL sitting naked in his front yard.

BBD

but the good news is that E-Richie was building my frame :banana:

bad news, i'm still on a waiting list... :banana:

-g

davids
02-12-2008, 03:14 PM
I mooned them as they drove by my office.

Grant McLean
02-12-2008, 03:40 PM
I mooned them as they drove by my office.

that's why they moved your office to a higher floor... :banana:

g

onekgguy
02-12-2008, 05:54 PM
The trick is to see if you can spot yourself. I was able to 'find myself' out in our driveway having just finished mowing or getting ready to start. It helps to click on the link just below the photo for a larger view.

Link (http://onekgguy.blogspot.com/2007/12/google-maps-street-view.html)

Kevin g

buffettologie
02-12-2008, 08:45 PM
The trick is to see if you can spot yourself. I was able to 'find myself' out in our driveway having just finished mowing or getting ready to start. It helps to click on the link just below the photo for a larger view.

Link (http://onekgguy.blogspot.com/2007/12/google-maps-street-view.html)

Kevin g

That's pretty creepy.

I used the street view thing yesterday. A cop pulled me over for a BS violation (claims there was a no turn on red sign at the intersection) and I looked it up and sure enough, there it was. Still might fight it b/c it's across 5 lanes of traffic and behind a pole.

keevon
02-12-2008, 09:23 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2007/1760129567_fb63d257b9_o.jpg

That's NOT my bike, that's NOT my wife's car, and I DON'T live in Pittsburgh ;)

Grant McLean
02-12-2008, 09:55 PM
On google maps it's always summer...

they need to add an update to my address this winter...

-g

BumbleBeeDave
02-12-2008, 10:01 PM
. . .to pan down all the way and you can see most of the car carrying the camera. From the appearance of the apparatus on top of it, I think it would be pretty easy to spot.

BBD

rwsaunders
02-12-2008, 10:32 PM
It must have been a Thursday when they shot our 'hood, as my neighbor's trash can was lying in their driveway. Spookville for sure.