PDA

View Full Version : Ordered a Kirk!!!!!

bearrodwell
02-11-2008, 09:42 PM
It's been a really rough six months, so to treat myself I just put a deposit down to have David build me a frame. I'd like a lugged frame w/ a steel fork. I'm so excited I can hardly wait. It'll take more than six months but it'll be worth it. :crap:

Just have to figure out what color to paint it. White, Blue, Orange, Red , Gray, Slate; Any suggestions!

Jack Brunk
02-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Good for you. I ordered a JKS on friday at the show. I'll be waiting right with you.

rounder
02-11-2008, 09:51 PM
I am pretty bad at colors. If it were me...i would let him decide and make it fast and pretty.

Louis
02-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Hey B,

Congrats. What model? (or have you not yet decided?)

For me the color is the hard part. One option is to get a paint chip brochure for whatever brand JB uses as his "baseline" and see if anything strikes your fancy. That's what I did for my Waterford a few years ago and I really fell for one of the PPG combos.

Louis

handsomerob
02-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Good for you. I ordered a JKS on friday at the show. I'll be waiting right with you.

So, I should I set my calendar for an August debut? As usual, I can't wait to see how you "Brunkify" it. It will also be interesting to see what moves out so it can move in.

Jack Brunk
02-11-2008, 10:00 PM
No probably around Christmas. David said his wait is at 11 months. I hope Bearrodwell is correct at 6 months but whatever it is it will be worth it. One of the top three bikes at the show.

DarrenCT
02-11-2008, 10:04 PM
No probably around Christmas. David said his wait is at 11 months. I hope Bearrodwell is correct at 6 months but whatever it is it will be worth it. One of the top three bikes at the show.

what were the other 2?

dirtdigger88
02-11-2008, 10:07 PM
its not a wait- its a time to reflect on paint

Jason

Blue Jays
02-11-2008, 10:18 PM
bearrodwell, congratulations and enjoy! Perhaps you could give general suggestions on colors and let Joe Bell's imagination do the rest?

Jack Brunk
02-11-2008, 10:28 PM
what were the other 2?
For me there were probably 5-6 bikes that I would take home if I could. Richard Sach's fully built road bike was out of this world as a fully built race bike. Unless you were there the pics will not do it justice. Sasha's powder blue track bike was equally as stellar as the Sachs. Mike Desalvo's best of show candidate track bike had 50 plus hours of hand work and the Spectrum powder works paint job was incredible. Townsend frames were top notch also.

Blastinbob
02-11-2008, 10:29 PM

Jason
and how to dress her.

jimcav
02-11-2008, 10:35 PM
It's been a really rough six months, so to treat myself I just put a deposit down to have David build me a frame. I'd like a lugged frame w/ a steel fork. I'm so excited I can hardly wait. It'll take more than six months but it'll be worth it. :crap:

Just have to figure out what color to paint it. White, Blue, Orange, Red , Gray, Slate; Any suggestions!

or orange and white, especailly a creamy opalescent orange

jim

RudAwkning
02-11-2008, 10:51 PM

You could join the club and order a brown one.

DarrenCT can back me up on this one :)

72gmc
02-11-2008, 11:23 PM

Jason

aka change your mind about paint daily

Not to get too touchy feely but--considering things and people that matter to you outside of cycling can be a place to start your paint search. I considered my late grandmother when I was mulling paint, because her generosity made the bike possible. I'm not as manly as Bill Bove* and couldn't do a pink bike, but the non-bike inspiration led me down a number of color paths I might otherwise have missed.

*said with sincere respect

brians647
02-11-2008, 11:23 PM
You could join the club and order a brown one.

DarrenCT can back me up on this one :)

Yeah, that brown is a great color combo - pics don't do it justice.

vaxn8r
02-12-2008, 01:14 AM
For me there were probably 5-6 bikes that I would take home if I could. Richard Sach's fully built road bike was out of this world as a fully built race bike. Unless you were there the pics will not do it justice. Sasha's powder blue track bike was equally as stellar as the Sachs. Mike Desalvo's best of show candidate track bike had 50 plus hours of hand work and the Spectrum powder works paint job was incredible. Townsend frames were top notch also.
I have to agree on all accounts.

The JK Kirk was my favorite.

MarleyMon
02-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Yours will be white, for sure, right? :rolleyes:

Hey - today is the last day to place an order before the price increases.
(argh! I want a Terraplane!)
Maybe I could arrange for it to be at NAHBS in Indy next year! :cool: