PDA

View Full Version : Ti Seatpost

93legendti
08-20-2004, 11:14 PM
Anyone using ti seatposts on their Serottas? I am using the Easton Ec-70 carbon post, but I have been thinking of trying a Moots or Campy ti seatpost.

Smiley
08-21-2004, 01:59 AM
No Ti post anymore for me , just too much $$ ,BUT if I did chose to use Ti I'd buy a Bold Precision post csb and Too Tall have some of his work and their posts are just darn good looking and not very expensive for the $ spent . www.boldprecision.com ( i think is the url ). Best of luck .

Tom Byrnes
08-21-2004, 02:47 AM
93legendti - I have Campy Chorus Ti seatposts on three of my bikes and an American Classic ti seatpost on another. I also have a Serotta ti seatpost that I got from BlastinBob that I want to put on a bike. I found two of the Campy ti posts on eBay.

One of these days, I will get a strong carbon seatpost for my Ottrott ST since that bike has carbon bars, cranks, water bottle cages, etc. However, on most bikes I prefer the look of a metal seatpost, and at 190-195 lbs, I feel safer on them.

The Moots seatpost (and ti stem) looks great.

Enjoy.

Tom

Johny
08-21-2004, 06:33 AM
Totalcycling.com still has 2003 Campy Chorus Ti seatposts.

bulliedawg
08-21-2004, 07:08 AM
I have a Dean titanium post on my CSi. I've had the post for about ten years, and transferred it to each replacement frame over that time. It works brilliantly. No fuss, no muss.

I've never understood "seatpost problems." People sometimes come onto this forum and talk about how their seatpost is slipping. If a seatpost slips, then it has to be horribly designed, IMHO. I would think that the least very one can expect of a his seatpost is that it stay put!

Larry
08-21-2004, 07:27 AM
I use the Serotta Ti seatpost...... about 4 years now.
The servicemen at the LBS have said that is a somewhat unique design, and I still have not figured out exactly how it assembles correctly.
It works great and looks very sharp.
I would like to get a really nice titanium quill stem to match.Lightweight!!
The old Serotta quill titanium was very nice, but the quill is not nearly long enough to get the bars really up there. I currently use a heavy!! Giant EXT Pro adjustable.

Does anyone have suggestions on a custom builder who will make a really nice titanium quill stem? I know about steel stem builders, but how about in titanium?? It has been a difficult issue to solve satisfactorily.

Larry

csb
08-21-2004, 01:08 PM
as smiley stated i do have a BOLD seatpost, its really sharp,
super cool. google for his site_albert bold or go over to
Spectrum-Cycles and tom has a link for alberts site.
almost 2 yrs now and it has never been a problem, i have
a fairly compact frame so the pin is long, with good set-back
so it probably has some shock absorbing qualities too.
i also have a set of his skewers + they too have been
very satisfying to own.
albert lives pretty close to spectrum, and along with being a machinist
races bicycles and motobikes, the later probably how he and tom connected.

almost forgot, my bike is ti also so i use a little bit of ti prep below
the binder in the seat tube, works well.

Smiley
08-21-2004, 02:13 PM
For those curious , csb has a seat post and NO seat tube that's how freaking compac his super bike is . Thats more like a mast than a seat post with csb's butt hung out on the end . Its lovely though , the post not the butt :banana:

csb
08-21-2004, 02:38 PM
watch it, you dont want me sending my man keno
down there to lay down some smack on ya

i'll have him head down in a couple of days, giving that
winners jersey (manmade fibers sorry dbrk) time to slake up
nicely, he was gonna see how long he could wear it for.
he'll be all yours then.

victork
08-23-2004, 09:47 AM
I swapped my carbon post our for a Ti one and am very happy. Make sure you buy some FINISH LINE Ti-Prep so your post doesn't sieze up.

Elefantino
08-23-2004, 11:11 AM
Swapped it out for a Thomson when I saw what Deans were going for on eBay. I don't notice a difference.

Speaking of Campy vs. Shimano, I've also had both Record and Dura-Ace posts, too (currently have a DA on my De Bernardi) and can't tell the difference, either. Both good.