PDA

View Full Version : read steve hampsten's blog.

swoop
02-11-2008, 03:39 PM
its good for you.
a real genuine guy!

http://www.hampsten.blogspot.com/

Pete Serotta
02-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Steve is a wonderful person..... I look forward to seeing him in MARCH.

PETE

fixednwinter
02-11-2008, 05:24 PM
its good for you.
a real genuine guy!

http://www.hampsten.blogspot.com/

Hey swoop;

Totally agree - it was more the blog than the website (altho' it's a cool site too) than convinced me to go custom with Steve at HampCo. Best decision I ever made in my bike-buying history.

And y'know, just as I was convincing myself, OK, gotta slow down on the Hampsten frames (Strada Bianca arrived in Dec., Tournesol coming in April, maybe a Cinghiale Pro for end of this year) Steve posts that tidbit about Landshark...

Argh! I've got a mortgage to pay!!! :crap:

brians647
02-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Hey swoop;

Totally agree - it was more the blog than the website (altho' it's a cool site too) than convinced me to go custom with Steve at HampCo. Best decision I ever made in my bike-buying history.

And y'know, just as I was convincing myself, OK, gotta slow down on the Hampsten frames (Strada Bianca arrived in Dec., Tournesol coming in April, maybe a Cinghiale Pro for end of this year) Steve posts that tidbit about Landshark...

Argh! I've got a mortgage to pay!!! :crap:

Don't worry about the mortgage, the government will save you! Besides, the wait for a custom frame with some builders is longer than the fixed portion of many adjustable mortgages. Keep priorities in line! :beer:

Blue Jays
02-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Steve Hampsten is a great guy, brimming with sensible bike advice, and possessing a fantastic sense of humor! :beer:

Tom Byrnes
02-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Steve is a wonderful person..... I look forward to seeing him in MARCH.

PETE

Ditto.

Tom

Blue Jays
02-11-2008, 08:42 PM
You traveling to California for those training camps? Darn it, I'm jealous. They sound like some pristine riding areas!

rounder
02-11-2008, 09:02 PM
That was good . Thanks Swoop.

roman meal
02-11-2008, 09:06 PM
and a class act. I'm glad there are people like him that persist in the business. He's also able to use words like tumescence, and fecund whilst still sounding cool. And the wide green vittoria paves go a long way, too.

shanerpvt
02-11-2008, 09:38 PM
"Rapha’s new Andy, Italian, and Belgium jerseys are too, too perfect. Lose the weight, keep it off, and pay whatever price Rapha is asking. Few things in life will be this perfect. "

I'm going to need a 3rd mortgage on my home for sure. On the bright side, I'll save $$$ not eating.

:beer:

shaner

MalleyNogo
02-12-2008, 05:25 AM
...now I want a Hampsten designed, Slawta brazed "all day sucker" road bike AND a Hampsten designed, Indy Fabbed "factory lightweight/SSR" race bike.

Looks like it's back to robbing banks for me...