Tricone
08-20-2004, 02:03 PM
For Sale:

Bike Pro USA case. Used on two occasions since purchased, then stored in
garage. Steel internal frame, impact resistant sides and wheel casters for
easy transportation. $250 obo.

Bruce K
08-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Could you tell what model this is and what size range of bikes it holds?

Also where are you located (to try and figure out shipping costs).

Thanks,

BK

Tricone
08-20-2004, 08:44 PM
This is the standard size Race Case. Please visit this link for more information on sizing:

https://www.bikeprousa.com/race_case.php?UID=2004082018415363.206.192.72

Regarding shipping information, I am located in the Bay Area, CA, and my zip code is 94022.

saab2000
08-22-2004, 03:24 PM
Mr. Tricone,

I have a few questions.

1. When you travelled with this case were there any problems with the TSA? I assume that they inspected the contents. Did they get it all packed back up again correctly?

2. I have heard that these cases can hold 2 wheelsets. Is that true?

3. Why are you selling?

4. Is it yet sold?

5. How much do you pay when travelling with it?

I am interested in this case. I have a bike with S&S Couplers, but it all fits so precisely into its case that I am worried about the TSA botching up the re-packing which will be needed after inspection. Thus I do not use it as a travel bike much.

Thanks for your answers.

Birddog
08-22-2004, 04:26 PM
Saab,
I can answer a few of your questions.
Two of us recently made a European trip and used a BikePro double case.If the TSA inspected the case, they did just fine re-packing. Really its pretty clear cut, they only have to check the wheelbags and the misc. bag, everything is right in front of them. The bag unzips around the perimeter of 3 sides. On the trip over, we had our pedals and helmets packed in seperate bags just in case the bikes didn't make it, that left ample room. On the return flight, we stuffed the bag with all the extras, TSA still had no problem.

We were charged $110 by Delta each way for "oversize baggage", my understanding is that some airlines don't do this.

I was very impressed with the way the case worked for us, I'd definitely recommend.

Birddog