PDA

View Full Version : NAHBS - Vanilla teaser

lavi
02-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Beer bikes unite cuz that's what was mostly prevelant at the show. Which is good because I like beer and SSing.

Here's a blog I slammed together HERE (http://lavij.blogspot.com/2008/02/2008-nahbs.html) . Click the pictures for the larger size.

:beer:

swoop
02-10-2008, 07:30 PM
yay!

justinf
02-10-2008, 07:34 PM
killer, thanks.

a lot to chew on there for sure.

Fixed
02-10-2008, 08:29 PM
i love this imho
cheers
http://bp0.blogger.com/_rdeakqWN2pI/R6-RUydMEDI/AAAAAAAAAGQ/qUbH2kCgZO0/s1600-h/pics+042.jpg

lavi
02-11-2008, 12:09 AM
Yeah for sure the rigid 29ers were out in force!

shinomaster
02-11-2008, 12:43 AM
http://velonews.com/article/71872
This bike makes me cry. :confused:

julia
02-11-2008, 12:51 AM
sweet

thanks for the glimpse of the show

that snowbike is bad***!

Mike748
02-11-2008, 09:58 AM
So that's where all the Brooks saddles are going!

shinomaster
02-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Swoop....this is the best shot I could get.

IXXI
02-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Love those 'fresh paint' tire tracks.... gawd. Details detail details. Once again Sacha raises the bar.

PS I noticed this in my pics too-- that the flash seemed to make this bike go much more blue; in real life it tended more toward celeste, or somewhere between the two.

IXXI
02-11-2008, 01:51 PM
I didn't catch the buttons at the show! LOL. Love it.

http://bikeportland.org/2008/02/09/snapshots-from-the-show-floor/

Scroll down.

swoop
02-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Swoop....this is the best shot I could get.

perfect. thank you. man... i'm looking forward to getting on one. picking a few races to suit it (the kind where the course makes a selection), and making a coffin out of it.

and then doing endless rides up the coast.

i keep waiting for an email from the good sacha telling me he changed his mind and i don't ge to have one... its like that horrible not graduating from school dream.

its the thing that motivated though the hunger pangs the last few months.

IXXI
02-11-2008, 01:55 PM
swoop-- a few more grabs of it here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_a/sets/72157603886154452/

you should know that there were a lot of people getting all handsy w your rig. with good reason.

shinomaster
02-11-2008, 01:55 PM
perfect. thank you. man... i'm looking forward to getting on one. picking a few races to suit it (the kind where the course makes a selection), and making a coffin out of it.

and then doing endless rides up the coast.

i keep waiting for an email from the good sacha telling me he changed his mind and i don't ge to have one... its like that horrible not graduating from school dream.

its the thing that motivated though the hunger pangs the last few months.

It really was for me one of the two or three hottest bikes in the show. Not in in a BS show kinda way, but in a real rocking race bike way. It looks so much better in person too. That color is the bomb.

swoop
02-11-2008, 01:57 PM
swoop-- a few more grabs of it here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_a/sets/72157603886154452/

you should know that there were a lot of people getting all handsy w your rig. with good reason.

thanks for the link. no.. not mine! mine doesn't exist yet! i believe those are protos and test pigs... for when the production run gets goin'.

shinomaster
02-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Stemvagen

dead flag blues
02-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Swoop, you're in line for one? I'm really on the fence with pulling the trigger on one.

Simon Q
02-12-2008, 12:01 AM
I am envious Swoop. I really dig those Speedvagens. I want one.

Just to make us more envious can you run through your spec again?

swoop
02-12-2008, 12:31 AM
Swoop, you're in line for one? I'm really on the fence with pulling the trigger on one.

i'm willing to imagine that window will close very soon... so i sure as heck wouldn't hesitate if the hankering and the resources are there for you.
but i think if you get it ... you have to race it... just as part of the social contract.

do it do it do it.

big shanty
02-12-2008, 12:56 AM
Aw yeah

DarrenCT
02-12-2008, 02:39 AM
Aw yeah

what kind of beer is down near the bottom of the picture?

sincerly,

-beer police

big shanty
02-12-2008, 10:48 AM
It's all liquor

Acotts
02-12-2008, 11:18 AM
It's all liquor

Whats goin' on on the seatpost of the Speedvagen roadbike? It has some sort of nub near the top.

jimmy
02-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi all i'm new to this group, but was at the show and saw the speedvagen road in person.It looked killer in the light blue colour.Best of all i did have my order in aprox. three weeks before and was able the secure on of the few full custom spots.Sacha had told those are all gone and only a couple of semicustom left.But fifeteen units is not a lot.Any how can't wait, just planning my build.

swoop
02-12-2008, 12:59 PM
I am envious Swoop. I really dig those Speedvagens. I want one.

Just to make us more envious can you run through your spec again?

spec? i'm going custom.
i've got a set of new reynolds dv32c's in a bag waiting.
a nice rotor stem...
time pedals
some fsa bars... the regular bend 08 kforce (like the compacts but not compact).
deciding on saddle.. i've actually enjoyed the k1 on my crit bike... but might go a little softer.
as far as geo... i'll show sacha what i like as a starting/reference point (i was lucky enough to have harm work up a geo for me last year and i trust it as a reference point) and then i'll get out of the way and will enjoy seeing him do his thing. its his bike.. i'm just riding it.
i'll prolly ask to drop the top tube a cm so i can suck under the nose of the saddle for tucking on the descents... i like bikes that feel small and nervous. i know enough to just let him do his thing... and prolly wont even say anything out of respect.
campy bits/king headset. trying to think about what cages will look best that don't launch bottles.

something like that.

big shanty
02-12-2008, 02:10 PM
spec? i'm going custom.
i've got a set of new reynolds dv32c's in a bag waiting.
a nice rotor stem...
time pedals
some fsa bars... the regular bend 08 kforce (like the compacts but not compact).
deciding on saddle.. i've actually enjoyed the k1 on my crit bike... but might go a little softer.
as far as geo... i'll show sacha what i like as a starting/reference point (i was lucky enough to have harm work up a geo for me last year and i trust it as a reference point) and then i'll get out of the way and will enjoy seeing him do his thing. its his bike.. i'm just riding it.
i'll prolly ask to drop the top tube a cm so i can suck under the nose of the saddle for tucking on the descents... i like bikes that feel small and nervous. i know enough to just let him do his thing... and prolly wont even say anything out of respect.
campy bits/king headset. trying to think about what cages will look best that don't launch bottles.

something like that.

Smart, and lucky, bastard.

lavi
02-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Jimmy,

How did you get on the list?

I was trying to get on the non-custom/stock list. I emailed the man himself, but I'm sure he's busy.