PDA

View Full Version : Super OT: Downloading photos from a Motorola Razor Cellphone...

Kevan
02-09-2008, 03:01 PM
collectively, this nutty band here can answer any question in the universe. So here's anudder:

It just so happens the Razor has the exact same connector as my Canon G9 hook up to the PC. On a lark, I took some pictures with the cellphone and went to hook up the phone to the cable, on into the PC. It seems I might be missing a driver 'r somethin'. I got no signal. The engine tried to turnover, but failed. So I check out the Motorola website and they wanna charge me 35 bucks to fulfill my lark.

Tell me it ain't so. Tell me there's a pirated version I can steal faster than a NYC bike thief can saw through a chain. Please!

Ray
02-09-2008, 06:50 PM
collectively, this nutty band here can answer any question in the universe. So here's anudder:

It just so happens the Razor has the exact same connector as my Canon G9 hook up to the PC. On a lark, I took some pictures with the cellphone and went to hook up the phone to the cable, on into the PC. It seems I might be missing a driver 'r somethin'. I got no signal. The engine tried to turnover, but failed. So I check out the Motorola website and they wanna charge me 35 bucks to fulfill my lark.

Tell me it ain't so. Tell me there's a pirated version I can steal faster than a NYC bike thief can saw through a chain. Please!
I had a T-Mobile Razr for a while and I bought the Motorola software. More for creating my own music ringtones than photos. But I know that Verizon used a different version of the phone that supposedly did not work with Motorola's software and they charged you to send the photos to a web album, from where you could copy them I guess.

So I think it depends on the version of the phone, for one. I'm not aware of any free software that allows you to do what Motorola's does. Doesn't mean there isn't any - but I never found it.

-Ray

maunahaole
02-09-2008, 07:55 PM
I think you need Motorola Phone tools. Look for a free download somewhere, if not, I may be able to help you out. Also - look at www.modmymoto.com - if it is still up and running - lots of info there to do lots of stuff with motorola phones.

KeithS
02-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Nothing is free. I suckered on the Motorola software. I used it to download my phonebook from my computer desktop. It worked ok, until it reminded me a couple of weeks later that I should go update the software. I did and it wouldn't load, I couldn't reload it from the website and customer service is the name of a department not a job function. I now have 35 bucks worth of corrupt software that the manufacturer won't help me fix. I did the adult thing. I bought a blackberry. That'll show em. No camera on my new phone, but then again no phone in may camera either.

The "charge for the download" scam seems to be the carriers response to the impression that someone is getting something for free. We need to sell more minutes! or storage or ringtones or photos or web browsing. I have Sprint as my carrier and they did he same thing Ray reports.

I found my Razr to be unreliable, really bad power consumption, poor volume...