PDA

View Full Version : And to think I felt bad about not making it to Portland

brians647
02-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Stumbled across this and thought I'd share, for those who can't go the the hand built show like myself.

http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2008/02/schlock-therapy-nampbs-preview.html

See, we get the last laugh! (errr.. a laugh akin to that mental breakdown Tom Hanks does looking into the hole in his floor in the movie Money Pit)

Grant McLean
02-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Those of us not going to the show will be feeling like characters in the "left behind" (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/08/Left_Behind_DVD_cover.jpg) series.

We will be standing by,
with our internet browsers loaded to Flickr.com waiting for photos to load...

:)

-g

stevep
02-07-2008, 03:19 PM
funny
the crappy bike convention held next door...
good effort.

swoop
02-07-2008, 03:20 PM
it's funny.. i've got a place to stay. and i'm sitting here looking at nonstop two hour flights and yet.. i'm not clicking.

i swore after last years interbike. no more bikeshows. i mean.. the cost is like 1/3 a gruppo and i've got to go up there in spring to hash out the vagen, and i've got a wedding in mexico, and a fred ride in utah....

grrrrrrrrrr.

if i buy the tickets it will be anger. i blame effing china.

so, i'm skipping. its gonna be a zoo... and bikes. and hot bike girls. and kilts.

jmewkill
02-07-2008, 03:29 PM
it's funny.. i've got a place to stay. and i'm sitting here looking at nonstop two hour flights and yet.. i'm not clicking.

i swore after last years interbike. no more bikeshows. i mean.. the cost is like 1/3 a gruppo and i've got to go up there in spring to hash out the vagen, and i've got a wedding in mexico, and a fred ride in utah....

grrrrrrrrrr.

so, i'm skipping. its gonna be a zoo... and bikes. and hot bike girls. and kilts.

I don't care much for interbike but will go just to see. nahmbs is pretty cool and way more accessible. it may be a zoo but still nothing like the crowds around the free beer taps in the mtb section.

Steelhead
02-07-2008, 04:13 PM

grrrrrrrrrr.

That "Fred ride in Utah"... Is that with David from The Fredcast in Park City?

brians647
02-07-2008, 04:24 PM

grrrrrrrrrr.

Agreed. Who wants all that? :rolleyes: :crap:

Steelhead
02-07-2008, 04:28 PM
As the fillet-brazed hype machine that is the North American Handmade Bicycle Show nudges its self-consciously retro bar-end shifter into high gear, another bike show prepares to open its doors as well

Love him or hate him - the guy is funny.

FATBOY
02-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Which Fred ride in UT.?

swoop
02-07-2008, 06:59 PM
i'll be in full effect and exploring the fred within in the most shameless way.. at the moab skinny tire festival.

if you're there be sure to stick a pump in my spokes and say hi. i'm lookin' forward to it.

FATBOY
02-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Why do we call'em Freds'? Some of em' haul ***....

DarrenCT
02-07-2008, 10:31 PM
brian

that is swoopah funny (tm)

Too Tall
02-08-2008, 06:42 AM
Stumbled across this and thought I'd share, for those who can't go the the hand built show like myself.

http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2008/02/schlock-therapy-nampbs-preview.html

See, we get the last laugh! (errr.. a laugh akin to that mental breakdown Tom Hanks does looking into the hole in his floor in the movie Money Pit)
"So be sure to check out the NAMPBS, where the only thing looser than the schedules are the manufacturing tolerances. It’s the show that actually represents what most of us ride. "

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr. In real life does this guy write for Family Guy?

sspielman
02-08-2008, 07:00 AM
"So be sure to check out the NAMPBS, where the only thing looser than the schedules are the manufacturing tolerances. It’s the show that actually represents what most of us ride. "

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr. In real life does this guy write for Family Guy?

He has smacked so many things that desperately needed smacking.....It is therapeutic to read it...it has probably saved him from serving jail time to write it....