PDA

View Full Version : The blizzard has ended and the Legend is sitting in front of me!

FMS_rider
02-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Here is a point and click from the bike shop. Colin O'Brien, my fitter and all around bike guru, who owns Cronometro and used to own the American hour record, is holding it.

I am pretty much speechless at this point --the welds, paint, CNC details --absolutely stunning. I will post much higher quality images of the completed project in the Serottas Image Gallery in the not-too-distant future.

Thanks to all who gave me advice on the selection of components. For those who commented on Ritchey stems, you might be able to see (despite the poor image quality) that I ended up with the WCS carbon. Once I learned that it has an aluminum core (and Colin assured me that it is safe) the decision was easy. As several of you commented, the chrome face plate on the current WCS aluminum models is a bit over the top to some eyes. To my eye it clashed with the Serotta emblem. For those who commented on wheels --they are not done yet --but a few obscure hints: DT Swiss, 240, black RR1.1, and black CX-Ray.

And to those who responded to my post yesterday afternoon regarding the blizzard, the Legend, and God, thanks for making me laugh, and for the assurrances that the order of the Universe had not been turned upside down for my benefit --I never would have believed it yesterday, but you guys were right.

Lew

Edit: Photoshop simulations of the finished bike made before it was ordered, one in my back yard --the actual color is much closer to the simulations than in the the low res bike shop image.

keevon
02-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Love the Photoshop simulation. Especially with the nature background. And I must say, I'm glad you went with the Axis 44 over the regular Axis or the Zero ;)

ti_boi
02-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Wow................Love the Ti naked bottom......

Viper
02-07-2008, 04:44 PM
God Bless America atmo. :beer:

girlie
02-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Good to be back in the grace of God.

Ken Robb
02-07-2008, 06:46 PM
oh Dave---LOOK--it might be just our size and it has a triple already too.

Let us know when you get bored with it FMS.

davids
02-08-2008, 09:17 AM
1/2 paint, 1/2 Ti - Can't be bad!

I think the theological arguments have been settled. Congrats!

Sandy
02-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Good to be back in the grace of God.

He always was and always will be. A man of quality, integrity, and sensitivity for sure!

Sandy

Sandy
02-08-2008, 09:34 AM
FMS_rider,

Your Legend is beautiful. Excellent balance in all respects. The 1/2 paint and 1/2 ti (if that iw what it is called, and the non-painted ST stays and F3 fork work wonerfully together. Blue is my favorite colr. Your choice of blue is outstanding- Sapphire? Just a really well done bike in all ways. Zillions of super enjoyable and safe miles on it. We will share some of those miles, even if a small portion of them.

I know that I owe you an email. I have been very tired recently and even napped twice yesterday- Once with King on the sofa and once in my own bed. Woke up exhausted, but had to take King out again.

Sandy

DarrenCT
02-08-2008, 09:35 AM
1/2 paint, 1/2 Ti - Can't be bad!

I think the theological arguments have been settled. Congrats!

my thoughts exactly

FMS_rider
02-12-2008, 07:28 AM
Thanks to all for your comments, compliments, and humor.

I don't think I need to explain why it has taken me several days to respond! (hint: I am doing the build myself).

Lew

PBWrench
02-12-2008, 07:36 AM
Beautifully done. Might clash, however, with Badger regalia. Enjoy!

Ahneida Ride
02-12-2008, 07:51 AM
That's the color I wanted !

1/2 paint 1/2 Ti Legends rule ...

Really nice ....

FMS_rider
02-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Beautifully done. Might clash, however, with Badger regalia. Enjoy!Just yesterday I was inspecting one of those (at REI in Madison) and lamenting the fact that I will never be able to buy one as long as the Legend is my primary bike.

Maybe I will start a petition to change the school colors.

Lew

FMS_rider
02-12-2008, 10:26 AM
That's the color I wanted !

1/2 paint 1/2 Ti Legends rule ...

Really nice ....Thanks, especially since from what I recall of the bike images you have posted it is not your style. I hope your opinion remains the same when I post the pictures of the completed project --it may be a week or so becaue my lbs is waiting for wheel parts --I changed my mind at the 11th hour so it is not their fault.
Lew