PDA

View Full Version : Boston: loctite and a campy bb tool?

Alexi
02-06-2008, 12:28 PM
I have a friend in Boston whose bike I built bb ( miche italian/track) is slipping. Anyone want to help her recenter her bb?

Bruce K
02-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Calling Packzi....

BK

paczki
02-06-2008, 04:48 PM
I don't have any BB tools! I use Broadway Bicycle School and she should too. They'll help her do it herself, she'll have access to professional tools and they'll charge her next to nothing. It's also the most women friendly bike shop ever (it's mostly run by women). I love that place, one of the best things about living in Cambridge. I'll meet her there if she wants and help her.

In fact I just put Locktite on my bottom bracket there on Monday night (really). On the way there I was hit by a brakeless fixed gear rider who decided to try to snake by me on the right :confused: while I was turning (I signaled and everything) and nearly broke my wrist. He yelled "Whoa!" and just rode off. But that's another story. :banana:

Hi Bruce! I'm looking forward to the next clam ride! :)

Bruce K
02-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Oh, there's DEFINITELY going to be one.

Hardlyrob, 93degrees, old school, and I just have to figure out when OS is going to take a day off and join the fun.

BK

39cross
02-07-2008, 08:13 AM
On the way there I was hit by a brakeless fixed gear rider who decided to try to snake by me on the right while I was turning (I signaled and everything) and nearly broke my wrist. He yelled "Whoa!" and just rode off.Next time you won't forget to use your Ben-Hur Roman chariot style wheel spinners. Or carry a messenger bag full of pink-frosted paczki's you can launch.

roman meal
02-07-2008, 08:16 AM
Could I clam it too?

znfdl
02-07-2008, 08:24 AM

Hardlyrob, 93degrees, old school, and I just have to figure out when OS is going to take a day off and join the fun.

BK

Will I be invited back? :confused:

Bruce K
02-07-2008, 01:53 PM
RM, the more, the merrier.

Absolutely znf....

I'm hoping this ride will grow.

We just need to pick a date.

Hub on Wheels is 9/21 but that seems a long time to wait for clams.

On the other hand, most of the tourists have departed by then.

BK

Alexi
02-07-2008, 01:55 PM
thanks guys she got it fixed at Cambridge Bikes.

39cross
02-07-2008, 02:43 PM

BK
I hope Bruce is getting his 3's and 9's mixed up. We'll just kidnap OS. Roman Meal - you bring the ketchup this time.

Bruce K
02-07-2008, 02:47 PM
BRAINCRAMP !!!!!!! :crap: :crap: :crap:

Of course I meant 39cross, Rick, but that doesn't mean that 93degrees can't drive in from Amherst.

BK