PDA

View Full Version : Colnago C-50 Bottom Bracket Threading

Keith A
02-05-2008, 03:42 PM
This seems like such a simple question, but I can't find the answer. What is the bottom bracket threading on the Colnago C-50? English or Italian.

Now that my sinus surgery is over, I'm anxious to start putting my C-50 together, but needed to make sure I had the correct BB.

1centaur
02-05-2008, 03:50 PM
That's funny. CC says the Extreme C has Italian, my old Nag has Italian, and every Nag I have ever heard of says Italian, but I don't see in my quick search the definitive answer for 2008 C-50s. I'd bet on Italian, however.

Keith A
02-05-2008, 04:15 PM
I did a bunch of looking before I posted this question...including on Colnago's website. I too am assuming that it is Italian, but I wanted to make sure.

Nil Else
02-05-2008, 04:15 PM
This seems like such a simple question, but I can't find the answer. What is the bottom bracket threading on the Colnago C-50? English or Italian.

Now that my sinus surgery is over, I'm anxious to start putting my C-50 together, but needed to make sure I had the correct BB.

I can't fathom the quintessential Italian bike havin an English BB. I have 4 nags including a C50 and a thought of an English BB never occurred to me. I think that's perhaps why you can't find the answer.

bzbvh5
02-05-2008, 04:19 PM
If it is 36 mm it is Italian. If it is less than 35 mm it is English.

I copied this from: http://www.velonews.com/article/11164

English thread is smaller: 1.37” X 24tpi (1.37-inch,or 34.8mm diameter, 24 threads per inch), but English bottom bracket shellwidth is also 68mm.Italian thread is 36mm X 24tpi (36mm diameter, 24 threads per inch).

Keith A
02-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Just found the answer on RBR Forums...it's Italian. Sorry about wasting the space here, I should have checked better :eek:

Keith A
02-05-2008, 04:21 PM
I can't fathom the quintessential Italian bike havin an English BB. I have 4 nags including a C50 and a thought of an English BB never occurred to me. I think that's perhaps why you can't find the answer.Actually, I did learn (quoted from a RBR thread) that.."all Colnagos except for the Taiwan made frames/bikes use Italian. I have an Arte that is English, and the CLX and the Primavera are also English."

C50
02-05-2008, 04:23 PM
The C50 along with the Extreme Power and Extreme C all use an Italian BB. Those are made in Italy, the bikes from Asia like the CLX use an English BB. Have fun building and riding your C50, mine brings a smile to my face every time I ride it!

Nil Else
02-05-2008, 06:29 PM
The C50 along with the Extreme Power and Extreme C all use an Italian BB. Those are made in Italy, the bikes from Asia like the CLX use an English BB. Have fun building and riding your C50, mine brings a smile to my face every time I ride it!

Oh yeah.. them Taiwanese Colnagos... I suppose the quintessential Italian bikes are not so quintessentially Italian any more. Even being made in Asia what's the necessity of creating confusion? Is there some kinda int'l rule of standards or something?