PDA

View Full Version : Viper inspired Star Wars themed self portrait

cpg
02-04-2008, 03:48 PM
kinda.

Blue Jays
02-04-2008, 03:53 PM
An additional subforum is needed for very off-topic items. :D
Let's see the rest of the paintspray operations booth!

stevep
02-04-2008, 03:53 PM
that how you get the ear wax out?

should work i guess.

gt6267a
02-04-2008, 03:55 PM
dude is about to paint a bicycle. what could be more on topic?

goonster
02-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Curt,

Is that you, or are you subjecting Norm "Son of a" Gunderson to unspeakable horrors in your paint booth?

http://www.alixnorth.com/files/images/MargeAndNorm.jpg

Blue Jays
02-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Does this mean that Curt's paintwork is now taking place onsite? I read somewhere that was a possibility in the coming months. Sweet!

jmewkill
02-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Is that a weave?

cpg
02-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Yes, that's me. The booth is kicking my arse today. Just can't get the air flow right. Too much static pressure. Glad the gun only holds paint.

Curt

Blue Jays
02-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Which kinda' bike are you painting today? A new Road bike? All-Arounder? Randonneuse? City bike? Specialty bike? Inquiring minds gotta' know these cool things!

Viper
02-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Yes, that's me. The booth is kicking my arse today. Just can't get the air flow right. Too much static pressure. Glad the gun only holds paint.

Curt

Curt,

Hmm? Static pressure? Hmm. And well you should not worry. For your ally is the Force and a powerful ally it is. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. You must feel the Force around you: here. Between you, me, the tree, the rock, the compressor, the gun, the hose, the frame, everywhere, yes. Concentrate.

The Force is real, it is a transfer of heat, energy atmo. Just today I admitted to a fellow forum member that I'd need a lightsaber to battle Darth Maul. I admit it, I'd need a lighsaber to begin the defense of myself. In the end all Jedi battles end not with lightsabers, tools, guns, compressors, but with the mind, battles of controlling energy...The Force. Darth Maul had two lightsabers and why? Nobody ever asks why. I know why. I know that Darth Maul's weakness was his inability to control The Force. He made up for this with tools, dual-lightsabers. Once Obi-Wan broke Maul's dual-blade, I knew the outcome. The mind controls The Force and in the end, Obi Wan's mental focus, use of The Force overcame the sheer violence of Darth Maul and his dual-blade. The test against Darth Maul was to get there, to get to the place and point where Maul's dual-blade was destroyed; to allow his violence to be his undoing and then defeat him with your mind.

I believe that in nature, we see an area of weakness in an animal, living object is often protected; Mother Nature provides defense. To that end, I believed the moment when Maul showed his horns upon his skull, that his brain was indeed...a weakness. Clearly those horns exist to protect a fragile skull, a vulnerable brain. The first time I saw those horns I felt a few blows to the head with my foot, knee or butt end of my saber and Maul would be destroyed.

In terms of color, Maul was red, his eyes were red and his blades were too. The first time we meet Maul in battle is on the desert sands of Tattoine. Clearly Maul is hot, an animal that exudes heat, red. He grew stronger as the battle with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan moved towards the facility's power station; the laser walls drained Qui-Gon while Maul grew stronger. Maul lured the two Jedi's closer to the heat source of the city. Me? I would have moved away from red, heat, taken the battle with Maul to blue or...white, a cooler place...where his energy could not shine.

I felt that Qui-Gon should have known his own Force was diminishing and he should have stalled, waited for assistance from his friend, Obi-Wan. Instead he ignored his feelings, denied his diminishing Force and lost the battle. The Force is focused in our brains and leaves in our hands...looking at the video below at 4:06 you will see how Maul used The Force, which flowed from his left hand, nearly killing Obi-Wan: this is how a battle is won or lost atmo.

I went to the opening midnight show of Star Wars Episode I in East Hampton, New York way back when and at 3:07 into the video below I wanted to be there, against Maul. Qui-Gon, I wish I was there for you bro, I'd never allow it to go down like that atmo; my blade would have remained at my side, I'd have defeated Maul with my mind aka The Force.

Let this be your guide for the problem you encounter today and forever. Bend, move away, breathe, focus and defeat the problem always with a clear mind. And if you ever face Maul and need a hand, give me a call, I'll be your wingman, any time. I fear sharks when I surf, planes when I fly and nothing else.

Take a few moments of your day, watch...and learn atmo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPLXwrj7i7Q

Regards,
Viper

musgravecycles
02-04-2008, 07:15 PM

Curt

Curt,

Did you put a in-line regulator on the bottom of your gun? I recommend that you bite the bullet and throw a mini inline reg on each gun. It will make your life much easier...

stevep
02-04-2008, 07:29 PM
im not known as a painter but , as empty as yr head might be,
i bet the flow wont be that great through one ear and out the other.

cpg
02-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Curt,

Did you put a in-line regulator on the bottom of your gun? I recommend that you bite the bullet and throw a mini inline reg on each gun. It will make your life much easier...

Thanks for the tip. Yes, I do have a line regulator on the gun but air flow issue has to do with the static pressure in the exhaust stack. Getting some leaks in the duct work and subsequently not exhausting fumes as well as needed. Sucks err... stinks!

Curt

musgravecycles
02-04-2008, 08:35 PM
gotcha

edit: Curt already knows what I said...

BBB
02-04-2008, 08:55 PM
The Force is real, it is a transfer of heat, energy atmo. Just today I admitted to a fellow forum member that I'd need a lightsaber to battle Darth Maul. I admit it, I'd need a lighsaber to begin the defense of myself. In the end all Jedi battles end not with lightsabers, tools, guns, compressors, but with the mind, battles of controlling energy...The Force. Darth Maul had two lightsabers and why? Nobody ever asks why. I know why. I know that Darth Maul's weakness was his inability to control The Force. He made up for this with tools, dual-lightsabers. Once Obi-Wan broke Maul's dual-blade, I knew the outcome. The mind controls The Force and in the end, Obi Wan's mental focus, use of The Force overcame the sheer violence of Darth Maul and his dual-blade. The test against Darth Maul was to get there, to get to the place and point where Maul's dual-blade was destroyed; to allow his violence to be his undoing and then defeat him with your mind.

Regards,
Viper

Hmmm, I reckon Obi Wan was pissed at Maul for knocking off Qui Gon and it was his anger or his emotions rather than his mind that was the reason he first cut the light sabre in half and then ultimately cut Maul in half atmo. That Vader flunky talks about anger in Empire Strikes Back and at the end of the day anger/hatred rules out when Luke beats up on his old man in Return of the Jedi. So either this is thread drift or the moral of the story is to paint angry if you want a good result or both. :)

julia
02-04-2008, 08:58 PM

Curt

curt, DON'T DO IT

it's not worth spraying the side of your head 1980's trek purple

think of your family!

we love you, man

Viper
02-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Hmmm, I reckon Obi Wan was pissed at Maul for knocking off Qui Gon and it was his anger or his emotions rather than his mind that was the reason he first cut the light sabre in half and then ultimately cut Maul in half atmo. That Vader flunky talks about anger in Empire Strikes Back and at the end of the day anger/hatred rules out when Luke beats up on his old man in Return of the Jedi. So either this is thread drift or the moral of the story is to paint angry if you want a good result or both. :)

Obi-Wan was pissed as he watched his Master, Qui-Gon, die at the hands of Darth Maul, no doubt. But look at what that anger resulted in...Obi-Wan entered the room angry, fought with anger, seeking revenge, did well for a few minutes, then got his arse handed to him.

His anger left him hanging on by a thread, his fingertips, literally. He lost his lightsaber (a big no-no among us Jedis, it'd be like you losing a cleat at the foot of Tourmalet atmo) and nearly his life. Not until he calmed down and focused, realized that his mind, his Force was the only solution, did he find the answer; Obi-Wan in one thought and one motion lept upwards, ignited Gui-Gon's saber and defeated Darth Maul.

Obi-Wan fought with anger and was knocked down. Obi-Wan fought with a calm mind and scored a knock-out. Big difference my padawan BBB.

BBB, I am available for consulations of The Force and Miami Vice. I charge by the PM. As of now e-RICHIE owes me about $1.73.

I suggest you re-read my posts in this thread. Sit outside. Focus on the sound on the wind in the trees. Watch 'Bushido' episode of Miami Vice. Watch the Darth Maul battle until you 'get it'. Drink a Foster's Oilcan, it may helpmo. And know that when it comes to The Force I am but a messenger. I offer, take what you will. Ventoux cannot be defeated by anger, only with EPO and focus.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Padawan

BBB
02-04-2008, 11:05 PM
I'm not sure what e-r's $1.73 got him, but I hope it was more than, 'don't lose your foot at the cleat of the Tourmalet atmo'.

But, to the point in question, the anger racket did Obi Wan well and then got him stuck in a bit of a hole. Yes he calms down (no wind in the trees, Miami Vice or can of Fosters though), but its anger that propels him up and out and ultimately results in one Darth Maul becoming two. And what is his reward? He gets a promotion by Yoda and becomes a Jedi.

Same with Luke. Yoda tells Luke to face Vader and Luke only beats him after, acting on good fatherly advice, he released his anger. And what does he become for beating pops disguised as a wheezing black can? A Jedi.

See, anger pays. The PM advice line ought be shut down and the $1.73 obligation released.

Viper
02-04-2008, 11:39 PM
I'm not sure what e-r's $1.73 got him, but I hope it was more than, 'don't lose your foot at the cleat of the Tourmalet atmo'.

But, to the point in question, the anger racket did Obi Wan well and then got him stuck in a bit of a hole. Yes he calms down (no wind in the trees, Miami Vice or can of Fosters though), but its anger that propels him up and out and ultimately results in one Darth Maul becoming two. And what is his reward? He gets a promotion by Yoda and becomes a Jedi.

Same with Luke. Yoda tells Luke to face Vader and Luke only beats him after, acting on good fatherly advice, he released his anger. And what does he become for beating pops disguised as a wheezing black can? A Jedi.

See, anger pays. The PM advice line ought be shut down and the $1.73 obligation released.

You still view Obi-Wan's defeat of Maul as accomplished through anger? BBB, I saw Star Wars more times before you were born, than one could count all the kangaroos in Aussieville. Anger did not propel Obi-Wan from death, it was his smarts. As we learned in 'Braveheart', wee little William Wallace (hint BBB this man is my blood) wanted to go off to fight, but his Dad told him, "I know ye can fight, but it's your wits which make you a man."

Luke was a Jedi before the death of Vader. Anger might get you to Tourmalet, skill and wits will get you to the top. Luke did not kill Vader, in fact he spared his life. Vader died at the hands of the Emperor. Vader died while trying to create peace in saving a life. What Star Wars movies did you watch atmo? Are they backwards below the equator?

Obi-Wan clearly read 'The Way of the Peaceful Warrior' by Dan Millman. I suggest you read it, then write me a five page book report, send me some Fosters too atmo. Challenge me in Star Wars? You'll need more than $1.73.

http://www.amazon.com/Way-Peaceful-Warrior-Changes-Lives/dp/0915811898

"The true warrior must embrace the spirit of harmony and loving protection of all creation. The meaning of this accord is that you help each and every person complete and fulfill their personal heaven-sent mission in life and thus you reach your own perfection. For the true warrior there is no enemy or opponent. The goal of the true warrior is to become one with the universe. We do not train to become powerful or to throw down some opponent. Rather we train in hopes of being of some use, however small our role may be, in the task of bringing peace to mankind around the world."

~ Morihei Ueshiba

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morihei_Ueshiba

BBB
02-05-2008, 12:19 AM
Viper my friend, I take back my comments. You truly must have special powers to have seen Star Wars, much less in the numbers claimed, before I was born...:)

Although the water goes down the drain in a different direction in the southern hemisphere, we did, fortunately, get the Star Wars movies in the right order or at least the order they were filmed. While not commenting on Obi Wan's wits, he was looking pretty angry as he launched himself out of that tunnel, while I said Luke beat the old man as opposed to killing him.

The $1.73 is safe and no Fosters as that would be really uncool of me to send you such ****e.

Viper
02-05-2008, 06:42 AM
Viper my friend, I take back my comments. You truly must have special powers to have seen Star Wars, much less in the numbers claimed, before I was born...:)

Although the water goes down the drain in a different direction in the southern hemisphere, we did, fortunately, get the Star Wars movies in the right order or at least the order they were filmed. While not commenting on Obi Wan's wits, he was looking pretty angry as he launched himself out of that tunnel, while I said Luke beat the old man as opposed to killing him.

The $1.73 is safe and no Fosters as that would be really uncool of me to send you such ****e.

What's a good Aussie beer? Name a few, I promise DarrenCT and I will try them out. :D

Besides, all of life's secrets are to the found and unlocked in 'Mad Max'. :cool:

BBB
02-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Apologies for hi-jacking the painting thread.

Good Aussie beer: Coopers Pale Ale, Little Creatures Pale Ale, Blue Tongue Lager amongst others. Just not Fosters.

Viper
02-07-2008, 04:37 PM
CPG,

Did the Star Wars wisdom etc play any role in the finished product, the painted frame? Meditate upon this I will.

Regards,
Viper

jeffg
02-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Curt,

Hmm? Static pressure? Hmm. And well you should not worry. For your ally is the Force and a powerful ally it is. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. You must feel the Force around you: here. Between you, me, the tree, the rock, the compressor, the gun, the hose, the frame, everywhere, yes. Concentrate.

I believe that in nature, we see an area of weakness in an animal, living object is often protected; Mother Nature provides defense. To that end, I believed the moment when Maul showed his horns upon his skull, that his brain was indeed...a weakness. Clearly those horns exist to protect a fragile skull, a vulnerable brain. The first time I saw those horns I felt a few blows to the head with my foot, knee or butt end of my saber and Maul would be destroyed.

In terms of color, Maul was red, his eyes were red and his blades were too. The first time we meet Maul in battle is on the desert sands of Tattoine. Clearly Maul is hot, an animal that exudes heat, red. He grew stronger as the battle with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan moved towards the facility's power station; the laser walls drained Qui-Gon while Maul grew stronger. Maul lured the two Jedi's closer to the heat source of the city. Me? I would have moved away from red, heat, taken the battle with Maul to blue or...white, a cooler place...where his energy could not shine.

I felt that Qui-Gon should have known his own Force was diminishing and he should have stalled, waited for assistance from his friend, Obi-Wan. Instead he ignored his feelings, denied his diminishing Force and lost the battle. The Force is focused in our brains and leaves in our hands...looking at the video below at 4:06 you will see how Maul used The Force, which flowed from his left hand, nearly killing Obi-Wan: this is how a battle is won or lost atmo.

I went to the opening midnight show of Star Wars Episode I in East Hampton, New York way back when and at 3:07 into the video below I wanted to be there, against Maul. Qui-Gon, I wish I was there for you bro, I'd never allow it to go down like that atmo; my blade would have remained at my side, I'd have defeated Maul with my mind aka The Force.

Let this be your guide for the problem you encounter today and forever. Bend, move away, breathe, focus and defeat the problem always with a clear mind. And if you ever face Maul and need a hand, give me a call, I'll be your wingman, any time. I fear sharks when I surf, planes when I fly and nothing else.

Regards,
Viper

Dude, that post reminds of the Star Wars dudes that argue incessantly about this or that form of saber technique and who was stronger with the force

Like that SNL skit at the Trekie convention ...

Thankfully I believe you posted with tongue firmly in cheek ... ;)

BBB
02-07-2008, 05:56 PM
You mean he wasn't serious? I'm shocked... ;)

Viper
02-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Dude, that post reminds of the Star Wars dudes that argue incessantly about this or that form of saber technique and who was stronger with the force

Like that SNL skit at the Trekie convention ...

Thankfully I believe you posted with tongue firmly in cheek ... ;)

Jeff. I was serious. Very serious. I mean, what I did was offer in print what went through my mind as I watching the movie. Darth Maul pulled the battle to a source of heat, his strength. He knew it would weaken his opponents. Tip? Why do boxing champions fight in their own hometown for championship bouts? Maul could've been defeated elsewhere and with more Force less force atmo. :)

That's what went though my mind when I watched the movie (above). I can also share that I met Patrick Stewart at Hofstra University in 1998, during intermission of his one-man play, 'Uneasy Lies the Head...'. I composed myself, focused, shook his hand and asked, "Sir, permission to speak freely?"

He smiled and offered, "Granted."

"Sir, I would have been honored to have served with you, Sir. I am proud of how you handled yourself in episode # 136...there were four lights!" I replied.

We shook hands, my girlfriend pretended not to know who I was. Other than bumping into Roy Schieder and telling him he needed a bigger boat, meeting Patrick Stewart was most atmo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfSQn4m8ZcE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR_fkXB86kg

Viper
02-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Dear CPG,

Did you feel a disturbance in The Force today? I was at Pep Boys auto store, grabbed a can of Duplicolor fabric spray paint. I removed some interior panels of my car and painted them black (they were gray).

It turned out awesome. Then I got a headache. I was spraying outdoors, there was a breeze everything was fine. I came inside, sat down, grabbed some tissues, blew my nose and the tissue was black.

I need a Darth CPG Vader mask atmo. Wow.

Regards,
Viper