PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ridden a BiTitan?

Kervin
02-01-2008, 07:04 PM
I have always like the idea of a BiTitan (or the steel version), but I have never ridden one. If my riding and weight loss keeps going in the right direction, I think I'm going to look for one as a SS. Are there any big problems with these?

stevep
02-01-2008, 07:40 PM
dont buy a bititan.

they all break...

dave thompson
02-01-2008, 09:28 PM
I had a Bi-Titanio (apparently a later version of the BiTitan) and while I thought the twin downtubes looked very cool, it was an al dente noodle. I sold it fairly soon after I bought it.

Chris
02-01-2008, 09:30 PM
what Steve said...

jerk
02-01-2008, 10:53 PM
I have always like the idea of a BiTitan (or the steel version), but I have never ridden one. If my riding and weight loss keeps going in the right direction, I think I'm going to look for one as a SS. Are there any big problems with these?

yeah I've ridden one. sucks....tjen it breaks. the soviets have given the world many great things; victory over nazi germany, the moscow yiddish theatre, the ak47, Yaroslavl ekimov even. suffice it to say the titanio they supplied ernie wasnt exactly anna kournikova level shiite.
jerk

Samster
02-01-2008, 11:24 PM
swings both ways.

Gothard
02-02-2008, 01:36 AM
I used one for ...15 years as my primary bike. It is a 61 or so pre-production frame. I loved it. Yes it was noodly, I could make the rear wheel rub the chainstay..while seated.
But, it was a great ride. confortable for hours and hours and hours. It brought me over countless mountain passes, and even down the same passes without much drama. Still have it and consider rebuilding from time to time. They are so comfy, that my wife has one, my father has one, and my neighbour has one. None has broken.

Kervin
02-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Thanks for all the input. I didn't know that it was a soft riding frame.

CPP
02-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Anybody ridden the Carbon version???

bigbill
02-02-2008, 11:34 AM
I really lusted after one in the early 90's because Tony Rominger was riding one. I had no idea of the ride qualities, but the turnoff for me was the fact that the first production didn't have water bottle bosses on the downtubes. Living in muggy hot South Carolina made that a no go for me. I bought a Basso badged polished Litespeed instead.

cpg
02-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Remember when that twin skinny down tubes was marketed as a way of increasing stiffness? Hello! Physics be dam#$d.

Curt