PDA

View Full Version : Let's all give Ritaann good thoughts

Bruce K
08-17-2004, 09:16 PM
I just spent a few hours with Ritaann (RAbikes2) as she is preparing for Boston-Montreal-Boston, a 750 mile 4 day excursion.

We met up in her hotel lobby as she was checking in and after a brief look at her bike while unloading, I discovered a couple of things that made me unhappy. Forunately, Alex Zuckerman (AZ - an old forum member) was working at Cycle Loft in Burlington and agreed to check them out. After about a half hour of tinkering, adjusting, and changing out both sets of brake pads RA was ready to go. The cost? An Alex gift of time and parts. VERY COOL.

After dinner RA was off to get a good night's sleep and to spend tomorrow loading gear/food bags for the various checkpoints and getting ready to go, and I headed home. Her scheduled deaprture is 4:00AM on Thursday and she hopes to finish Sunday afternoon.

RA is so full of positive thoughts and energy, but this is a big undertaking. WAY more than I would ever hope to accomplish on my bike.

I respectfully suggest that we all keep RA in our thoughts the next few days and maybe the power of positive thinking will help her achieve her goal and return safely from the ride.

BK

M_A_Martin
08-17-2004, 09:32 PM
Yay RA!

Hey RitaAnn,
May your muscles remain lactate free, your tendons remain flexible, your butt remain un-sore, and may the sweetest thing you've ever had between your legs remain just that ;) (her Serotta Legend guys...her Serotta Legend)
:banana:

And may your positive energizer bunny attitude remain...well...Positive!

Take Care Girl!
Ginger

Bill Bove
08-17-2004, 10:35 PM
Yo, RA! It's Bill from the open house weekend, you go girl!!!

Len J
08-18-2004, 06:15 AM
I just spent a few hours with Ritaann (RAbikes2) as she is preparing for Boston-Montreal-Boston, a 750 mile 4 day excursion.

We met up in her hotel lobby as she was checking in and after a brief look at her bike while unloading, I discovered a couple of things that made me unhappy. Forunately, Alex Zuckerman (AZ - an old forum member) was working at Cycle Loft in Burlington and agreed to check them out. After about a half hour of tinkering, adjusting, and changing out both sets of brake pads RA was ready to go. The cost? An Alex gift of time and parts. VERY COOL.

After dinner RA was off to get a good night's sleep and to spend tomorrow loading gear/food bags for the various checkpoints and getting ready to go, and I headed home. Her scheduled deaprture is 4:00AM on Thursday and she hopes to finish Sunday afternoon.

RA is so full of positive thoughts and energy, but this is a big undertaking. WAY more than I would ever hope to accomplish on my bike.

I respectfully suggest that we all keep RA in our thoughts the next few days and maybe the power of positive thinking will help her achieve her goal and return safely from the ride.

BK

No quit in you.

Len

Tom
08-18-2004, 09:54 AM
Good luck! With all the rain this year the scenery up through Vt. is going to be spectacular. I'm jealous.