PDA

View Full Version : OT: Gints vs. Patsies

rdparadise
02-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Who Says the Pats will end up 19-0?

I grew up in Ct. and rooted for both the Patsies and the Giants as a kid. I now live in the Philly area and have rooted for the home team here for the past few years. With New England's offensive dominence and New Yorks unity and seemingly playing above themselves, I expect it to be a good game.

My bet is the Patsies win but don't cover. 12.5 points is a lot to cover in the Bowl.

Bob

Louis
02-01-2008, 02:59 PM
As long as it's a good game I really don't care who wins. I remember rooting for the Patriots back in the Steve Grogan days, but now that they have become such a juggernaut it would be more interesting to have an upset, even though I couldn't care less about the Giants.

DarrenCT
02-01-2008, 08:25 PM
i'll watch the commercials and skip the football atmo

ti_boi
02-01-2008, 08:28 PM
My wife hates the Giants....she is a Philly girl...through and through...

I on the other hand have always liked the Giants. :beer:

Viper
02-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Giants D will smack the living **** out of Brady early. IF the Giants can establish their running game, they will win atmo. Then again I could be talking smack and Brady could light it up for 482 yards, 5 TD's and one super model. As a Cowboys fan, I simply look forward to what I believe will be a great game.

sandbox1979
02-01-2008, 11:00 PM
being a die-hard colts fan, i hope the giants and little goober light the pats up. they gotta go for it all from the beginning... going for it on 4th and 3's, gaining big chunks with the run and pressuring the crap out of brady from the first snap.

Sandy
02-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Patriots 31, Giants 20 or Giants 24, Patriots 21. Probably the former.

Sandy

MarleyMon
02-02-2008, 08:50 AM
How can the Giants be giant-killers? Its illogical

Fixed
02-02-2008, 08:51 AM
i'll watch the commercials and skip the football atmo
super bore

Viper
02-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Giants D will smack the living **** out of Brady early. IF the Giants can establish their running game, they will win atmo. Then again I could be talking smack and Brady could light it up for 482 yards, 5 TD's and one super model. As a Cowboys fan, I simply look forward to what I believe will be a great game.

Viper, you were right, the Giants' D is doing the job. If the Giants had a running game, man it'd be a different deal right now.

DarrenCT
02-03-2008, 08:08 PM
some white guy just made a cool run and got some yards

Viper
02-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Gotta toss it to Plaxico in the end zone atmo. We need the lead NOW.

Viper
02-03-2008, 08:11 PM
BINGO.

I hate the Red Sox so the Pats are hated by association atmo.

97CSI
02-03-2008, 08:23 PM
some white guy just made a cool run and got some yardsBut, he caught the ball first. That is known as a 'pass play', regardless of how far one runs after the catch.

DarrenCT
02-03-2008, 08:30 PM
that last one was effin funny

will farrel rules

paczki
02-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Whatever happens, that's why he's Brady.

Viper
02-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Time for Manning to man-up.

DarrenCT
02-03-2008, 08:42 PM
gets a free bike from brunk

Viper
02-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Whatever happens, that's why he's Brady.

I think moreso, whatever happens, it was a great game. It wasn't about Brady that's for sure. The Giants showed up.

Viper
02-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Plaxico? Where are you??? You're making the big bucks and etc.

UNBELIEVABLE scramble, throw by Manning and catch by Tyree.

The Patriots are crapping themselves right now.

DarrenCT
02-03-2008, 08:53 PM
pretty interesting now!

chuckroast
02-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Sheesh, what a game. Who'd a thunk it?

Viper
02-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Giants can do it!!! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Viper
02-03-2008, 08:56 PM
BY

THE

POWER OF

GRAYSKULL!!!!!!

Manning showed up in the last drive atmo.

chuckroast
02-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Perfect Town might remain exclusive.....

Viper
02-03-2008, 08:58 PM
Tiki Barber, how ya doin'?

Still, with 29 seconds and 3 timeouts for a FG...Pats can do this too atmo.

paczki
02-03-2008, 09:00 PM
That was amazing.

Viper
02-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier!

Oh wait, this is football atmo.

DarrenCT
02-03-2008, 09:01 PM
no dice imho

Viper
02-03-2008, 09:02 PM
no dice imho

:beer:

chuckroast
02-03-2008, 09:02 PM
" The Giants win the pennant, the Giants' win the pennant, the Giants win the pennant...."

Viper
02-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Yes!!!

Yes!!!

Yes!!!

paczki
02-03-2008, 09:04 PM
They sure deserve it. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

DarrenCT
02-03-2008, 09:04 PM

red hook ipa

long hammer

6.5%

tastes like water atmo

Viper
02-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Belichick doesn't know how to lose. What a mess, 1 second on the clockmo.

DarrenCT
02-03-2008, 09:06 PM
the poll was correct atmo

Viper
02-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Did the Pats record this game on video atmo? :rolleyes:

Karma, it's a *****.

Len J
02-03-2008, 09:11 PM
NFL must of made sure the PATS couldn't cheat this SB. :banana:

Len

Jeff N.
02-03-2008, 09:14 PM
From a Chargers fan to all you New England fans: Take the pain. TAKE THE PAIN! How DARE the Patriots allow this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ohhhhhhh my, oh my, oh my...................Eli? Jughead? Hoisting up the Lombardi Trophy? :crap: You know Gisele will probably drop Tom like 3rd period French now. Jeff N.

Larry
02-03-2008, 09:15 PM
The Victoria Secret commercial was way hot!
"The best game is after the game."

ti_boi
02-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Well.....?

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: I'm buyin!

hansolo758
02-03-2008, 09:22 PM
GO GIANTS! (Even though they beat my Packers).

johnnymossville
02-03-2008, 09:28 PM
seeing the Patriots lose was priceless. Awesome Game!

Viper
02-03-2008, 10:01 PM
The Giants showed what teamwork can do atmo:

Ray
02-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Being from Philly, I'm no Giants fan, but I was tonight! Those guys played sooooo well. They fully deserved to win and if they hadn't come up with that last drive, I'd have still felt like they SHOULD have won by virtue of the points they left on the field in the first half due to stupid mistakes. But they won legit. The defense was just insane.

I don't hate the Pats and I feel slightly bad for 'em tonight, but I loved watching them get the crap beat out of 'em tonight. Teach them a little bit of humility. Not to mention seeing their last two seasons end at the hands of Mannings, and by the little bro who nobody thought much of to ruin their perfect year. Oh, frickin delicious!

And to the Beantown fans, sorry, but now you know how the rest of us feel most of the time. You'll get over it.

-Ray

sandbox1979
02-04-2008, 01:43 AM
ahhh, yes. another manning super bowl MVP... but more importantly, another patriots season ruined by a manning. between the geriatric ward known as the pats' defense and congress looking into their cheating ways, i do believe we could be witnessing the end of a (((dynasty))). it's good to see belichick is still a ****head, though.

stevep
02-04-2008, 05:33 AM
good game by the giants. they beat them on the field.
well done.

a note on the comments.
grace in vistory is usually easy. you guys should show some.

this game was a charitable contribution w/ the 14 pt spread.
hopefully somebody actually bet on the giants.

Blue Jays
02-04-2008, 05:35 AM
Congratulations NJ/NY Giants on your victory.

Ray
02-04-2008, 06:42 AM

Its a lot easier when you've had as much practice as you guys have had! For the rest of us, it's always kind of fun to see a dynasty taken down. EVERYONE has a huge amount of respect for the Pats and for Brady, but watching them get beat up and Brady constantly peeling himself off the floor was great to see. Seeing the shock on the face of one of the Pats linemen (maybe Light?) after TB was sacked in those last desperate seconds was also fun. The sudden realization that they really are just human and fallible.

As an Eagle fan (not hardcore crazy, but I watch 'em), I don't have ANY trouble enjoying seeing the Patriots endure a heartbreaking 3-point Super Bowl loss. Hey, Brady was really classy in defeat. Belichek has his usual nothing to say, but I'll cut him some slack - he don't talk when they win either.

-Ray

davids
02-04-2008, 07:01 AM
Congratulations - The Giants deserved it. The better team won last night.

Wow, that hurt.

Viper
02-04-2008, 07:20 AM
good game by the giants. they beat them on the field.
well done.

a note on the comments.

Grace? We have a thread on her (see Grace Kelly vs Slave Leia vs ONJ). Grace? Ya got spanked yo. That's 'New York' for, "Enjoy your am coffee with some milk and some STFU." :D The loser doesn't tell the winner what to domo. Grace? The Patriots audio/visual department ought to show some.

e-RICHIE
02-04-2008, 07:37 AM
That's 'New York' for, "Enjoy your am coffee with some milk and some STFU."
should be a sticky atmo -

Erik.Lazdins
02-04-2008, 07:48 AM
GO GIANTS! (Even though they beat my Packers).

I thought the Packers were off when they lost - After watching the Giants throw NE off balance and relentlessly pass rush - the Packers weren't that bad.

The Giants really came together at the right time.

I'm curious to see how Eli will handle hosting Saturday night Live? :beer:

MilanoTom
02-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Congratulations - The Giants deserved it. The better team won last night.

Wow, that hurt.

1+

Viper
02-04-2008, 07:53 AM
I'm curious to see how Eli will handle hosting Saturday night Live? :beer:

Is that show even on any more? Le peleton's times have increased due to EPO testing and this has also translated into Saturday night live...ever since NBC took the hookers, blow and reds out of the 'green room', SNL lost it's humor.

SNL = A modern day Raleigh Bike

Tom
02-04-2008, 08:54 AM

Damn. If I had money to burn and a bookie's phone number I could have made a fortune. I saw this one coming a mile off.

Yeah, easy to say afterward but every now and then I get an intuition.

The best one was years ago when the Jets were perfectly awful and in the middle of the season I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that they would be upset winners in their next game. I happened to say that at somebody's house - longtime friends of my wife's back when we had just started dating and I had met her friends maybe a month before.

Next time I saw them one of the guys thanked me for the tip - said he'd won a bundle betting the Jets. I couldn't believe the guy thought I knew what I was talking about.

This one was easier, though. All you had to do was look to 2002.

davids
02-04-2008, 09:18 AM
hopefully somebody actually bet on the giants.I bet my wife that the Pats wouldn't beat the spread. I get treated to dinner tomorrow night. :beer: But I did think they would win. :crap:

William
02-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Congrats.

The Giants were the most effective team on the field that day.

William

DukeHorn
02-04-2008, 10:58 AM
I think "grace" in defeat is more indicative of class and integrity.

How about all those NFL coaches that stood on their sidelines when the Pats ran it up on them this year? That's class when someone is sticking it to you.

Classless is running onto the field when (a) a guy with a flag is trying to tell you there's time on the clock, (b) when you push through the head ref who's trying to tell you there is time on the clock, and (c) sending your boys out for the final snap while you're in the lockerroom. Oh and let's toss in (d) that postgame conference where absolutely no credit was given to the Giants for a well-played game.

You act like a tool in sports and you generally get treated like one.

MarleyMon
02-04-2008, 11:23 AM
How can the Giants be giant-killers? Its illogical
I really did not see it coming - Any Given Sunday, I guess they say
Congrats Giants!

Peyton, Peyton he's our man
If he can't do it - Eli can! :beer:

Acotts
02-04-2008, 11:39 AM
I wonder how many of the 20 Giants win outright votes came after the game.

Seems fishy to me.

Can we get some source code action?

Viper
02-04-2008, 01:56 PM
I think "grace" in defeat is more indicative of class and integrity.

How about all those NFL coaches that stood on their sidelines when the Pats ran it up on them this year? That's class when someone is sticking it to you.

Classless is running onto the field when (a) a guy with a flag is trying to tell you there's time on the clock, (b) when you push through the head ref who's trying to tell you there is time on the clock, and (c) sending your boys out for the final snap while you're in the lockerroom. Oh and let's toss in (d) that postgame conference where absolutely no credit was given to the Giants for a well-played game.

You act like a tool in sports and you generally get treated like one.

+17 (pun intended).

Belichick failed yesterday and when? With 0:01 left.

saab2000
02-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Now the Pats fans know what it's like to be a Packer fan.

Ray
02-04-2008, 02:15 PM
+17 (pun intended).

Belichick failed yesterday and when? With 0:01 left.
I enjoyed watching the Giants punch the Pats in the face during the course of the game as much as anyone, but I don't see what all the fuss is about BB not coming back for the last kneel down. If he had refused to meet and shake hands with the winning coach that would be classless, but he went right over and shook Coughlin's hand. They weren't gonna have any trouble getting 11 guys out there to stand around while the Giants knelt down. What was the big deal? He knew there was gonna be a crush on the field, he was already half way off, and just figured he'd keep going. I don't find him to be a particularly likable guy and don't take too many opportunities to defend him, but this I just don't get.

-Ray

Ti Designs
02-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Now the Pats fans know what it's like to be a Packer fan.

In '82 I moved from New Jersey to Boston, and traded watching the Giants for watching the Patriots. I can't call myself a fan, I don't paint my body, shave my head or claim I've had a perfect season (If I were on the team they would have lost lots of games), but I watch games. In the early 80's the Patriots had Steve Gragan as QB and the only talk of bowl games was at a bar called the Hong Kong - a very different sport. Then came the season where the Pats played the Bears in the Superbowl, I think the final score was 44-3. I've found New England fans have a very short memory...

Oddly enough, the Superbowl was on Fox, which is a channel I don't get with my bent up pair of rabbit ears on the TV. So in the same way I only think Lance has won 5 tours 'cause they stopped putting them on VHS tape, I still think the Pats are undefeated. I'll go stick my head back in the sand now.

53-11
02-04-2008, 04:05 PM
someone did not watch the game nor read the morning papers..

http://www.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=298538

97CSI
02-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Think they voted for Dewey.

MassBiker
02-04-2008, 04:13 PM
I agree with Ray, I don't see what he did as so disrespectful...and I don't particularly like the guy either from what I see and hear.

People always need something to make a big deal about and start controversy.

keno
02-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Last night's game was what makes sports compelling. Both in the short run and the long run, it a game means nothing but it feels as if it does to us fans. Although I ultimately agree with Seinfeld in that we are rooting for laundry, I was on the Pats side of the ledger emotionally but did bet the Giants and collected my moolah today (investing trumps rooting).

A few thoughts:

Over time, Pats have sucked alot. It is only in the past several years that they have become to football what the Yankees are to baseball - a team some love to hate.

Many hate Belichick, but it makes it all much more fun. If you were a pro player would you want to play for him? BTW, Belichick did not shake hands with Coughlin but hugged him.

All of a sudden, Tom Coughlin is lionized. Seems to me he has been loathed until recently. (Jack Nicklaus is someone for whom time has erased the distaste held for him during much of his career.) We are a fickle lot.

The Giants won by 3 points, not 33. They beat the Pats in much the same manner as the Pats have won many games, particularly late this season. The Giants best day and one of the Patriot's worst. As the old saw goes, that's why they play the games.

As an aside, I thought that this year's commercials were weak for the most part.

keno

Ray
02-04-2008, 05:22 PM
The Giants best day and one of the Patriot's worst.
I don't see it that way. The Pats didn't play badly because they were 'off'. They played badly because they were KNOCKED off. In golf and in time trials you can have a bad day and your opponent can have a good day largely independent of one another (although there are still psychological effects of seeing what the other guy is doing). But in most direct competition sports, the better player/team almost always knocks the other player/team out of their rhythm and makes them look like they're having a bad day. No matter how well they'd be playing against someone else.

I had tennis matches in high school where I'd come out of it thinking "I really sucked today" but it was generally because the other guy made me suck. And visa versa. Same thing in football. No matter how fast I was feeling and how well I was covering and catching the ball, once the other guy ran by me a couple of times or knocked me on my a$$ a couple of times, I'd have to start reacting more to him and didn't feel near as good about my game. When I totally had some guy's number and was covering really well or when I delivered a couple of really tough hits over the middle, I could similarly throw him off of his game and make him look like he was having a bad day.

The Pats looked like they were having a bad game because they were getting blocked and tackled better than they were doing to the other guys. Football is all about intensity and the Giants had way more of it at the beginning and just started pounding on those guys. They were putting lots of pressure on Brady and doing a great job of protecting Eli. And they were running and run-blocking better. Brady had a 'bad game', but it was because the Giants put him on the floor and made him run for his life all day. That'll throw anyone off and make them look just a little bit less pretty back there in the pocket.

The Giants made the Pats have a bad day. And, just by way of observation, the first meeting between these teams was a legit three point Pats win. Very close game throughout with a great comeback. Well done on both sides. Last night was not as close as the score imho - the Giants dominated the Pats physically and just made a few too many big mistakes early that kept it as close as it was.

-Ray

DukeHorn
02-04-2008, 06:08 PM
/shrug

If you don't understand why folks are mad when one head coach chooses to ignore two separate officials telling him that the game is still ongoing and feels that he can walk to his own beat, then yes there is nothing to talk about.

This isn't college where officials have the discretion to run the clock. It's the pros, there are different rules, but obviously Coach B doesn't care about them (errrr Spygate).

Elefantino
02-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Is this how a Giants receiver thanks his quarterback?