debete, debate

what a droning bore.

oh, 1.5 for barack and 1.0 for hill.

confente
01-31-2008, 09:39 PM
Barack didn't push it and lost! :no:

Spinner
02-01-2008, 07:12 AM
... of body language by the hill. smile, smile, smile. smile and glare, smile and stare. frankly, i have trouble trusting anyone who smiles too much or not enough. and, she would have gained more credibility for me if she had said, "in retrospect, yes, my vote in support of actions in iraq was wrong."

yikes!!!

Fixed
02-01-2008, 07:35 AM
I like them both my wife likes obama and i do too , I don't like to get my hopes up to high from what I have seen in my life obama 's not going to have it easy .. i think the country needs to have hope and dreams kinda like having a race to train for .

i liked the part about a country and a business not being the same nice reply imho
cheers

Tobias
02-01-2008, 08:47 AM
According to Good Morning America, Obama flip-floped on some issues like immigration.
Maybe he's more experienced a politician than I thought.

Too Tall
02-01-2008, 08:50 AM
(Wolf looks directly and Hillary) "Clearly that was a swipe at you". ***????

Wolf is dead to me.

The two of them should get a room. I was hoping for a debate not a love-fest. Zero issues were challenged. They failed to challenge the electorate.

sspielman
02-01-2008, 09:03 AM

Wolf is dead to me.

The two of them should get a room. I was hoping for a debate not a love-fest. Zero issues were challenged. They failed to challenge the electorate.

CNN=Clinton News Network

Climb01742
02-01-2008, 10:16 AM
in some future debate or out on the campaign, i wish someone would ask hill this question:

we have spent the last 7 years dealing with a president who can not and will not admit that he made a mistake, any mistake. you refuse to admit your iraq war vote was a mistake. does america need another president who seems incapable of admitting they are fallible?

97CSI
02-01-2008, 10:43 AM

Wolf is dead to me.

The two of them should get a room. I was hoping for a debate not a love-fest. Zero issues were challenged. They failed to challenge the electorate.What's there to challenge? They are pretty much the same thing. The only challenge is the clowns on the other side of the fence in November.

Blitzer has become one of the clowns. Must be corporate advertising $$s getting to him and his bosses.

Tobias
02-01-2008, 11:05 AM
you refuse to admit your iraq war vote was a mistake.Climb, not to defend Hillary or Bush, but I look at this quite a bit differently. I suppose I differentiate between making bad choices and making mistakes more than most.

If two guys go to Vegas and bet their entire life savings -- one on red and the other on black – I see them making the same mistake (for me it’s going to Vegas to gamble in the first place). Some people would argue that the guy who wins big didn’t make a mistake, but that the guy who loses everything made a huge mistake. I see them as making different choices that had different outcomes -- one chose well and one didn’t – but the mistakes are the same to me. The unknown consequences of a particular choice – although much different – does not justify nor invalidate the choices.

In the case of Iraq, we can agree that bad choices were made by just about everyone. Whether they were mistakes requiring an apology is entirely a different matter for me. If WMD had been found, Hillary’s vote would not be in question. And since she wasn’t responsible for intelligence gathering, dissimilation or presentation of the information, I can’t fault her for voting the way she did at the time. I probably would have done the same with what was available.

Kevan
02-01-2008, 11:12 AM
can someone please distract Ralphy-boy ...maybe get him testing the validity of the Smart car's safety, now starting out on America's streets, so he stays the hell away from mucking things up election-wise?