PDA

View Full Version : do you need mitts for a punching bag ?

Fixed
01-31-2008, 03:22 PM
mitt is a very smart cat but mccain give him a beating is mitt to much of a gentleman to fight back ? ... everybody likes mccain as a story he's great ..but mitt should be able to debate better than him ..imho
cheers

paczki
01-31-2008, 03:25 PM
John McCain is a serious politician. Mitt is a businessman who has recently become a politician. No contest in debates.

Fixed
01-31-2008, 03:31 PM
mitt harvard m. c.l.

mba and law

mccain
graduated from Annapolis in 1958; he was fifth from the bottom in class rank
cheers

Bud_E
01-31-2008, 03:43 PM
Being able to graduate Harvard/Princeton/etc. is an indication of a certain kind of ability ( or family connections ) but I've worked with Princeton PhD's who would get lost on a racetrack.

...and I currently work with a college dropout who's one of the smartest people I've ever met.

fiamme red
01-31-2008, 03:48 PM
http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040311/040311_hmed_mccainbush_10a.hmedium.jpg

93legendti
01-31-2008, 03:50 PM
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=474009&postcount=54

davids
01-31-2008, 03:53 PM
He's got no core political beliefs, as far as I can tell. He is saying whatever his market research tells him will get him elected. And it's increasingly clear that his research isn't reliable, and he's not sure what to say.

McCain, after having pandered to the social conservatives in '00, seems to be back to speaking his mind.

I think it's easier to respond to an unscripted question when you can answer from your true beliefs.

...I am overstating both sides of the equation for effect, so I hope my meaning is clear.

davids
01-31-2008, 04:10 PM
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=474009&postcount=54This information doesn't really reflect what his administration was like, on the ground.

Romney ran for, and won, the Massachusetts governor's office as a socially liberal, fiscally conservative Republican. After less than a year as our chief executive, he set his sights on the White House, and quickly changed his social positions. Couple that with his absentee governorship, and his repeated Massachusetts-bashing on the campaign trail - It was shocking and disheartening and, although I didn't vote for him, I felt betrayed. His "transformation" was a repudiation of the positions he'd campaigned on, and made it clear to me that he is nakedly ambitious and without true beliefs.

It's not so much that I disagree with his positions - I truly have no idea what kind of president he'd be. Because I don't believe a word he says.

Fixed
01-31-2008, 04:13 PM
bro i know a lot of you cats like mc cain but that nervous laugh bothers me
i like mitt better :beer:

93legendti
01-31-2008, 04:14 PM
Yes, it is a shame Wikipedia did not consult davids first before the entry on Gov. Romney was finalized and posted.

Bruce K
01-31-2008, 04:33 PM
Adam;

I voted for Mitt as governor and while David and I don't always agree in our political positions, we do agree here.

Mitt Romney abandoned the state and his campaign positions to better prepare himself for a White House run. He left the state in the hands of an inexperienced former Republican Party coordinator named Kerry Healey and while she grew into the job to some degree it wasn't what we the people of Massachusetts had wanted.

I too am disappointed in Mitt Romney but I am far from making my mind up completely on any candidate yet.

BK

93legendti
01-31-2008, 04:52 PM
Adam;

I voted for Mitt as governor and while David and I don't always agree in our political positions, we do agree here.

Mitt Romney abandoned the state and his campaign positions to better prepare himself for a White House run. He left the state in the hands of an inexperienced former Republican Party coordinator named Kerry Healey and while she grew into the job to some degree it wasn't what we the people of Massachusetts had wanted.

I too am disappointed in Mitt Romney but I am far from making my mind up completely on any candidate yet.

BK
I understand. But I think that applies to every politician...like a Senator who was on the Board of Wal-Mart, resigns and then criticizes Wal-Mart...

Who is filling Sens. Clinton, Obama, McCain's chairs now? What about Gov. Huckabee, whose fulfilling his duties?

I am sure someone will claim he doesn't car about the poor: He gives ~13% of his income to charity.

"...Romney's foundation donated $211,000 in 2005, including $25,000 to the American Red Cross South Asian Earthquake Relief, $5,000 to the Red Cross Katrina Fund, and $10,000 to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation..."

"...The Romneys established the Ann D. and Mitt Romney Charitable Foundation in 1993. It was renamed the Tyler Charitable Foundation in 2003 , after a street in Belmont, where the Romneys live. The foundation has donated more than $2.9 million to more than 40 healthcare groups, schools, and other charitable organizations since 1999, including $2.2 million to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, according to a Globe review of IRS documents that are publicly available..."

I don't even know if he's got my vote. I am just amused by the bashing without cites/support.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2006/08/17/romney_aided_conservative_groups/

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2005/08/28/romneys_listed_as_big_givers_to_charity/

davids
01-31-2008, 05:08 PM
I don't even know if he's got my vote. I am just amused by the bashing without cites/support.And I'm amused that you consider Wikipedia a reliable citation.

But I'm convinced you're looking for a fight with me, not a dialog. So I'm done with you.

93legendti
01-31-2008, 05:38 PM
And I'm amused that you consider Wikipedia a reliable citation.

But I'm convinced you're looking for a fight with me, not a dialog. So I'm done with you.
I consider it more reliable than your unsupported posts, but if you have links to support your proposition that the information re: MR on Wilkipedia is incorrect, please share them.

I find your "I'm taking my ball and going home" statement odd, given that YOU posted in response to my post, quoting me and trying to refute my statement.
But, as swoop would say, "whatever dude".

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=474030&postcount=8
#8 Today, 10:10 PM
davids
moderately super Join Date: Dec 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93legendti
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpo...09&postcount=54

This information doesn't really reflect what his administration was like, on the ground.

Romney ran for, and won, the Massachusetts governor's office as a socially liberal, fiscally conservative Republican. After less than a year as our chief executive, he set his sights on the White House, and quickly changed his social positions. Couple that with his absentee governorship, and his repeated Massachusetts-bashing on the campaign trail - It was shocking and disheartening and, although I didn't vote for him, I felt betrayed. His "transformation" was a repudiation of the positions he'd campaigned on, and made it clear to me that he is nakedly ambitious and without true beliefs.

It's not so much that I disagree with his positions - I truly have no idea what kind of president he'd be. Because I don't believe a word he says.