PDA

View Full Version : what media do you use for news?

stevep
01-31-2008, 06:32 AM
prompted by another thread.
what media do you use to try to understand the world?

i use.
ny times 60% left but the just hired kristol so maybe not now
boston globe- live nr boston, some overlap w/ times now
economist- british, 95% right
wsj- 90% right... now that its murdoch will be interesting to watch it become what it has to become...will become 200% right.
npr- tends left but offers both sides on shows
dailykos- website 95% left ( +- )
wash post- read sometimes, columnists on both sides. great series on cheney btw.

i dont watch tv news other than local for weather/ sports

saab2000
01-31-2008, 06:43 AM
NPR
Washington Post
Internet - CNN.com
USA Today at the hotels
Time/Newsweek left on the plane
Economist when I get one. In depth, non-American perspective is very important.
The Onion (first and foremost!)

DarrenCT
01-31-2008, 06:49 AM
nyt, cnn.com and local news

they all suck.

Ray
01-31-2008, 06:51 AM
The onion.
The Daily Show (PLEEEZE end the writer's strike so I can be reminded anew how absurd some of this shiite is!)
For daily election coverage, I like MSNBC better than CNN. I occasionally check in over at Fox News just to see how the other half lives. I usually can't take it for long. As I'm sure some of our conservative forumites can't take MSNBC or CNN for long. I read the Philadelphia Inquirer because its the local paper and they're almost liberal enough for me most of the time.

Speakin' of which - how much impact do you think the lack of writers on almost all late night comedy shows has/will impact the election? I haven't been paying close attention, but I'd wager that the quality of the Bill/Hill jokes hasn't been NEAR as high as they would have been without the strike. Did Clinton and his Hollywood friends plan this whole thing?

-Ray

e-RICHIE
01-31-2008, 06:53 AM
i take the jewish standard (http://rscyclocross.blogspot.com/) and hadassah magazine (http://atmolicious.blogspot.com/) atmo.

Fixed
01-31-2008, 06:54 AM
amy goodman
http://www.democracynow.org/
cheers :beer:

Spinner
01-31-2008, 06:56 AM
... does the serotta forum count?

saab2000
01-31-2008, 07:04 AM
Speaking of 'liberal media', I don't see it very much. But I guess it's there. I have simply always seen my favorite outlets as being more in depth and analytical than the conservative media.

But I would like a media outlet that tries best it can to be as unslanted as possible.

I am a huge fan of NPR and have been forever, even getting it when I could when I lived in Switzerland. They report things that other media simply don't. It may indicate a bias, but I don't see it usually.

The exception to that would be Terry Gross and Diane Rehm, both of whom I feel display a liberal bent. That said, I think both are good interviewers and Diane Rehm especially asks the tough questions, even to guests she might be sympathetic to.

Terry Gross can sometimes be annoying because she seems to ask her questions in a pointed manner, looking for an answer that she'll like.

Even so, I basically like both of their programs.

The other NPR nitpick I have is their quasi-commercials that run now, read by whoever is hosting. I understand their need for money to run their operation, but when does the source of the money begin to influence what they cover?

That said, I am a huge NPR fan and feel they are very good at what they do.

rsl
01-31-2008, 07:42 AM
I listen to NPR while I get ready for work in the morning and on the drive to and from campus.

I usually skim an email I get from the NYTimes everyday, and might read an article or two there. I also check out the BBC online daily.

Occasionally I pick up a copy of the economist.

victoryfactory
01-31-2008, 07:59 AM
I listen to:
NPR Radio
Lehrer on PBS
NY1 for local stuff

I'm a tofu eatin, Yoga meditatin', Volvo drivin', Serotta ridin', LL Bean
wearin', NYC livin', liberal, peacenick, anti war, ACLU dude

VF

PS: save the whales!

saab2000
01-31-2008, 08:02 AM
BTW, I also like Howard Stern and Opie and Anthony. Can't get Howard anymore though 'cuz I won't pay the monthly charge for the satellite radio.

Not PC here.

Climb01742
01-31-2008, 08:10 AM
ny times
msnbc
newshour on pbs
npr
new yorker
and lately, the bbc evening news on bbc america

gee, i guess i'm a tree-hugging, aclu-loving pinko rat b@stard.

Fixed
01-31-2008, 08:11 AM
here is another one
http://www.fair.org/index.php
cheers

J.Greene
01-31-2008, 08:15 AM
I get my movie ideas from viper, financial and economic info from aneidaride, mideast news from 93legenti, shino is the food and comic section, latest finance deals from jimcav, and I use e-richie for the silly word games atmo.

one more....fixed is my Ann Landers

JG

jemoryl
01-31-2008, 08:18 AM
amy goodman
http://www.democracynow.org/
cheers :beer:

+1
My usual audio for a one-hour indoor trainer session.

Also like some international sources off the web:
UK broadsheets (Guardian, Independent, Times (Murdoch again, but AA Gill and Jeremy Clarkson are a hoot)
FT, BBC, Der Spiegel, Asia Times.
Many non-MSM blogs and websites (e.g. Juan Cole, AlterNet, etc.)

Volant
01-31-2008, 08:21 AM
I only check the news once or twice a month (except for splash page on Yahoo/Google. Rarely watch TV - except for checking weather. I'm mutch happier this way!!

GoJavs
01-31-2008, 08:31 AM
I'm a Morning Joe junky. Love Mika.

besides that, it's a steady diet of internet news via msnbc.com, washingtonpost.com and other e-mail newsletters.

ti_boi
01-31-2008, 08:34 AM
I listen to the wind, it speaks to me.

Other than that online:

NY Times
Drudge
Marketwatch
NJ real Estate Blog
Viper's Daily Dilemna

radio: WNYC
Marketplace
NPR All things...

Print:
NY Times Weekend edition
Esquire
GQ
Outdoors

sg8357
01-31-2008, 08:39 AM
NPR, The NYT, PBS Newshour.
Prime Ministers Question time on Cspan, nearly as good as the Daily Show.
The BBC evening news, that PBS shows here at night.

For serious stuff, The New York Review of Books, excellent essays.

When John Stewart interviews Doris Kearns Goodwin, are we seeing
comedy or the best commercial TV news ?

Tom
01-31-2008, 08:47 AM
Economist
Huffpo

Blue Jays
01-31-2008, 08:48 AM
Wall Street Journal

93legendti
01-31-2008, 08:51 AM
I get my movie ideas from viper, financial and economic info from aneidaride, mideast news from 93legenti, shino is the food and comic section, latest finance deals from jimcav, and I use e-richie for the silly word games atmo.

one more....fixed is my Ann Landers

JG

POTD!

avalonracing
01-31-2008, 08:54 AM
I listen to the wind, it speaks to me.

Dubya??? Is that you? I didn't know that you post here.

ti_boi
01-31-2008, 08:58 AM
Dubya??? Is that you? I didn't know that you post here.

Oh no you din't........oh no.

fiamme red
01-31-2008, 09:13 AM
I never read newspapers. The best way to get the news is from objective sources. And the most objective sources I have are people on my staff who tell me what’s happening in the world. I get briefed by Condoleeza every morning.

W.

p.s. We’re making great progress in Iraq.

mjb266
01-31-2008, 09:19 AM
news.google.com

customizable

WadePatton
01-31-2008, 09:24 AM
I can do entirely without it. I don't seek it out. It is always distorted in one way or t' other and then they want to sell some widgets along with it. It does filter its way down to me through talk radio or comedy shows--you know the two.

Try a "news" sabbatical (recommended by some smart integrative doctor), you might not come back.

Worry about the guy down the street more and less about the "more newsworthy" thing from 2000 or 8000 miles away. There are some things that it is safe to be blissfully ignorant of. Think about it.

cadence231
01-31-2008, 10:34 AM
hadassah magazine (http://atmolicious.blogspot.com/) atmo.

"My girlfriends! I'm gonna plotz!

fiamme red
01-31-2008, 10:43 AM
i take the jewish standard (http://rscyclocross.blogspot.com/) and hadassah magazine (http://atmolicious.blogspot.com/) atmo.Relentless atmo. ;)

cadence231
01-31-2008, 10:53 AM
Relentless atmo. ;)

"Celebrate relentlessness."!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmHAVGoRFI)

Russell
01-31-2008, 11:00 AM
Washington Post - print
News Hour - TV
McClatchy - mcclatchydc.com
The Christian Science Monitor - csmonitor.com

shinomaster
01-31-2008, 11:02 AM
prompted by another thread.
what media do you use to try to understand the world?

i use.
ny times 60% left but the just hired kristol so maybe not now
boston globe- live nr boston, some overlap w/ times now
economist- british, 95% right
wsj- 90% right... now that its murdoch will be interesting to watch it become what it has to become...will become 200% right.
npr- tends left but offers both sides on shows
dailykos- website 95% left ( +- )
wash post- read sometimes, columnists on both sides. great series on cheney btw.

i dont watch tv news other than local for weather/ sports

I get all the info I need right here on the Forum.

avalonracing
01-31-2008, 11:22 AM
Who is finally going to admit that they get all of their "News" from Fox?
Come on now... I know that there are a couple of you out there from the content of your posts.

93legendti
01-31-2008, 11:25 AM
I never read newspapers. The best way to get the news is from objective sources. And the most objective sources I have are people on my staff who tell me what’s happening in the world. I get briefed by Condoleeza every morning.

W.

p.s. We’re making great progress in Iraq.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wilmouth/2007/12/24/nbcs-general-mccaffrey-sees-progress-iraq

Sunday's "NBC Nightly News" featured retired General Barry McCaffrey, NBC News military analyst and "one-time war critic," as he voiced his "surprising new assessment" that conditions in Iraq have improved "dramatically" since the surge. McCaffrey, former Drug Czar of the Clinton administration, remarked: "A year ago, I thought the thing was going over the edge of a cliff. That has changed dramatically in a very short period of time."Anchor Lester Holt played up McCaffrey's history of being a war critic as he teased the December 23 show: "Reality Check: New progress in Iraq, and a surprising new assessment from a four-star general and one-time war critic, just back from Baghdad." (Transcript follows)

After the show led with two reports regarding the holiday weekend, one on the travel situation and one on last-minute shoppers, Holt introduced the story on Iraq as he touted "measurable progress" and "a dramatic drop" in violence. Holt: "This will be the fifth Christmas American troops have marked the holiday inside Iraq, but this year, for the first time, they will also be celebrating measurable progress on the ground: a dramatic drop in the level of violence. And as NBC's Stephanie Gosk reports, that progress is also changing the lives of the people who live there."

Correspondent Stephanie Gosk began her report by relaying that "improved security in Baghdad means the quality of life for many is turning around" as she showed an Iraqi family having a picnic. The remarked that "the progress has surprised many," and then showed a clip of McCaffrey's comments. McCaffrey: "A year ago, I thought the thing was going over the edge of a cliff. That has changed dramatically in a very short period of time."

Gosk further mentioned that "attacks throughout the country are down 62 percent since March," before focusing on potential problems that could arise in the future. Holt then brought aboard McCaffrey for further discussion. The NBC anchor opened the discussion by again mentioning the retired general's history of being a war critic: "You have been certainly critical of American efforts in Iraq before, but you returned from this trip with an upbeat assessment. How real and how sustainable is this drop in violence we're seeing?"

...McCaffrey summarized the improvements in Iraq's security. McCaffrey: "The objective numbers, Lester, are dramatically different. Violence is down, abductions, assassinations, truck bombings. Baghdad, the principal day I was in the city, had two violent incidents in a city of six million people. I was out in Anbar province and drove around Ramadi, which was the Wild West a year ago. And now it's relatively secure."

McCaffrey also complimented "this new Secretary of Defense, Bob Gates, and General David Petraeus and Ambassador Ryan Crocker" as "an unbelievable leadership team."

Below is a complete transcript of Gosk's report and the interview with McCaffrey from the Sunday December 23 "NBC Nightly News":

LESTER HOLT, in opening teaser: Reality Check: New progress in Iraq, and a surprising new assessment from a four-star general and one-time war critic, just back from Baghdad.

GOSK: The U.S. military says that attacks throughout the country are down 62 percent since March. That's because small bases are keeping the peace in Baghdad's most violent neighborhoods. Radical Shia cleric Muqtada al-Sadr declared a cease-fire in September, reining in his militia. And in al-Anbar province, what the military calls an awakening movement. Tribal leaders tired of al-Qaeda's brutal tactics rose up against the insurgents...

General BARRY MCCAFFREY, NBC News Military Analyst: Well, that was a terrific report by Stephanie Gosk. I think she really makes the case. The objective numbers, Lester, are dramatically different. Violence is down, abductions, assassinations, truck bombings. Baghdad, the principal day I was in the city, had two violent incidents in a city of six million people. I was out in Anbar province and drove around Ramadi, which was the Wild West a year ago. And now it's relatively secure. I think we've seen a lot of things happen at the same time. One is this new Secretary of Defense, Bob Gates, and General David Petraeus and Ambassador Ryan Crocker are an unbelievable leadership team. And then I think the Iraqis are changing. The Sunnis are trying to get back in the game before our expected pullout-

HOLT: Right.

MCCAFFREY: -and the Shia are actually in a cease-fire mostly. The question is: What happens as we withdraw?

HOLT: And, General, you certainly talk in your report that there's still a lot of unfinished business, there's still a level of violence there. But one thing, I had a double take in your report, you stated that al-Qaeda in Iraq has been defeated at a tactical and operational level in Baghdad and Anbar province. If you take al-Qaeda in Iraq out of the equation, where does that leave the battle?

MCCAFFREY: Well, a lot better off. They were clearly one of the biggest lethal threats to both the Iraqi police and army as well as U.S. forces...

HOLT: General Barry McCaffrey, we always appreciate your insight. Thanks for being with us tonight.

MCCAFFREY: Good to be with you, Lester

zeroking17
01-31-2008, 11:36 AM
I get my news from clouds, wind, inner voices, birds, old books, trees, roadside ditches, cicadas, thunder, neighbors, and watersheds.

All the rest is background noise.......................

thejen12
01-31-2008, 11:43 AM
1. CBS news radio - "all news, all the time"
2. a local news radio station that gives local news interspersed with CNN news radio for the updates on the 1/2 hour.

Jenn

taz-t
01-31-2008, 11:58 AM
1. TMZ
2. Hot Topic
3. The Insider (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/227154)
4. Inside Edition

DreaminJohn
01-31-2008, 12:18 PM
as I can get Britney updates on this Forum, it will be the ONLY site I ever need. :)

Cdub
01-31-2008, 01:01 PM
Who is finally going to admit that they get all of their "News" from Fox?
Come on now... I know that there are a couple of you out there from the content of your posts.

I will bite I love Fox!!, (on XM only)but i need the balance.
Huffington Post
Drudge
msn.com
From y'all (this forum) More liberal people here (besides my mother, she is WAAAY left) then any circle I run in here in Bush country.

I enjoy reading all the different views/opinions. Ya'll are some well read cookies.

WadePatton
01-31-2008, 01:04 PM
I get my news from clouds, wind, inner voices, birds, old books, trees, roadside ditches, cicadas, thunder, neighbors, and watersheds.

All the rest is background noise.......................

absolutely-mo.

Fixed
01-31-2008, 01:33 PM
"Hello Americans, This Is Paul Harvey..."
cheers

ti_boi
01-31-2008, 01:40 PM
I get the news I need on the weather report.
I can gather all the news I need on the weather report.
Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile.
Da-n-da-da-n-da-da-n-da-da here I am
The only living boy in New York

Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
And we don't know here.

--Paul Simon

Tom
01-31-2008, 01:46 PM
"Hello Americans, This Is Paul Harvey..."
cheers

http://www.mischkemadness.com/audiofiles/paul_harveys_bong.mp3

avalonracing
01-31-2008, 01:53 PM
Sunday's "NBC Nightly News" featured retired General Barry McCaffrey, NBC News military analyst and "one-time war critic," as he voiced his "surprising new assessment" that conditions in Iraq have improved "dramatically" since the surge.

Sounds to me like... "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!" Yay!
Hmmm, with everything going so well I wonder why the Republican candidates are fighting over which one of them dared to mention a word about a timetable for a withdraw?

93legendti
01-31-2008, 01:56 PM
Sounds to me like... "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!" Yay!
Hmmm, with everything going so well I wonder why the Republican candidates are fighting over which one of them dared to mention a word about a timetable for a withdraw?

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/br...s-progress-iraq

Sunday's "NBC Nightly News" featured retired General Barry McCaffrey, NBC News military analyst and "one-time war critic," as he voiced his "surprising new assessment" that conditions in Iraq have improved "dramatically" since the surge. McCaffrey, former Drug Czar of the Clinton administration, remarked: "A year ago, I thought the thing was going over the edge of a cliff. That has changed dramatically in a very short period of time."Anchor Lester Holt played up McCaffrey's history of being a war critic as he teased the December 23 show: "Reality Check: New progress in Iraq, and a surprising new assessment from a four-star general and one-time war critic, just back from Baghdad." (Transcript follows)

After the show led with two reports regarding the holiday weekend, one on the travel situation and one on last-minute shoppers, Holt introduced the story on Iraq as he touted "measurable progress" and "a dramatic drop" in violence. Holt: "This will be the fifth Christmas American troops have marked the holiday inside Iraq, but this year, for the first time, they will also be celebrating measurable progress on the ground: a dramatic drop in the level of violence. And as NBC's Stephanie Gosk reports, that progress is also changing the lives of the people who live there."

Correspondent Stephanie Gosk began her report by relaying that "improved security in Baghdad means the quality of life for many is turning around" as she showed an Iraqi family having a picnic. The remarked that "the progress has surprised many," and then showed a clip of McCaffrey's comments. McCaffrey: "A year ago, I thought the thing was going over the edge of a cliff. That has changed dramatically in a very short period of time."

Gosk further mentioned that "attacks throughout the country are down 62 percent since March," before focusing on potential problems that could arise in the future. Holt then brought aboard McCaffrey for further discussion. The NBC anchor opened the discussion by again mentioning the retired general's history of being a war critic: "You have been certainly critical of American efforts in Iraq before, but you returned from this trip with an upbeat assessment. How real and how sustainable is this drop in violence we're seeing?"

...McCaffrey summarized the improvements in Iraq's security. McCaffrey: "The objective numbers, Lester, are dramatically different. Violence is down, abductions, assassinations, truck bombings. Baghdad, the principal day I was in the city, had two violent incidents in a city of six million people. I was out in Anbar province and drove around Ramadi, which was the Wild West a year ago. And now it's relatively secure."

McCaffrey also complimented "this new Secretary of Defense, Bob Gates, and General David Petraeus and Ambassador Ryan Crocker" as "an unbelievable leadership team."

Below is a complete transcript of Gosk's report and the interview with McCaffrey from the Sunday December 23 "NBC Nightly News":

LESTER HOLT, in opening teaser: Reality Check: New progress in Iraq, and a surprising new assessment from a four-star general and one-time war critic, just back from Baghdad.

GOSK: The U.S. military says that attacks throughout the country are down 62 percent since March. That's because small bases are keeping the peace in Baghdad's most violent neighborhoods. Radical Shia cleric Muqtada al-Sadr declared a cease-fire in September, reining in his militia. And in al-Anbar province, what the military calls an awakening movement. Tribal leaders tired of al-Qaeda's brutal tactics rose up against the insurgents...

General BARRY MCCAFFREY, NBC News Military Analyst: Well, that was a terrific report by Stephanie Gosk. I think she really makes the case. The objective numbers, Lester, are dramatically different. Violence is down, abductions, assassinations, truck bombings. Baghdad, the principal day I was in the city, had two violent incidents in a city of six million people. I was out in Anbar province and drove around Ramadi, which was the Wild West a year ago. And now it's relatively secure. I think we've seen a lot of things happen at the same time. One is this new Secretary of Defense, Bob Gates, and General David Petraeus and Ambassador Ryan Crocker are an unbelievable leadership team. And then I think the Iraqis are changing. The Sunnis are trying to get back in the game before our expected pullout-

HOLT: Right.

MCCAFFREY: -and the Shia are actually in a cease-fire mostly. The question is: What happens as we withdraw?

HOLT: And, General, you certainly talk in your report that there's still a lot of unfinished business, there's still a level of violence there. But one thing, I had a double take in your report, you stated that al-Qaeda in Iraq has been defeated at a tactical and operational level in Baghdad and Anbar province. If you take al-Qaeda in Iraq out of the equation, where does that leave the battle?

MCCAFFREY: Well, a lot better off. They were clearly one of the biggest lethal threats to both the Iraqi police and army as well as U.S. forces...

HOLT: General Barry McCaffrey, we always appreciate your insight. Thanks for being with us tonight.

MCCAFFREY: Good to be with you, Lester

93legendti
01-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Terrorist Web site reports death of senior Al-Qaida commander

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press , THE JERUSALEM POST Jan. 31, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One al-Qaida's top commanders in Afghanistan and a key liaison with Taliban, Abu Laith al-Libi, was killed according to a Web site used by terrorist groups.

"We congratulate the Islamic nation for the martyrdom of the sheikh, the lion, Abu Laith al-Libi," said the banner which appeared in a section of the Web site reserved for affiliated militant groups and is not open to public posting. The message gave no further details about his death.

The Washington-based SITE Institute which monitors terrorist sites noted that it seems "the announcement of his death has been confirmed to the forum administrators."

The attack that killed al-Libi appeared to have taken place in Pakistan, according to reports by Pakistani intelligence officials and local media.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1201523805308&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FPrinter

Dekonick
01-31-2008, 02:12 PM
Word World

Sesame Street

and the Serotta Forum.

:beer:

pjm
01-31-2008, 02:27 PM
http://www.thesuperficial.com/
I gotta' know whats going on with Britney. :rolleyes: :banana:

Avispa
01-31-2008, 02:36 PM
nyt, cnn.com and local news
they all suck.

+1

Check this place out, much better:
http://therealnews.com/web/index.php

..A..

Fixed
01-31-2008, 02:40 PM
http://www.mischkemadness.com/audiofiles/paul_harveys_bong.mp3
thanks i used to listen to him when i worked in my dad's machine shop cheers

Mud
01-31-2008, 02:56 PM
She lives with us, turns 95 in June and still has her fastball. Hates GWB, loves Hillary, manages her own portfolio. I am told who to vote for, what is wrong with everything, etc. What is great she worries about stuff in the far future so I don't mind my morning dose of Mom.

Fixed
01-31-2008, 03:00 PM
She lives with us, turns 95 in June and still has her fastball. Hates GWB, loves Hillary, manages her own portfolio. I am told who to vote for, what is wrong with everything, etc. What is great she worries about stuff in the far future so I don't mind my morning dose of Mom.
sweet she sounds great imho cheers

mitt bro this cat is very smart how come he can't show it with mccain ? i don't get it help me understand .he looked like a punching bag in the debate ..
cheers

stevep
01-31-2008, 03:26 PM
sweet she sounds great imho cheers

mitt bro this cat is very smart how come he can't show it with mccain ? i don't get it help me understand .he looked like a punching bag in the debate ..
cheers

look at romneys wife behind him in photos,
the picture is
" mitt, can we stop throwing this money away and let me go back to my mansion, i'm sick of this..."

she sees what he doesnt see... hes going home with a lot of money or less money but hes going home without the prize.

93legendti
01-31-2008, 03:42 PM
Gov. Romney's wife has MS.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitt_Romney#Personal_life

Romney graduated from the Cranbrook School in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan in 1965.[7] After attending Stanford University for two quarters, Romney served in France for 30 months as a missionary for the LDS Church.[8]

After his mission service, Romney attended Brigham Young University, where he graduated as valedictorian, earning his Bachelor of Arts degree summa cum laude in 1971.
In 1975, Romney graduated from a joint Juris Doctor/Master of Business Administration program coordinated between Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School. He graduated cum laude from the law school and was named a Baker Scholar for graduating in the top five percent of his business school class.[9]

Business career
After graduation, Romney remained in Massachusetts and went to work for the Boston Consulting Group, where he had interned during the summer of 1974.[10] From 1978 to 1984, Romney was a vice president of Bain & Company, Inc., another management consulting firm based in Boston. In 1984, Romney left Bain & Company to co-found a spin-off private equity investment firm, Bain Capital.[11] During the 14 years he headed the company, Bain Capital's average annual internal rate of return on realized investments was 113 percent,[12] making money primarily through leveraged buyouts.[13] He invested in or bought many well-known companies such as Staples, Brookstone, Domino's, Sealy Corporation and Sports Authority.[14]

In 1990, Romney was asked to return to Bain & Company, which was facing financial collapse. As CEO, Romney managed an effort to restructure the firm's employee stock-ownership plan, real-estate deals and bank loans, while increasing fiscal transparency. Within a year, he had led Bain & Company through a highly successful turnaround and returned the firm to profitability without layoffs or partner defections.[12]

Romney left Bain Capital in 1998 to head the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympic Games Organizing Committee.[15] He and his wife have a net worth of between 190 and 250 million USD.[16]

CEO of the 2002 Winter Olympics
Romney served as president and CEO of the 2002 Olympic Winter Games held in Salt Lake City. In 1999, the event was running $379 million short of its revenue benchmarks. Plans were being made to scale back the games in order to compensate for the fiscal crisis.[17] The Games were also damaged by allegations of bribery involving top officials, including then Salt Lake Olympic Committee (SLOC) President and CEO Frank Joklik. Joklik and SLOC vice president Dave Johnson were forced to resign.[18]

On February 11, 1999, Romney was hired as the new president and CEO of the Salt Lake Organizing Committee.[19] Romney revamped the organization's leadership and policies, reduced budgets and boosted fundraising. He also worked to ensure the safety of the Games following the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 by coordinating a $300 million security budget.[20] Despite the initial fiscal shortfall, the Games ended up clearing a profit of $100 million, not counting the $224.5 million in security costs contributed by outside sources.[21][22]

Romney contributed $1 million to the Olympics, and donated the $825,000 salary he earned as President and CEO to charity.[23] He wrote a book about his experience titled Turnaround: Crisis, Leadership, and the Olympic Games...[24]

Romney was sworn in as the 70th governor of Massachusetts on January 2, 2003. Upon entering office, Romney faced a projected $3 billion deficit, but a previously enacted $1.3 billion capital gains tax increase and $500 million in unanticipated federal grants decreased the deficit to $1.2 billion.[42] Through a combination of spending cuts, increased fees, and removal of corporate tax loopholes, by 2006 the state had a $700 million surplus and was able to cut taxes.[43][44]...

On April 12, 2006, Romney signed the Massachusetts health reform law which requires nearly all Massachusetts residents to buy health insurance coverage or else face a substantial penalty in the form of an additional income tax assessment. ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitt_Romney

Geez, what a terrible guy. How dare he run for President. You can see how someone could really hate him. :rolleyes:

swoop
01-31-2008, 04:28 PM
tmz.com

mjb266
01-31-2008, 04:32 PM
the onion?

a100mark
01-31-2008, 04:33 PM
As a flaming liberal, I dare say www.drudgereport.com.
I'm into that whole keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer thing.

taz-t
01-31-2008, 05:08 PM
tmz.com

HEY! no looking at my answers

jemoryl
01-31-2008, 05:25 PM
tmz.com

I looked at this to see what it was and was shocked to not recognize a single name until I scrolled down several pages (where a Michael Jackson was mentioned). How out of touch can a person get?

1centaur
01-31-2008, 05:51 PM
CNN.com is my home page both at home and at work. Yes it's left but it's a lot cleaner interface than the other news sites.

Wall Street Journal I get at work and read for work. Over the last few years, the general news stories have gone increasingly left while the editorial page stayed solidly right.

Bloomberg news stories hit my eyes all day at work. Not a lot of bias.

Local community newspaper once a week.

Boston Globe.com just to read the front page and the business page. Way left on the front page and editorial page. Choice of stories/angle/headline is an excellent example of how bias works.

Scan local news channels occasionally, including NECN which seems pretty neutral in its reporting and choice of stories.

Watch CNN and Fox (adjacent channels on my cable system) back and forth during debates or major national stories. I hate Hannity and Coombs (sp?) and that's what dominates the time when I could choose to watch Fox, so I really see very little Fox over the course of a year. I hate Hannity more than the other guy.

I would read a lot more news/opinion if I had the time, but I am reading investment specific stuff all day at work and my brain is ready for the trainer when I get home, then American Idol.

And yes, I do sometimes read stories here first.

NPR is unlistenable, IMO.

jerk
01-31-2008, 06:41 PM
I spend way too much money on French newspapers. but the French do newspapers right.

le figaro
l'humanite
le monde

I also read the Boston globe even though the times has destroyed that paper. I also read het volk and le soir to keep up with belgian news and sports.

for magazines its the new yorker, foreign affairs, the economist and bicisport.

NPR for radio...PBS for tv.

jerk

catulle
01-31-2008, 06:54 PM
Granma
Crumb Comix

vaxn8r
01-31-2008, 08:02 PM
I get my news from Colin Cowherd and Dan Patrick.

avalonracing
01-31-2008, 09:27 PM
Terrorist Web site reports death of senior Al-Qaida commander
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1201523805308&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FPrinter

More sad news:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/30/AR2008013003106.html?wpisrc=rss_print

paczki
01-31-2008, 09:30 PM
1. Cyclingnews
2. L'Equipe
3. Velonews

paczki
01-31-2008, 09:41 PM
hadassah magazine (http://atmolicious.blogspot.com/) atmo.

Thank you for my new favorite blog :banana: :banana:

Viper
01-31-2008, 09:45 PM
I read and listen to Britney Spears' blogs, I put my ear to the ground in the am, I look for patterns in the evening clouds, I watch X-Files on dvd, Walter Cronkite won't take me sailing atmo.

e-RICHIE
01-31-2008, 09:47 PM
Thank you for my new favorite blog :banana: :banana:
gets some atmo.

paczki
01-31-2008, 09:50 PM
I read and listen to Britney Spears' blogs, I put my ear to the ground in the am, I look for patterns in the evening clouds, I watch X-Files on dvd, Walter Cronkite won't take me sailing atmo.

You should really try ATMO-licious. I'm not sure what else I need to know.
:banana:

PBWrench
01-31-2008, 09:55 PM
Guinness Book of World Records

capybaras
02-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Serotta Form - mostly general discussion, sometimes the classifieds :banana:

csm
02-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Fox News during opie and anthony commercials in the morning and ron and fez during lunch.

Bruce H.
02-02-2008, 07:56 PM
NYT.com; 1060 am news (Philadelphia); Good Morning America and ABC evening news.

Grant McLean
02-02-2008, 08:24 PM
I spend way too much money on French newspapers. but the French do newspapers right.

jerk

the jerk get it.

I'd say the list in this thread is far too USA-centric for a bunch of well educated
higher income Americans. There's a whole world out there, the CBC is a
good place to start, but i also get at least a couple hours of NPR a day,
and the podcast of the PBS newshour...

-g

93legendti
02-03-2008, 08:26 AM
the jerk get it.

I'd say the list in this thread is far too USA-centric for a bunch of well educated
higher income Americans. There's a whole world out there, the CBC is a
good place to start, but i also get at least a couple hours of NPR a day,
and the podcast of the PBS newshour...

-g

I do not know how much time you spend watching local USA news, but the CBC is as Canadian-centric as the local news here is USA-centric.

What percentage of news reports in the USA, in your viewing experience, are USA-centric?

Even if you are right? It IS a free market, right?

While you are at it, can you PLEASE fix Windsor's news? Forget Canadian- centric, 11 years of Windsor - centric news is worse than watching paint dry.

paczki
02-03-2008, 09:25 AM
I do not know how much time you spend watching local USA news, but the CBC is as Canadian-centric as the local news here is USA-centric.

What percentage of news reports in the USA, in your viewing experience, are USA-centric?

Even if you are right? It IS a free market, right?

While you are at it, can you PLEASE fix Windsor's news? Forget Canadian- centric, 11 years of Windsor - centric news is worse than watching paint dry.

It's just that if you see news from different perspectives you get a better sense of the truth. Like when you listen to the CBC you realize that Fox News are the lapdogs of the Zionist world conspiracy.

[Just funning you! :banana:]

93legendti
02-03-2008, 09:28 AM
It's just that if you see news from different perspectives you get a better sense of the truth. Like when you listen to the CBC you realize that Fox News are the lapdogs of the Zionist world conspiracy.

It's a good thing, I HATE lapdogs and their owners who drive around with them on their laps and in their shoulder bags...it's a pet: LEAVE IT AT HOME!

Grant McLean
02-03-2008, 12:47 PM
It's just that if you see news from different perspectives you get a better sense of the truth.

gets it.

-g

:banana:

Fat Robert
02-03-2008, 12:49 PM
i get all my news from this forum

93legendti
02-03-2008, 01:09 PM

When I listen to CBC, I realize they are unreliable--like the Bob McKeown claim on “The Fifth Estate,” that Canada did not fight in the Vietnam War. Makes you wonder why Windsor, Ontario has a War Memorial for Vietnam War for Canadian Soldiers that fell in the Vietnam War. Maybe the Memorial was erected in error.:

http://kerfuffle.wordpress.com/2006/07/17/ann-coulter-was-right/

Coulter: “Canada used to be one of our most loyal friends and vice-versa. I mean Canada sent troops to Vietnam - was Vietnam less containable and more of a threat than Saddam Hussein?”

McKeown interrupts: “Canada didn’t send troops to Vietnam.”

Coulter: “I don’t think that’s right.”

http://barneykin.com/northwall/

"Near the U.S. border there is one memorial, The North Wall, at Assumption Park, Windsor, Ontario, overlooking the Detroit River. It honors the 103 Canadians who lost their lives in Vietnam and the seven who went missing in action. It is a fine tribute to those Canadians who served and sacrificed all for their belief in freedom."

http://archives.cbc.ca/IDC-1-71-1413-9128/conflict_war/vietnam/clip7
http://archives.cbc.ca/IDC-1-71-1413-9131/conflict_war/vietnam/clip10

"In 1973, the International Commission of Control and Supervision Vietnam (ICCS) was responsible for securing the armistice that lasted two years from 1973 to 1975, known as Operation Gallant. Canada, a member of the commission, contributed 240 Canadian Forces whose role was to monitor the cease-fire in South Vietnam, according to the Paris Peace Conference, and to arrange the release and exchange of more than 32,000 prisoners of war. In addition, ten to forty thousand Canadians, voluntarily served in Vietnam or during the Vietnam era with the American military, of whom 111 Canadians, were lost. One Canadian soldier, Toronto born Peter C. Lemon, won the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Because it is almost a state secret, most Canadians do not even know that their own Canadian Armed Forces won a Nobel Peace Prize for their efforts in Vietnam."

I find it better to listen to many news sources with an open mind, rather than the ones that reinforce your p.o.v. That's why I read and watch 3-4 sources of news - I can figure out for myself what's what. What puzzles me is the people who are experts on the stations they DON'T watch:

53-11
02-03-2008, 01:35 PM
When I listen to CBC, I realize they are unreliable--like the Bob McKeown claim on “The Fifth Estate,” that Canada did not fight in the Vietnam War. Makes you wonder why Windsor, Ontario has a War Memorial for Vietnam War for Canadian Soldiers that fell in the Vietnam War. Maybe the Memorial was erected in error...

I find it better to listen to many news sources with an open mind, rather than the ones that reinforce your p.o.v. That's why I read and watch 3-4 sources of news - I can figure out for myself what's what. What puzzles me is the people who are experts on the stations they DON'T watch:

"Near the U.S. border there is one memorial, The North Wall, at Assumption Park, Windsor, Ontario, overlooking the Detroit River. It honors the 103 Canadians who lost their lives in Vietnam and the seven who went missing in action. It is a fine tribute to those Canadians who served and sacrificed all for their belief in freedom."

Coulter: “Canada used to be one of our most loyal friends and vice-versa. I mean Canada sent troops to Vietnam - was Vietnam less containable and more of a threat than Saddam Hussein?”

McKeown interrupts: “Canada didn’t send troops to Vietnam.”

Coulter: “I don’t think that’s right.”

In 1973, the International Commission of Control and Supervision Vietnam (ICCS) was responsible for securing the armistice that lasted two years from 1973 to 1975, known as Operation Gallant. Canada, a member of the commission, contributed 240 Canadian Forces whose role was to monitor the cease-fire in South Vietnam, according to the Paris Peace Conference, and to arrange the release and exchange of more than 32,000 prisoners of war. In addition, ten to forty thousand Canadians, voluntarily served in Vietnam or during the Vietnam era with the American military, of whom 111 Canadians, were lost. One Canadian soldier, Toronto born Peter C. Lemon, won the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Because it is almost a state secret, most Canadians do not even know that their own Canadian Armed Forces won a Nobel Peace Prize for their efforts in Vietnam.

If you are going to use this as your argument please mention that the Canadians who died were serving in the American armed forces wearing American uniforms. Some information on the wall:

http://www.glanmore.org/cdncas/memorialair.html
http://spidersweb.stormpages.com/history.htm

from your own link:
"There is no official war memorial commemorating Canadians who sacrificed their lives in Vietnam.

Finally, through the efforts of a small group of American veterans from Michigan, a war memorial commemorating the fallen Canadian soldiers was erected on Canadian soil, July 2, 1995"

The Government of Canada did not fight in Vietnam.

93legendti
02-03-2008, 01:45 PM
If you are going to use this as your argument please mention that the Canadians who died were serving in the American armed forces wearing American uniforms. Some information on the wall:

http://www.glanmore.org/cdncas/memorialair.html
http://spidersweb.stormpages.com/history.htm

from your own link:
"There is no official war memorial commemorating Canadians who sacrificed their lives in Vietnam.

Finally, through the efforts of a small group of American veterans from Michigan, a war memorial commemorating the fallen Canadian soldiers was erected on Canadian soil, July 2, 1995"

The Government of Canada did not fight in Vietnam.

Right, as I said, Canadians did fight- with the approval of the Canadian Government (unless you can cite the case of a Canadian prosecuted for fighting in the War), which was also involved in filling American defense contracts for shipment to Vietnam:

Some of the many Canadian-manufactured products destined for Vietnam included: ammunition, aircraft engines, gun sights, grenades, boots, green berets, napalm, TNT, rye whiskey, Agent Orange, generators and passenger vehicles, to name just a few. Between 1965 and 1973, industry in Canada supplied $2.47 billion worth of war material to the United States.

McKeown said:“Canada didn’t send troops to Vietnam.”

"...Canada, a member of the commission, contributed 240 Canadian Forces whose role was to monitor the cease-fire in South Vietnam"

Canada likes to claim that it was impartial in Vietnam War. Canadians fought in the War and Canadian companies and the Canadian Government supported the War.

Grant McLean
02-03-2008, 01:49 PM
When I listen to CBC, I realize they are unreliable--like the Bob McKeown claim on “The Fifth Estate,” that Canada did not fight in the Vietnam War. Makes you wonder why Windsor, Ontario has a War Memorial for Vietnam War for Canadian Soldiers that fell in the Vietnam War. Maybe the Memorial was erected in error.:

blah blah blah

What the heck are you talking about?

Coulter IS WRONG.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_and_the_Vietnam_War

How was the CBC wrong in correctly stating our government's position???

-g

Grant McLean
02-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Canada likes to claim that it was impartial in Vietnam War. Canadians fought in the War and Canadian companies and the Canada Government supported the War.

..and how does this relate to the CBC restating the official position of the Gov?

Coulter was making the case that the Canadian government supported the US
in the Vietnam war, and should do the same in Iraq. She didn't have her fact
right.

g

93legendti
02-03-2008, 01:54 PM
What the heck are you talking about?

Coulter IS WRONG.

How was the CBC wrong in correctly stating our government's position???

-g

Read the links from CBC's archives:

"Supplying the War Machine":

"Canada's Secret War: Vietnam":
"...And there was Canada's involvement in secret missions, weapons testing and arms production. CBC Archives looks at Canada's role in the Vietnam War..."

http://archives.cbc.ca/IDD-1-71-1413/conflict_war/vietnam/

Grant McLean
02-03-2008, 01:57 PM

"Supplying the War Machine":

"Canada's Secret War: Vietnam":
"...And there was Canada's involvement in secret missions, weapons testing and arms production. CBC Archives looks at Canada's role in the Vietnam War..."

So Coulter was asking for Canada to be invoved in secret missions?
You've got it wrong...let it go.

It's easy to look up the history. Of course Canada was involved in the war.
OUR GOVERNMENT POSITION WAS NOT PRO WAR.
Maybe that's too subtle a point for you...

-g

93legendti
02-03-2008, 01:59 PM
..and how does this relate to the CBC restating the official position of the Gov?

right.

g
The host challenged Coulter about Canada's role in the War. Canada had a huge role in the war from arms to men. Canada DID support the US in the War. READ THE LINKS FROM THE CBC:

"...Some of the many Canadian-manufactured products destined for Vietnam included: ammunition, aircraft engines, gun sights, grenades, boots, green berets, napalm, TNT, rye whiskey, Agent Orange, generators and passenger vehicles, to name just a few.... Between 1965 and 1973, industry in Canada supplied $2.47 billion worth of war material to the United States."

93legendti
02-03-2008, 02:03 PM
So Coulter was asking for Canada to be invoved in secret missions?
You've got it wrong...let it go.

It's easy to look up the history. Of course Canada was involved in the war.
OUR GOVERNMENT POSITION WAS NOT PRO WAR.
Maybe that's too subtle a point for you...

-g

You let it go, you're so wound up you're not reading straight.
Canada was pro war, or it would not have done the following:

"...Some of the many Canadian-manufactured products destined for Vietnam included: ammunition, aircraft engines, gun sights, grenades, boots, green berets, napalm, TNT, rye whiskey, Agent Orange, generators and passenger vehicles, to name just a few.... Between 1965 and 1973, industry in Canada supplied $2.47 billion worth of war material to the United States."

You can't be anti-war and support the US's War Effort to the tune of $2.47 billion, supplying items designed to kill. What part of an anti-war position is Agent-Orange, grenades, gun sights and ammunition?

Grant McLean
02-03-2008, 02:07 PM
You can't be anti-war and support the US's War Effort to the tune of $2.47 billion, supplying items designed to kill. What part of an anti-war position is Agent-Orange, grenades, gun sights and ammunition?

Coulter didn't ask your question, unfortunately for her.

-g

93legendti
02-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Coulter didn't ask your question, unfortunately for her.

-g
She should have asked why CBC online has links for Canada's Secret War: Vietnam.

Grant McLean
02-03-2008, 02:15 PM
She should have asked why CBC online has links for Canada's Secret War: Vietnam.

By the simple fact that's it's a "secret" how could it be the "official" position?

Either you're playing games, or have some other agenda.
I'm done here. Let's move on.

-g

93legendti
02-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Grant, you've had one too many. The Gov't may have SAID that their position was anti-war, but the CBC, the source YOU TRUST FOR NEWS, says otherwise. How did the US Army test Agent -Orange in Canada?

"Agent Orange is one of the most infamous and dirtiest legacies of the Vietnam War. Ottawa always denied that it cooperated with the United States in testing chemical warfare agents for Vietnam. A recently released report states that in June 1966 the American army tested Agent Orange at Base Gagetown in New Brunswick. "

http://archives.cbc.ca/IDC-1-71-1413-9130/conflict_war/vietnam/clip9

It's illegal for Canadian's to fight in a foreign military:

"• Canada's 1937 Foreign Enlistment Act prohibited Canadians from serving in the armed forces of a nation at war with a friendly state, thus it is unlikely that Mr. Echlin ever received permission for his unit. "
http://archives.cbc.ca/IDC-1-71-1413-9120/conflict_war/vietnam/clip2

How many were prosecuted from the 30-40,000 Canadians that fought in the War?

Who was the $2.47 Billion in war materiel kept secret from? The Canadian Government? The Canadian Companies?

Here's a bit from the Wilkipedia link you provided:

"Assistance to the Americans
Canada's official diplomatic position in relation to the Vietnam War was that of a non-belligerent, which imposed a ban on the export of war-related items to the combat areas.[citation needed] Nonetheless, Canadian industry was also a major supplier of equipment and supplies to the American forces, not sending these directly to South Vietnam but to the United States. Sold goods included relatively benign items like boots, but also munitions, napalm and commercial defoliants, the use of which was fiercely opposed by anti-war protesters at the time. In accordance with the 1958 Defence Production Sharing Agreement, Canadian industry sold $2.47 billion in war materiel to the United States between 1965 and 1973. [2] Many of the companies were owned by US parent firms, but all export sales over $100,000 US (and thus, the majority of contracts) were arranged through the Canadian Commercial Corporation, a crown corporation which acted as an intermediary between the U.S. Department of Defence and Canadian industry.[2] Furthermore, the Canadian and American Defense departments worked together to test chemical defoliants for use in Vietnam. [12] Canada also allowed their NATO ally to use Canadian facilities and bases for training exercises and weapons testing as per existing treaties.

Between 28 January 1973 and 31 July 1973, Canada provided 240 peacekeeping troops to Operation Gallant, the peace keeping operation associated with the International Commission of Control and Supervision (ICCS) Vietnam, along with Hungary, Indonesia, and Poland.[1] Their role was to monitor the cease-fire in South Vietnam per the Paris Peace Accords.[13]"

Yes, Canada likes to claim their position was anti-war. Canada is wrong. I am sorry you do not like the facts.

Grant McLean
02-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Yes, Canada likes to claim their position was anti-war. Canada is wrong. I am sorry you do not like the facts.

Are you a mental patient?

Canada was NOT anti-war. Not pro-war

Look again:
"Canada did not fight in the Vietnam War, and diplomatically it was officially "non-belligerent".

I've already stated the facts are plain regarding the war.

Can't you see the difference?

-g

93legendti
02-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Are you a mental patient?

Canada was NOT anti-war. Not pro-war

Look again:
"Canada did not fight in the Vietnam War, and diplomatically it was officially "non-belligerent".

I've already stated the facts are plain regarding the war.

Can't you see the difference?

-g
Are you a doofus?

right.

g

According to you, Canada was non-belligerent. The CBC and Wilkipedia state how deep Canada's support for the War Effort was, as I cited above. Without Canada's help, it is doubtful the USA could have sustained the war effort.

If you were sober, you would realize, SAYING you are anti-war and/or non-belligerent and acting as Canada did during the war are irreconcilable.

I do not care what the your Government SAYS it's positiion was. I care about your Government's ACTIONS --which were PRO-WAR.

Sober up and get some sleep.

53-11
02-03-2008, 02:51 PM
When I listen to CBC, I realize they are unreliable--.......

I am trying to understand your argument. This is about the media and in this particular case about your dislike towards CBC and how they are, in your words "unreliable" yet you use links to support your argument from CBC archives. Are they still reliable?
You also ask others to site their position and to site... please, can you direct us to any link where it shows the Canadian Government making an official statement supporting the U.S. in the Vietnam war.

Grant McLean
02-03-2008, 02:56 PM
According to you, Canada was non-belligerent.

What are you talking about?

According to me? I have not stated my position on anything.
We not talking about me... we're talking about the CBC, and Ann Coulter.

-g

93legendti
02-03-2008, 03:01 PM
I am trying to understand your argument. This is about the media and in this particular case about your dislike towards CBC and how they are, in your words "unreliable" yet you use links to support your argument from CBC archives. Are they still reliable?
You also ask others to site their position and to site... please, can you direct us to any link where it shows the Canadian Government making an official statement supporting the U.S. in the Vietnam war.

My argument is that when a CBC TV hosts says one thing and the CBC online "says" another, there is an inherent unreliability, because not every one will double check what they HEAR with what is written/posted on line. The contradiction does not make CBC TV news/programs reliable to me.

I do not have a link (haven't looked and would like to ride before the sun goes down). If McKeown had said "the stated postion was anti-war/non-belligerent, but the facts are otherwise" that would have been accurate.
Canada supplied the War Machine. Canadians fought in the War.

Grant McLean
02-03-2008, 03:08 PM
My argument is that when a CBC TV hosts says one thing and the CBC online "says" another, there is an inherent unreliability, because not every one will double check what they HEAR with what is written/posted on line. The contradiction does not make CBC TV news/programs reliable to me.

I do not have a link (haven't looked and would like to ride before the sun goes down). If McKeown had said "the stated postion was anti-war/non-belligerent, but the facts are otherwise" that would have been accurate.
Canada supplied the War Machine. Canadians fought in the War.

Look... they are two different questions. You can't smash them together
no matter how hard you try.

Ann Coulter was characterizing the Iraq situation as the one where Canada
failed to show it's official support and send troops, and how this was different
than Vietnam... SHE WAS WRONG. The host got it right.

The fact that Canada was involved in the war is not in question. The question
was about OFFICIAL support. You have to answer the questions they ask, not
the ones you want to talk about...

-g

swoop
02-03-2008, 03:11 PM
tom brokaw=campy
anne coulter=shimano
oprah=sram

stevep
02-03-2008, 03:19 PM
tom brokaw=campy
anne coulter=shimano
oprah=sram

from wikipedia.

"campy stinks
shimano rules the world
sram= scram"

swoop never knows which gear he's actually in...
like 9th?
12th?
16th?
he's making up the rest of this stuff.*

he has no idea.
atso.

* i got this off wackapedia.