PDA

View Full Version : OT: Inversion Tables...

Avispa
01-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Any of you use it? What are your thoughts? Are you smarter after you've used it... Or have you been able to see the world "from a different angle"... :D

Seriously, what do you know, think?

..A..

rbtmcardle
01-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Have a reebok model from Sports Authority, use mine mostly just to relieve compression on my lower back, it sure helps. Worth every penny as far as I am concerned.

chuckroast
01-30-2008, 06:51 PM
My wife lobbied for one for Christmas starting back in October. I normally make a practice of not buying something off a list but I relented because she was really excited about having one. I put it together Christmas morning, hour and a half, she got on (in?) flipped it over and promptly got nauseaous. She gave it a fair chance though, tried it a few more times, same results. I took it back apart, carefully put it back in the box (two and a half hours) and we schlepped it back to the store. Surprisingly, cash refund, no questions asked.

regularguy412
01-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Have a reebok model from Sports Authority, use mine mostly just to relieve compression on my lower back, it sure helps. Worth every penny as far as I am concerned.

I have a Stamina Inversion Table. Bought the least expensive model that Sam's Club had. It was $148.00, including shipping to my house.

I did not have the nausea problem that the wife of one of the posters noted. However for the first few sessions,,I did not go to full inversion. Mine has a strap that is adjustable and allows the table to 'stop' at various angles. After I got used to the sensation, I finally went full inversion. I hang, now, for about five minutes at a time, at least once per day. It seems to work better for me if my muscles are warmed up, like after a ride ,or shower. I tried hanging first thing in the morning, and I never felt comfortable. There are some caveats: persons with high blood pressure should avoid full inversion, and there is also a weight limit. The limit for my table is 250 lbs. The foot clamp extension needs to be adjusted for a person's height, as well.

I find that it really does help with lower back decompression. But it's not for everyone. You might use a friend's table a few times before popping for one for yourself.

Mike in AR

romdobe
01-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Three months ago I bought a Teeter Inversion table. The first week I went to 60 degrees of inversion. After that I went to 90 degrees for a week and then full inversion. I use it for ten minutes three times a day.

The back pain that I experienced for the last twenty years has just about disappeared. Every morning I ride twenty-five miles and then I do my first inversion session. No more visits to the chiropractor.

Michael Maddox
01-30-2008, 11:00 PM
By the way, it's not an "inversion table."

It's a "bat rack." :)