PDA

View Full Version : Colnago BiTitan

ressbautista
08-17-2004, 12:53 AM
Hi all: Does anybody here have a Colnago Bititan? How does it ride? How durable is the frame? Any complaints about its performance after 10 or so years?

Thanks,
Ress

dave thompson
08-17-2004, 06:41 PM
Hi all: Does anybody here have a Colnago Bititan? How does it ride? How durable is the frame? Any complaints about its performance after 10 or so years?

Thanks,
Ress
I had (past tense) a Colnago Titanio, which was the successor to the Bi Titan. Mine had the twin down tubes like the Bi. And like the Bi it was a real noodle. I'm not a strong guy, but I could introduce chain rub in almost any gear combo. The ride was merely OK, and Colnago sizing is weird so understand what Colnago size you need.

My understanding that the Bi-Titan was short lived because of the flex and because there were more than a few instances of cracked tubes.

ressbautista
08-19-2004, 12:48 AM
Dave, I am looking to get a secondhand Colnago. I thought it was BiTitan but from what I have read, it could be Master Ti. It has the double downtube and the top tube is fluted. Is this correct? I read that the top tube of the BiTitan is round and this was succeeded by the Master Ti with the shaped top tube.

I considered this frame because 1) it is durable and corrosion-free and 2) the ride should be plush, if what I hear about ti bikes is true

I weigh about 143 soaking wet and I am in no way a powerful rider. Would I notice the flex? Would you recommend that I get this frame?

dave thompson
08-19-2004, 06:29 AM
IF you have a chance to ride the bike to see if it fits you and it suits you, then you can make the decision to buy or not.

The entire line of the Colnago twin down-tube models was short lived, for whatever the reason. Perhaps if you did a Google search you could find more info about the bike.

08-19-2004, 07:06 AM
I seen one in a lbs hanging from the ceiling waiting to be repaired. The down tube or tubes had cracked near the bb. Plenty of good ti builders in the u.s.a that are better. maybe wait for another used one to come along. I bought i used legend ti and love it. Try one you won't regret it.