PDA

View Full Version : question for powertap users

Climb01742
01-28-2008, 02:30 PM
how do you clear/erase workout data from the powertap computer? in the power agent software, is that what the "clear device" function does? will that just clear the training files or clear all the settings? also, anyone know what the data storage limit for the computer is--how many hours of workouts you can save before the memory gets maxed out? thanks in advance.

Fat Robert
01-28-2008, 02:58 PM
jimbo-climbo, i apologize in advance for my lousy answer

but

throw that thing away and just have the jerk motorpace you three times a week

Too Tall
01-28-2008, 03:09 PM
how do you clear/erase workout data from the powertap computer? in the power agent software, is that what the "clear device" function does? will that just clear the training files or clear all the settings? also, anyone know what the data storage limit for the computer is--how many hours of workouts you can save before the memory gets maxed out? thanks in advance.

http://www.saris.com/t-cycleopsFAQ.aspx?skinid=2#PTfaq5

http://www.saris.com/t-cycleopsFAQ.aspx?skinid=2#PTfaq12

Climb01742
01-28-2008, 03:25 PM
jimbo-climbo, i apologize in advance for my lousy answer

but

throw that thing away and just have the jerk motorpace you three times a week

robert, do you know what the view is like from behind the jerk? 3 times a week??!! week after week??!! dude, why sentence me to that??!!

keno
01-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Hold down the right and left buttons on the unit and let them go after "clr" appears (after "find").

Depends on recording rates for data.

Thought you decided against this and the SRM a year or two back after buying and selling an SRM.

keno

Climb01742
01-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Hold down the right and left buttons on the unit and let them go after "clr" appears (after "find").

Depends on recording rates for data.

Thought you decided against this and the SRM a year or two back after buying and selling an SRM.

keno

i did. but one of the many flaws in my mt washington training was i used perceived effort. it was too subjective. i think (hope?) i'll benefit from an objective measure. i think i made quite a few mistakes in my past training efforts. i'm trying to correct them. or find new ones. ;)

thanks for the tip.

jeffg
01-28-2008, 04:49 PM
i did. but one of the many flaws in my mt washington training was i used perceived effort. it was too subjective. i think (hope?) i'll benefit from an objective measure. i think i made quite a few mistakes in my past training efforts. i'm trying to correct them. or find new ones. ;)

thanks for the tip.

Climb,

So what are you training for this time? :banana:

On topic, I think the Powertap is a great option, especially for folks with more than one bike!

Spicoli
01-28-2008, 06:02 PM
:beer: look into the cyclingpeaks software. i strongly suggest it if you have not done so already? so much useful info. thats done automatically and saves a ton of interpretation. :beer:

PS i will post up some pics. of the cda this week too, that may give you an idea what the result is?

Climb01742
01-29-2008, 06:00 AM
Climb,

So what are you training for this time? :banana:

On topic, I think the Powertap is a great option, especially for folks with more than one bike!

jeff, gonna do some time trials. we have a local weekly one here. and another reason i like the PT is it's mac-compatible. are you planning any big euro-rides this summer?

Climb01742
01-29-2008, 06:03 AM
:beer: look into the cyclingpeaks software. i strongly suggest it if you have not done so already? so much useful info. thats done automatically and saves a ton of interpretation. :beer:

PS i will post up some pics. of the cda this week too, that may give you an idea what the result is?

thanks, some pics would be way cool.

and i've heard that cyclingpeaks can produce very useful analysis.

Spicoli
01-29-2008, 07:05 AM
Sorry climb, I see you are a mac user. To use Cyclingpeaks you have to get some kind of conversion software or something to that effect. A teamate just did it a couple weeks ago. Still worth it IMO though.

jeffg
01-29-2008, 02:03 PM
jeff, gonna do some time trials. we have a local weekly one here. and another reason i like the PT is it's mac-compatible. are you planning any big euro-rides this summer?

I'd love to do the Ariegeoise again or the GF Campagnolo, but I am looking to do at least three-four doubles here in California:

Mulholland?
Devil Mountain
Central Coast
Terrible Two

Check it out on: http://www.caltriplecrown.com/schedule.htm

I could sub the Ariegeoise for the Terrible Two if the funds for a European vacation are there ...

Now that I've said it, I have to do at least those doubles ;)