PDA

View Full Version : Salsa Quill Stem Comments

jberenyi
01-25-2008, 02:03 PM
Just received a new 100mm Salsa quill stem. It is absolutely stunning to look at. The finish is awe inspiring and extremely durable. I am amazed at the quality of the welds. I really thought I was going to go with a silver vintage Cinelli, Modolo, etc. but this black stem just makes the bike pop especially with my gloss black Record hubs. If you guys have ever contemplated owning one I can vouch for the product. Took one to work and another guy said "Wow, I gotta have one for my new Pinarello build". Mine arrived with a factory paint flaw below the stem section due to handling but its being replaced. I say this because I tried to buff the flaw out with rubbing compound and the paint is so hard and durable, I couldn't get pigment in my rag! This baby has some serious powder coating on it.

mosca
01-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Cool, I've liked those stems ever since I saw this bike (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=270854&postcount=20) . Post some pics soon!

eddief
01-25-2008, 03:18 PM
...you can have it any color you want. mine looked great in powder.

jberenyi
01-25-2008, 04:19 PM
Believe me...I will. The bike's not complete yet and already the wife is getting jealous over how much I admire it over her (and she's pretty hot lookin'). I just tell her "Honey...its all about the bike. Remember? You read the book". :)

Cool, I've liked those stems ever since I saw this bike (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=270854&postcount=20) . Post some pics soon!

dschlichting
01-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Not for weight weenies, but a great product with a solid feel and I can't flex it. I have them on 2 of the 4 bikes in my fleet.

jberenyi
01-25-2008, 10:19 PM
We weighed it at work and its only 30 grams heavier than a Cinelli XA. I think that's acceptable even for weight weenies.

Not for weight weenies, but a great product with a solid feel and I can't flex it. I have them on 2 of the 4 bikes in my fleet.

konstantkarma
01-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Have one on my CSI. it was the only stem I could find with enough rise. Very stiff and nice looking!

Keith A
01-26-2008, 02:29 PM
I also have one on my CSi (see the link in my signature) that has a threaded steerer tube. I also have Salsa stems on two other bikes as well -- they are great stems.

KKevin
01-26-2008, 02:38 PM
I have two older salsa quill stems 13cm.