PDA

View Full Version : Bettini and Axel: separated at birth?

BumbleBeeDave
08-14-2004, 06:07 PM
I am assuming these guys are standing on the same level--I am continually struck by the huge size difference between Axel and just about everyone else, especially the small guys like Bettini. Mercado and Garcia Acosta in that tour stage struck me the same way. Amazing the small guys like Bettini and Mercado can pull off wins--They look like little kids!

This photo is from VeloNews’ photo gallery today.

BBDave

jerk
08-14-2004, 09:42 PM
actually as a big jerk himself, the jerk thinks it's amazing the big guys can pull off the wins....the power is great but the power to weight ratio sucks for a guy like axel compared to a guy like paolo...don't forget that we 6foot plus guys need to ride in the drops to get in you little guys' drafts...the secret for a larger rider is top ride small.....lots and lots of saddle stem drop....

BumbleBeeDave
08-14-2004, 10:03 PM
. . . did this guy get so tall? How tall is Eddie? His wife just cannot be 6 foot something . . .

BBDave

weisan
08-14-2004, 11:21 PM
Quoted in the official Athens 2004 Olympic website:

Bettini: ""Last night before I went to sleep I was thinking that I should win the gold. Today, I woke up, I ate breakfast and I said to my self let's go for the gold."

shinomaster
08-15-2004, 01:28 AM
Why do you think Axel is always using the Bora wheelios? Are they really nice?

Shino

jerk
08-15-2004, 09:24 AM
shino your question has two answers....he always uses them because his team is paid to use them and yes they are really, really nice.
jerk

Climb01742
08-15-2004, 10:43 AM
i'm really glad for axel. bravo!!!! if bettini is the cricket, what is axel? the giraffe? :p

shinomaster
08-15-2004, 01:18 PM
I rarely see his other team mates on the Boras so I was wondering if he used them because he was a big guy and they were more stiff? Seems like the other guys use the Neutrons or Hyperons more often than the Boras..

just curious..

Tom
08-16-2004, 08:11 AM
I thought that the gold medal guy was supposed to be up higher than the others. They should have taken Axel's step away so he wouldn't tower over the other two guys.