PDA

View Full Version : Dog Eaten

roman meal
01-24-2008, 08:21 PM
I hate it when I go play a round of golf and the employees at the club eat my pet dog. It's so unprofessional.

January 24, 2008
Animal Cruelty Charge in Dog - Eating Case
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Filed at 9:04 p.m. ET

HONOLULU (AP) -- A grand jury indicted two former golf club employees on theft and animal cruelty charges after police said they butchered and ate a patron's pet dog.

Witnesses told Moanalua Golf Club officials they saw the workers load the German shepherd-Labrador mix, named Caddy, into a car and drive away at the end of their shift on Dec. 16.

The dog's owner, Frank Manuma, said the club had given him permission to bring 8-month-old Caddy while he played a round of golf. The dog vanished after being left tied up near a maintenance shed, Manuma said.

The club fired the workers and investigators later told Manuma the two men butchered and ate his pet.

An Oahu grand jury indicted Saturnino Palting, 58, and Nelson Domingo, 43, both of Kalihi, on Tuesday. The felony charges are punishable by up to five years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

Palting and Domingo had not hired or been assigned attorneys by Thursday.

''We're delighted that it's moving forward,'' Manuma said when told of the grand jury indictments.

Manuma said he and his wife, Debbie Weil-Manuma, considered the dog like a child they never had.

He said they now have a 3-month old mixed German shepherd-Golden retriever named Caddy 2.

csm
01-24-2008, 08:28 PM
I heard them say
as they were taken away....
"tasted like chicken."

rounder
01-24-2008, 08:41 PM
I hate it when I go play a round of golf and the employees at the club eat my pet dog. It's so unprofessional.

January 24, 2008
Animal Cruelty Charge in Dog - Eating Case
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Filed at 9:04 p.m. ET

HONOLULU (AP) -- A grand jury indicted two former golf club employees on theft and animal cruelty charges after police said they butchered and ate a patron's pet dog.

Witnesses told Moanalua Golf Club officials they saw the workers load the German shepherd-Labrador mix, named Caddy, into a car and drive away at the end of their shift on Dec. 16.

The dog's owner, Frank Manuma, said the club had given him permission to bring 8-month-old Caddy while he played a round of golf. The dog vanished after being left tied up near a maintenance shed, Manuma said.

The club fired the workers and investigators later told Manuma the two men butchered and ate his pet.

An Oahu grand jury indicted Saturnino Palting, 58, and Nelson Domingo, 43, both of Kalihi, on Tuesday. The felony charges are punishable by up to five years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

Palting and Domingo had not hired or been assigned attorneys by Thursday.

''We're delighted that it's moving forward,'' Manuma said when told of the grand jury indictments.

Manuma said he and his wife, Debbie Weil-Manuma, considered the dog like a child they never had.

He said they now have a 3-month old mixed German shepherd-Golden retriever named Caddy 2.

I was gonna say that that was really sick and Manuma shouldn't play that course again. But...after reading further that he had gone out and gotten another dog named Caddy 2...believe he is just asking for more trouble. For what it's worth.

AgilisMerlin
01-24-2008, 08:42 PM
"i heard one got a nervous tick' after eating it"

Roman, you are starting to scare me...........

TOA still in the early afternoon..............?

rwsaunders
01-24-2008, 08:45 PM
I recall a National Geographic article about Hong Kong several years ago. There was a photo which was taken in the kitchen of a restaurant, and there was a cage of full of puppies in the corner. I guess you have to put things in perspective. But jeeez, it's not like they don't have a snack shack at the golf club.

roman meal
01-24-2008, 08:49 PM
TOA still in the early afternoon..............?

1-2 afternoon, stop say hello and all?

TimB
01-24-2008, 09:14 PM
that it's much more civilized to go eat a hamburger?

Sandy
01-24-2008, 09:56 PM
This should be quite the thread before it is over.

Sandy

DarrenCT
01-24-2008, 10:04 PM
ack!

so much for having dinner

i guess it'll be beer!

roman meal
01-24-2008, 10:09 PM
I don't mean any malice toward dogs by posting this, I was just flabbergasted that one could pay money to play golf at a nice club, and then they just go off and eat your dog while you were on the back nine. I mean, that's just so unnecessary.

It's surreal and disturbing at the same time.

roman meal
01-24-2008, 10:36 PM
carl spackler

would not eat your dog

Blue Jays
01-24-2008, 11:09 PM
It's what's for dinner!

MarleyMon
01-24-2008, 11:31 PM
Poi Dog Smoldering

stevep
01-25-2008, 05:24 AM
funny thing is when i played that course i left my pet haddock with the guys and they didnt bother him at all...
plus they taught him to fetch.

BumbleBeeDave
01-25-2008, 06:37 AM
Guess this means you shouldn't leave Kevan tied to the parking lot guard rail next time you go play? :rolleyes: :crap:

BBD

dbrown
01-25-2008, 07:41 AM
Let me get this right... the owner tied Caddy up to the maintenance building at the golf course. I guess that makes it a caddy shack.

Ozz
01-25-2008, 07:45 AM
Let me get this right... the owner tied Caddy up to the maintenance building at the golf course. I guess that makes it a caddy shack.
....Caddy Snack....

disgusting story.....

Fixed
01-25-2008, 07:45 AM
Man bites dog and the related phrase Dog bites man are used to describe a phenomenon in journalism, in which an unusual, infrequent event is more likely to be reported as news than an ordinary, everyday occurrence.
cheers

Tom
01-25-2008, 07:50 AM
I had a pet cow once.